I got the blues, I need a fix--please help

Carla

Ooh, I don't fancy Waking the Wild Spirit. Some of those impish grins on the faces look right sinister to me. I don't deal well with that sort of thing. :)

Fit Stix, eh? I preordered AnnaK 2, so now I'm going to have to hold off on TurboFire until July! :)

ann823

I also like the look of the Sun and Moon tarot but that's just going by the scans. You wouldn't have to worry about impish grins, they don't have faces.
Someone I work with is thinking of getting TurboFire and would let me try it when she goes on vacation. I'd have to use a rebounder or I'd have knees to match my elbow. I can't afford fitstix so I'm making them. Sheesh, $30 for a couple of plastic tubes with granules, my Scottish genes have a conniption just thinking about it!
Ann

WyrdRaven

Have you looked at the Zerner-Farber? It comes alone, in a set with the book, or in a kit with the book and a DVD (with animated cards) The card images are portrayed on a variety of lush fabrics and trims, and have a Victorian look to them. It's also printed in a larger, thicker version with borders as the Enchanted Tarot. I don't have it myself but it has been calling my name for awhile now!

AJ

Carla, look through the trade forum, good bargains there.

With $20.00 you could also buy 4-5 chicks and in return they would make your breakfast for you. I sit and talk to my girls when I'm blue, they cuddle around me and all talk at once and tell me the tallest tales, and each tale makes me laugh. They will do this 10 times a day if you like...whereas a new deck...well it's only new once day, then it's just another deck.

Carla

ann823 said:
I also like the look of the Sun and Moon tarot but that's just going by the scans. You wouldn't have to worry about impish grins, they don't have faces.
Someone I work with is thinking of getting TurboFire and would let me try it when she goes on vacation. I'd have to use a rebounder or I'd have knees to match my elbow. I can't afford fitstix so I'm making them. Sheesh, $30 for a couple of plastic tubes with granules, my Scottish genes have a conniption just thinking about it!
Ann

I can't get close enough on the scans to decide what I think about the Sun and Moon tarot. Looks cute?

They do show lower impact variations on TurboFire, and I will certainly be following her!

jcwirish

The Druid Craft was a great choice!! It's a lovely and peaceful deck. I've trimmed mine before, just taking off the white borders, and it it gorgeous! You'll love this deck. It's got so much to say. I've used my DC much more than my VR actually.

Kissa

I'd say go for the Druidcraft that you already own and TRIM it :)

Trimming is a very good way to connect with a deck you already own but never use.

There are actually many ways of trimming the Druidcraft ("stone" borders off or not, keep the titles or not etc.), examples are shown in the trimming thread. I now regret trimming the titles off mine but the deck is still so standard, I know which card is which (unlike the Light & Shadow, my current trimming project that will probably turn into a broader pimping project).

Please let us know what you decide and how it turns out :) Good luck, have fun!!!

Kissa

AJ said:
With $20.00 you could also buy 4-5 chicks and in return they would make your breakfast for you. I sit and talk to my girls when I'm blue, they cuddle around me and all talk at once and tell me the tallest tales, and each tale makes me laugh. They will do this 10 times a day if you like...whereas a new deck...well it's only new once day, then it's just another deck.

:-D you are a wise hen, AJ :) especially the last part of your message.

Carla

My Druidcraft doesn't arrive until the 17th, but I've already bought a corner rounder! Now...what's a good paper trimmer for a reasonable price?

nisaba

evelone said:
Which Fairy Tale tarot deck do you have? The one by Lisa Hunt or the one by Magic Realist Press?

If you don't have the MRP Fairytale, you might try for that. I believe there are still copies floating around.
I got mine relatively recently, with a bonus extra card thrown in, and no King Pentacles - which Baba-Prague replaced immediately, with an extra title card autographed by the creative team! I feel very blessed. Try to get a defective copy, missing in one card, for the full pleasure this deck offers.

evelone said:
And I love my Fantastic Menagerie - it feels both historical and whimsical. The sly satire is just as alive today as it was in the nineteenth century.
I love its gentle sense of humour. And the artistic style, modelled on one Victorian, is common to many Victorians: when I use it, I feel as if I am in the silent presence of Edward Lear, C.S. Lewis, Beatrice Potter, May Gibbs and Norman Lindsay, all rolled into the one artist.