• An Island where only Tarot, Love, Sex (books+movies) allowed is my choice

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Tarot is my Work

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Tarot is not enough to fill my life - there is so much more

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • Tarot is All in my life - Work, Love, Beginning and End

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Tarot takes one away from 'real' world, making concentration at work difficult

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Tarot helps work. How?

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Other. Please explain

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

catlin

tarotbear said:
What about "WORK really sucks and Tarot makes my life Bearable" ? :smoker:

LOL, good point, TB!!!

Tree Sprite

Tarot helps me find balance with work. Work for me is a large corporate, which likes to think it runs in the logical rational tangible world, (which of course it doesn't). Tarot lives in the world of instinct, intuition and intangible reality (which is where work really is). So reading tarot keeps me connected to instinct and intuition, which helps me make the right decisions in the corporate world.

I have a fantasy of one day doing some post graduate study in the area of corporate witchcraft - how to practically apply folk magic and 'old' religion self empowerment to corporate life that is closer to the paradigm of patriarchal monotheism and hierarchical power. Tarot would be a wonderful tool to add to the charm bag..

Tree Sprite

Annabelle4 said:
I think I may have almost succeeded in making tarot a bigger part of my life than work - seems that even while at work (as I am now) I'm still logged in here and posting. I'm never far from a deck of tarot cards, regardless of where I am and what I'm doing.

Oooh, Annabelle, I have to confess, so am I! The corporate network is a wonderful thing. (and my deck is in my handbag, just in case...)

Tabby

I answered "I hate my work", and "I want tarot to be a bigger part in my life than work". I'm like Catlin, I'm only working a full-time job to make ends meat and to pay the bills. It's not bad work just the people I work with make my job miserable. I would love to either move up in this job or find me a different one or somehow get the tarot business agoing. So, that is why I answered what I did on the second part. Besides, study tarot more and doing more readings and expanding on what I know now about tarot.

Agathe

My answer is: "Tarot is not enough.....". And don't get me wrong here. I love Tarot and like many of you I am thinking of reading professionaly (which I don't think will ever happen ;o)), but right now I want a that full-time job to make ends meet. I'm in the job hunt stage right now that's why for the time being Tarot is not enough.....buuuuu.

Agathe