"If I could alter a card..."

tarotbear

ROFLMAO! Helvetica!

Folks - the purpose of this thread is for the adventurous to make a 'refined' version of their card and post it! I scanned the Lovers in and made two copies, altered one, then scanned the two together to post.

MeeWah

Tarotbear: Your version of the Robin Wood The Lovers very well-executed!

As one of the favourite decks, however, prefer the original version in all its glory :D

Lillie

What's all this circumcision thing?

That is such a weird thing to do. Get a tiny little baby boy and snip his little hoodie off.
It's terrible.

In the Thoth deck I would change that simpering expression on the magicians face, but my artistic skills arn't up to it.

pandora

I hate the 10C

If I could change any card it would be the 10 cups RWS
For some reason the "staged" cards have made a huge impact on how I view them and it is something I can not get around. So, if they come up I notice the "staged ones" and it will alter my interpratation.
The 10 of cups;
here we have the happy family, man and wife, arms stretched out to welcome the rainbow of 10 cups, the children dance, nice little house in the background, river runs by.
But when I see this card, to me it always shouts.....this is not grounded in reality, the people are on a stage and the good life is on the back drop, (so I always think...... staged/pretend/going through the motions... ..... you may think (want to think) you have reach/are living/ in etopia but shake your head and look at reality. Think I would prefer 10 of Swords to this, at least it is clean, honest, finished!

So for me I would change the "stage" to land(grounded) and bring the river around the lower left side moving to the right of the card. Then it would perhaps bring a happier reality/conclution for the 10 of cups for me.
I did this in photoshop and I love it but I don't know how to post it/attatch it for you, sorry. You will have to imagine!

Pandora

Satori

Hi Pandora,
Nice post.
I know what you mean about that RWS 10.
And this is also why I love other decks to see how the cards are executed. There is an enormous amount of information to learn when you look at other decks.

What is great about the evolution of the thread is that while some of us might not be out to create a whole new deck that is specific to our personal symbol sets, we can, if we dare, alter cards in existing decks to suit us.

This isn't graffiti, most of the time!, but really allows us to make the deck personal. And even if it is graffiti (am I spelling that right?? my dicitonary (I did not spell that wrong on purpose!! dictionary) is packed away temporarily) I don't see anything wrong with this play. I find it fun.

Lillie

I have to say I am not a big RWS fan.
I only got one quite recently.

And there arequite a lot of cards I'd like to change.

The 9 of cups, that self satisfied geezer. I'd change him for someone who looked a bit less full of themselves.
That cards is 'happiness', and he don't look happy, just smug. I always imagine how many people he walked over to get all those cups.

6 cups. Those two kids look like standins for the dwarf out of 'Don't look now'.
They scare me a bit.

Other cards I like a lot.

Sophie

Lillie said:
IThe 9 of cups, that self satisfied geezer. I'd change him for someone who looked a bit less full of themselves.
Oh! My jolly innkeeper! Unfair! :(

Lillie

You know what?
I never thought of him like that.
But you're right, he does look like a jolly inn keeper.

Perhaps I'll try seeing him like that, and maybe it'll make a difference.

It would explain all the cups...

tarotbear

pandora said:
I did this in photoshop and I love it but I don't know how to post it/attatch it for you, sorry. You will have to imagine!

Pandora

Go to the screen to add a reply and scroll down to the boxes under the letter window.

Under 'options' look for 'Manage attachments.' it will give you a window to upload things in, but not if they're too big. Attach and send! :smoker:

Ankou

Unfortunately, I think you have to be a subscriber to post att. pics.

But you could post on a free image site and then link to it....

Tarot Bear, I hope you get some more pics in here I love your thread idea, but have zero time to play right now :(

Love and Light,

Ankou