• An Island where only Tarot, Love, Sex (books+movies) allowed is my choice

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Tarot is my Work

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Tarot is not enough to fill my life - there is so much more

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • Tarot is All in my life - Work, Love, Beginning and End

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Tarot takes one away from 'real' world, making concentration at work difficult

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Tarot helps work. How?

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Other. Please explain

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

jumptothemoonyea

Please tell us how your love of Tarot and your work come together in your life. Is it harmonious union? Or painful? Which one is dominating? Would you like to change it? Do they help each other or it is opposite? (substitute work with school if you are a student)

Please vote in the above poll with multiple choices.

catlin

Oh, I am the first one to answer!

Currently I still have a normal full time job to make ends meet but I plan to do my living by professional tarot readings, counselling, lectures, writing and the CRAFT SHOPPE I want to set up.

Tarot is a vital part of my life, besides, job prospects are very bad in Germany (especially if you are over 35) and it is just a matter of time until my employer will sack me.

Zephyros

I chose Tarot monastary:)

It would be wonderful if that were possible, but real life come in the way... On the other hand, Tarot is a tool to help you live, not replave life... so... I don't really know...

Flavio

My first choice was " I love my work and Tarot is integral part of my life" and that includes helping with my work...

I've been using Tarot to put things ins perspective whenever I am confused or unsure of what to do, whether it a personal or family matter or job-related, the day job is the axis of my existence and my main income source so Tarot readings come handy.

I've done job-related readings about attitude to take on meetings, business trips advice, to know where is my career going and how to deal with difficult people, the Tarot helped ALWAYS in effective and surprising ways.

la-luna

I chose I love my work and Tarot is integral part of my life

What can I say I love my job (most of the time that is) and till now both come together quite harmoniously together, I have 2 computers and on both the background and screensavers a decks.
Most of my colleges know my interest and think that’s fine (do not have many problems had some time ago a college who came 3-4 or even more times to me to ask even beg for a reading, she could not take a single decision for her private live without it . – then one day I stopped it spoke perhaps a bit too severe to her about it since then nothing never seen her back)

raeanne

Hi all,
I checked two: I love my job and tarot is an integral part of my life, AND Tarot is not enough to fill my life – there is so much more. I have so many interests! I just don’t think I could limit myself to just one or two.

tmgrl2

What a great poll, jttmy!! Well constructed with the right dash of humor...

I retired a year ago, but my work and Tarot merge beautifully...love them both...and my next "endeavor" ...volunteering ....is going to be with Hospice...

which I am sure I will love as well....my life's work has always involved working with people, teaching, therapies....so Tarot and work...great combo!

terri

Fatima

catlin said:
Currently I still have a normal full time job to make ends meet but I plan to do my living by professional tarot readings, counselling, lectures, writing and the CRAFT SHOPPE I want to set up.

Tarot is a vital part of my life, besides, job prospects are very bad in Germany (especially if you are over 35) and it is just a matter of time until my employer will sack me.

OMG! Same thing here...
I am an accountant :(, talk about compatibility...
If my boss or worse clients got to know that read cards, they'd freak out. So corporate...
But I intend to retire early and set up full shop: readings & spiritual work.

F.

snowy_owl

I voted for the island approach but I think I should note that I find good conversation, a glass of wine and chocolate necessary also.

I have not worked (for pay) for a good number of years so perhaps the work issue is not relevant. I would love to work but have not found the right spot for me at the moment.

Lady Orchard

good poll....I checked I would like Tarot to be a bigger part of my life than work.....but only because there wasn't an option that said I would like Tarot to be my work!

I dislike my job, it is meaningless and repetitive. Funnily enough since I started with tarot just before xmas I've been off work with stress/depression....which is mainly why I have notched up so many posts on here in such a short while!

ultimately it would be fab if tarot could be incorporated into work....a part time living from doing readings and parties in the future for example. I have also toyed with the idea of setting up a metaphysical style shop, but thats still in its ace of wands stage at the moment lol