If they dont know yet...does tarot?

MariaPeea

SunriseDesire said:
I tried it guys...and I gotta say...I felt dizzy

Really?? Wow, crazy o_O Did the reading tell you to butt out, or was it helpful...?

Alta

This was an exercise that we did at the Readers' Studio two years ago. I was reading with a woman who, at the time, was a complete stranger. We were told to do a reading for our partners. Do feedback, discuss etc. Then we were given a very strict formula to follow. We were to hold both of their hands for a few seconds, then clearly ask "Do I have your permission to read for you?" and they had to clearly answer "Yes, you do". Then we read again.

It was startling almost mind blowing. The second reading where each of us had no reservations because we had verbally given our consent, was so much deeper. I actually met her guide, who I had known nothing about and she confirmed afterwards. I was bathed with the warmth and love that he had for her, and I am not all that open to emotion. Amazing. And all because the querent, clearly and aloud gave permission to read.

JSNYC

SunriseDesire said:
I tried it guys...and I gotta say...I felt dizzy
:laugh: :D :laugh: Be careful what you wish for. ;)

Alta said:
Amazing. And all because the querent, clearly and aloud gave permission to read.
There is something powerful about tangibly manifesting our wishes, intentions, desires... Some people believe our world was created when it was spoken.

SunriseDesire

Ya know, Im not sure....I need to give it some thought. Im unsure of what to make of those cards....plus....then I could hear my kids in the other room. It kinda got me distracted!!!

MariaPeea

Alta said:
This was an exercise that we did at the Readers' Studio two years ago. I was reading with a woman who, at the time, was a complete stranger. We were told to do a reading for our partners. Do feedback, discuss etc. Then we were given a very strict formula to follow. We were to hold both of their hands for a few seconds, then clearly ask "Do I have your permission to read for you?" and they had to clearly answer "Yes, you do". Then we read again.

It was startling almost mind blowing. The second reading where each of us had no reservations because we had verbally given our consent, was so much deeper. I actually met her guide, who I had known nothing about and she confirmed afterwards. I was bathed with the warmth and love that he had for her, and I am not all that open to emotion. Amazing. And all because the querent, clearly and aloud gave permission to read.

Wow, crazy! Something similar happened to me, actually, the first couple of times i did that. I heard his guides voices, I think....(I say I think because it was so nuts I just assume I made it up, LOL.) It was hilarious because he was so distinctly NOT my guide, and he spoke to me exactly as a man would break something down to someone -as in, totally blunt, LOL. Then, he either had a female guide who was considerably sweeter (and knew how to talk to a freakin girl, LOL) or that was my guide butting in. In any sense, I am totally down with this whole 'asking for permission' thing and it is now my new way of doing things.

MystiqueMoonlight

As one who doesn't use a deck of Tarot cards by studied meanings (I believe the cards are more useful when interpreted with my own intuitiveness rather than someone elses) I don't think a set of cards will "bend the result" of the reading, they are after all just cardboard with images on them and don't have that ability. Don't get me wrong I have great respect for Tarot I just don't see the cards as being something animate. I also don't believe it is wrong to refer to the Tarot for such a question. We have a right to understand the dynamics of our lives and sometimes that involves the interaction of other people. I far more prefer to refer to Tarot for such a question rather than place both of us in that awkward situation of asking the other person. By doing that I haven't harmed anyone or altered their personal space in anyway.

Noelle

Amanda_04 said:
I think asking tarot how someone feels about you is no different than pondering it quietly to yourself. And if just thinking about someone and wondering what their feelings are is busting through their privacy, then I'm afraid privacy doesn't exist under that logic.

How does anyone know that asking the tarot about someone's feelings isn't in a way like asking them in person? And how do we know there isn't some kind of energetic agreement going on with said person to get the answer from the cards? And how do we know their spirit wouldn't agree to it even if their person would not?

Too many variables there you just don't know, so I wouldn't worry if you know you aren't hurting anyone or anything.

It's quite good you aren't going through their text messages and are instead asking the cards, and it's not at all the same, in my opinion.

Tarot is partially an extension of ourselves, and I believe it will tell you how someone feels even if they aren't sure.

I agree with you that reading someone's mail, riffling through their private draw or checking their SMS messages etc. is not the same thing as asking tarot how someone feels about you (even if the person would not/cannot tell you).

My view is that someone who is not supposed to know something because it isn't for their higher good won't be given the answer ... even the tarot reader/medium etc. they choose to consult might be someone who just does not answer those particular types of questions as the norm. Sometimes tarot itself won't give the answer. Sometimes spirit guides step in to ensure the answer is not forthcoming if it's not a person's business to know.

There are times when it's 'obvious' the person is overstepping the mark. An ex-friend of mine once tried to listen in on a future conversation between myself and another person; something I didn't know until they mentioned it to me. Strangely she was rather miffed because "they" wouldn't let her hear the conversation. "Oh really!" was my response.

I believe there are times when a strong spiritual/energetic agreement is going on between 2 people that allows for certain answers from the cards.

Noelle

Alta said:

I am not surprised at the result.