• An Island where only Tarot, Love, Sex (books+movies) allowed is my choice

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Tarot is my Work

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Tarot is not enough to fill my life - there is so much more

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • Tarot is All in my life - Work, Love, Beginning and End

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Tarot takes one away from 'real' world, making concentration at work difficult

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Tarot helps work. How?

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Other. Please explain

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

fairyhedgehog

I would like an option that says, "I love my work, and tarot is an interesting hobby".

I spend far too much time in here :) But I also go to the gym, cycle, go to craft fairs, sort out my website, even plant the odd flower in the garden occasionally :) If tarot takes away from anything it is time I might have spent in other creative pursuits.

I don't use tarot to run my life, I use it to admire artwork, to enjoy a variety of decks and sometimes for self-development. That might look pretty much like doing a conventional reading for myself, but the thinking behind it is probably quite different :)

NightWing

Islands in the Sun...

I would go for the Island; provided there were a few really good coffee shops and restaurants on it! One cannot live on tarot alone (or sex for that matter).

flissgig

Oh what fun!

I think I may have voted for the wrong thing in the poll.

When I was working night duty as a nurse, in the dead of night when all was quiet, nurses would come from wards around the hospital to have their cards consulted.

It was fabulous, there's something about the wee small hours that allows you to be extra focussed.

So I'd say that the tarot made my work infinitely more interesting, and it stopped me from getting the sack for falling asleep on the job!

Now I'm at home I find that tarot tends to be a thread which runs through everything. Life is too broad to be dominated by one thing, but should be a tapestry of lots.

Have I rambled?

Fay

Great Questions though

MercyMe

Tarot is my work right now as a professional reader. However, that job is not my only job. I also am raising three children, attending university, and taking care of multiple aspects of my life in which tarot is an integral part, but not the focus.

Even when I am working, tarot is not the focus, the querant is. Tarot is a tool I use to help them sort out their questions, give themselves answers, and work out their own confusion. I could help them without the cards, as a life coach, counselor, friend. But the cards are insightful and give us a touching point together, a third-party, if you will, that brings objectivity and thoughtful, pointed observations.

Tarot has woven itself into the tapestry that is my life, its threads are found both subtly and strongly, depending on the area of life you view, but it's there nonetheless, always.

WolfSpirit

What a great poll :)
fairyhedgehog said:
I would like an option that says, "I love my work, and tarot is an interesting hobby".
[snip]
I don't use tarot to run my life, I use it to admire artwork, to enjoy a variety of decks and sometimes for self-development. That might look pretty much like doing a conventional reading for myself, but the thinking behind it is probably quite different :)

Yes I would use that option as well, nonetheless I already ticked three :D

*I love my work and tarot is integral part of my life.
I love the job I have now (am unsure how long it will last though) but it has absolutely nothing to do with tarot, it is in a technical environment. Still tarot is an integral part of my life anyway, helps me relax and put things into perspective, which helps me in dealing with everyday problems and empowering myself (I quoted fairyhedgehog because that is how I often use it too, although not exclusively)

*Tarot is not enough to fill my life
There are so many things I enjoy...spending time in nature is very important for me, but I also enjoy music, movies, good food...
Tarot helps me live the life I want but does not overtake my life.

*Tarot helps work.
Not in a practical sense, but I notice I find stressful situations much easier to deal with. Mainly because I put things better into perspective, maybe this is just getting more mature (ha ! :laugh: ) but I find tarot a very useful tool to help me achieve this.

reagun ban

I'm a computer programmer by trade. Tarot doesn't figure in my trade at all.

Nimbus

MercyMe, I really like how you put it! I agree totally.

My job is very 'corporate' and 'clinical' at the same time. A few people know my yearnings for the 'unusual'. I would love to someday make the leap to reading for others on a more regular basis. I work in a 'helping profession' and have a great deal of experience with counselling; my profession in general is quite conservative.

For now, I spend time reading about the tarot from a variety of authors, and the few readings I have done for myself at critical junctures in my life have been amazingly accurate; this has helped make clear some issues I had been confused about. I have also read for friends and their friends.

I think the tarot will always be a part of my life, but will not take over my life.

~Nimbus

Annabelle

I voted for two options, that "I want Tarot to be a bigger part of my life than work" and that "I want to live in a Tarot Monastery."

I think I may have almost succeeded in making tarot a bigger part of my life than work - seems that even while at work (as I am now) I'm still logged in here and posting. I'm never far from a deck of tarot cards, regardless of where I am and what I'm doing.

As for living in a tarot monastery, that would be like living a dream. To be sequestered with tarot decks and books and materials, to make the study and use of tarot into the main focus of my life - it would be fantastic. Not sure if that it a sad and pitiful thing to say or not - but it's the truth!

tarotbear

What about "WORK really sucks and Tarot makes my life Bearable" ? :smoker:

Alpha-Omega

Tarot is my Work. i Just opened an Online Bizz and so far so good :)