"If I could alter a card..."

tarotbear

firemaiden said:
LOL, elf! I think I'd be happy with a fig-leaf :D

FIG Leafs? What have you guys got against naked male anatomy? {from someone who has posed naked and been photographed - and adored for it!} what do you want - BOXERS? :smoker:

Anyway - this thread is about changing whatever makes you uncomfortable. So, why do these naked women only wear boring granny undies? What's wrong with some Victoria's Secret stuff?

I'm sure there is more than mere nudity that people might want to change about certain cards in certain decks ! How about replacing evil elements with the Sta-Puft Marshmellow Man, or something?

HudsonGray

Boxers with red hearts on them, yes.

I would have liked circumcised too, I believe the guy was previously described as having a 'banana' on that card. What are you going to do to the lady in Judgment?

firemaiden

banana yeah... it's that banana off-to-the-side thing. There are whole schools of divination to address this peculiarity.

HudsonGray

Oh geez....I forgot about that thread. You're right!

Alta

Kindly keep the topic on tarot. Even humourously, or it has to be Chat.

tarotbear

HudsonGray said:
What are you going to do to the lady in Judgment?
Which Judgement card are we talking about? In the Robin Wood a naked woman is leaping/reborn out of a cauldron. Why would you clothe a person who is being 'reborn'? Or is it that female breasts are not considered offensive, but pubic hair is a 'step too far'? Remember, this thread is about 'what you would alter,' not what kinds of kinky underwear would you put on the naked characters.

{I think the woman in the RW would look great in a red leather bustier with a garter belt and fishnets, but that is merely substituting one erotic image for another.}

Satori

The Queen of Wands in the RWCS has always looked like a guy in drag to me, so i would like to take away his robes and have him sit there in all of his male glory, but wearing a little plaid mini-skirt and a jock strap...no shirt, and kinda cut.

Sophie

RWS Lovers & Devil - I'd give the poor guy a real penis, not a little boy's appendage (and sans jock strap), and the woman, a neat triangle of pubic hair. Same on the Devil (maybe glowing red on the Devil :D).

RWS IX of Pentacles & XIV - Temperance - I'd give the lady a slightly less sour expression. Though not a grin. Just restful. Same with the Angel of Temperance.

Elf - if the Queen of Wands looks like a man in drag, the King of Swords looks like a butch woman in drag to me. Give her some male tights & short-sleeved tunic and let her show her pecs!

tarotbear

Sour expressions? How about the couple in the Rider Two of Cups - their faces could sour milk!

Sophie

tarotbear said:
Sour expressions? How about the couple in the Rider Two of Cups - their faces could sour milk!
"Ugh, darling, that wine tastes disgusting!"
"I know my sweet, but it's my uncle's special, drink and pretend to enjoy it - at least until he's gone!"
"I'll drink it, but I can't pretend...it's just too awful. I think I might gag."

Perhaps that's why Pixie remained unmarried? Getting together looked all too unpalatable to her ;)