If they dont know yet...does tarot?

214red

its interesting Amanda_04 that you think cards are a completely different entity. you can easily read peoples energy if they dont protect it well enough, but does that make it right?
One of the reasons i chose to not be open all the time is because i beleive reading someones energy is worse then reading someones diary, its intrusive. I have had it done to me and its horrible, and i dont want to hear about other peoples stuff without their permission.
Maybe one the problems with the whole 'peeping tom' syndrome in tarot is because people beleive that its harmless.
I guess its down to your own ethics, i wouldnt read someones diary, i wouldnt read their energy without permission, i wouldnt want either of those done to me.

214red

MariaPeea said:
See, one thing I tried was asking THEIR guides for the information. i asked, honestly, in the sense that if THEY thought that I deserved to know, needed to know, or should know, then they can tell me. And I have to admit, the reading I got was QUITE different from anything I got on my own, and quite an experience. And it was definitely a MUCH more rich reading into why THAT person did what they did and thought the way they thought. So, and excuse me if im wrong, but I figured that meant it was information that person would want me to know, or else their guides certainly think so.
FAB!
I think what you did was a bit more ethical, you asked if it was okay for you to have the information, was it for your highest good, what should you know. I do beleive they might not have agreed to give the information out, but it was information you should know and the guides would be in agreement.

RexMalaki

nisaba said:
And, of course, you might be okay with doing that!

some might be okay with it, even though I'm not.

it could be that I have some karmic issue that has to be worked through that another person does not have, that would explain why what is okay for one is not okay for another

Amanda

MariaPeea said:
So, and excuse me if im wrong, but I figured that meant it was information that person would want me to know, or else their guides certainly think so.

Why would you think I think you're wrong? I didn't say it wasn't information you were "allowed" to have when we ask such things.

Amanda

It's interesting that you get this:

214red said:
its interesting Amanda_04 that you think cards are a completely different entity.

...from this:

Amanda_04 said:
...Tarot is partially an extension of ourselves...

214red said:
you can easily read peoples energy if they dont protect it well enough, but does that make it right?

My theory is that we aren't all that different or separate from one another "behind the veil".

One of the reasons i chose to not be open all the time is because i beleive reading someones energy is worse then reading someones diary, its intrusive. I have had it done to me and its horrible, and i dont want to hear about other peoples stuff without their permission.

What's horrible is how people bicker about it back and forth here instead of just accepting that doing it is someone else's reality and they truly don't believe they are doing any harm (and probably aren't if they really believe they aren't).

Maybe one the problems with the whole 'peeping tom' syndrome in tarot is because people beleive that its harmless.

Please tell me how it is dangerous and harmful to the person being asked about... aside from what could happen, that is- which is an entirely different question.

I guess its down to your own ethics, i wouldnt read someones diary, i wouldnt read their energy without permission, i wouldnt want either of those done to me.

I wouldn't read someone else's diary either, but that's not what we're talking about here. People's feelings, their little 'ticks', their facial expressions, their sighs, they're body language - it's always being read whether realized or not, and their energy is a part of all of those things- you'd have to be dead not to ever really pick up on someone else's energy.

I can just see it now:

"Oh excuse me sir, your divorce is showing right through your broken heart, could you please zip that up so I don't have to feel it? I don't really want to know your business and I don't think you want me knowing it either. Thank you!"

Tarot is like Justice. Objective and blind. You can ask someone else's feelings and you will get an answer. What someone does with that information is on them, so the ethical discussion is a waste of space here in my opinion.

MariaPeea

Amanda_04 said:
Why would you think I think you're wrong? I didn't say it wasn't information you were "allowed" to have when we ask such things.

That wasn't specifically for you. That was a general 'excuse me if im wrong' in case I made no sense.

Amanda

MariaPeea said:
That wasn't specifically for you. That was a general 'excuse me if im wrong' in case I made no sense.

Ah I gotcha. :) Thanks for clarifying that.

SunriseDesire

MariaPeea said:
See, one thing I tried was asking THEIR guides for the information. i asked, honestly, in the sense that if THEY thought that I deserved to know, needed to know, or should know, then they can tell me. And I have to admit, the reading I got was QUITE different from anything I got on my own, and quite an experience. And it was definitely a MUCH more rich reading into why THAT person did what they did and thought the way they thought. So, and excuse me if im wrong, but I figured that meant it was information that person would want me to know, or else their guides certainly think so.
MariaPeea, I LOVE what you just said. What a better way to look at it! Your not snooping and perhaps, just perhaps, you can get an accurate answer!
You guys all have great ideas on this. I love it!
Edit to add, I wonder if, when you do it like that, does the person in question feel or sense something?

SunriseDesire

I tried it guys...and I gotta say...I felt dizzy

nisaba

RexMalaki said:
And, of course, you might be okay with doing that!
some might be okay with it, even though I'm not.

it could be that I have some karmic issue that has to be worked through that another person does not have, that would explain why what is okay for one is not okay for another
And then there's the other side of the coin: Does the person you read for have an objection, or not?

If a doctor knows that a patient has given permission for something, they'll do it; if they haven't given permission and hte doctor wants to do it they'll seek permission.

Case in point: inoculations.

Example 1: You bring your child in to see the doctor with a sniffle. The do all the stuff, then they say "Don't you think you should inoculate them against Disease X? You have a conscientious objection to inoculation, and perhaps you have read about the side effects that some people suffer. You do not give permission. The doctor loads up a needle anyway, and does it. Is that acceptable?

Ecample two: you bring the same child in to see the doctor with a sniffle. they do all the stuff, then don't even bother asking. After all, they think inoculations are okay, and what you don't know doesn't bother you, right? So they load up a needle, and do it anyway. Is that acceptable?

I tell you what, if a doctor had ever done that to my kid, I would have had their registration, and probably have taken out their car-tyres as well, on the way out of the surgery. Some people won't care. Others WILL - very much. Is it all okay, because the ones who would have objected don't get to know about it?