It is harder setting up a website then I realized

HOLMES

perhaps it is the software i am using , studio builder or something like it that came with my website when I brought it.

example of that would be I set up the pricing initially to be all lined up and on the website it is like this
1. text text, 2 text text.
hardly unprofessional at all.

so I just started for the first time really today and so i am focusing on getting skelton down or putting the background colour op on the painting, or laying down a rhytm track.

i am not really sure what is really important to include,
I do know that i want to include a page, things the customer should know to better their reading.

I just want to share that it is harder then it looks but right now instead of going all into the history of that or this,, i am focusing on getting the pratical thing down and then later on i will include links and such.

Rev_Vesta

Hi I checked out your website.....

I understand that you have only just started setting up your website and there is still alot to be done and updated........

just a few suggestions that may help......

1) remove the angel cursors... they are very distracting from the site......

I know they are lovely but they are not very proffesional , they are great for personal fun blogs....

Reword your No Refund policy..........to include the reason you are not offering a No Refund Policy is because the price included is for the time you take to do an email reading........(keep it very short not long winded...)...

You might like to relook at the navigator bar at the bottom of the page........when you already have it to the left of your page......the bottom navigator just an xtra option.......

also look at the Page numbers....

1) Introduction
2) About You
3) About Tarot (brief Description...)
4) Services you offer and prices
5) any Xtra info (other services-Reiki prices info...)
6) Link Page
7) Contact Page

Look at your Headings- what Size, Colour........to make each page heading stand out..........

when doing the text on your page do you need to use html...if so use

<br> after each end of sentence, end of text......moves next text line under....
<br><BR> makes text miss a line...

heading <b> bold </b>
<i> italic </i>
<font size=4> large font </font>
<u> underline font</u>

here a few suggestions may help......

check out other's tarot websites for ideas and suggestions in setting up Websites........Check out Sun Chariot's awesome site......

Hope this all helps as a starting point.....

Good luck ......

Vesta
<font color=purple> purple font</font>

Melvis

I'm sure the professional readers here will be able to help with what's good to post for customer information about readings, etc.

Looks like Rev_Vesta had some good suggestions. If you have the real name of your software we can help you work within the program to make your site look its best.

(Okay, didn't realize until I read Rev's post above that your site was posted already! Oops! I'll take a look at it.)

Good luck!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Dancing Bear

i agree with rev - vesta. those angel floaty things are quite distracting ,.. I found it hard to read what was written.. can you freeze them'? or get some lovely images of angels that sit still to decorate your site..
there is plenty of free stuff out there on the web you can get all sorts for your website.. Most just want you to link back to them thats all..

It took over a year for me to get the website to how i want it, so it went through many stages.. and worst of all i had absolutely no comments whatsoever LOL!! so it must have been bad and every one was being nice by not saying anything at all LOL!!.. Mine is not professional.. but personal and thats how i like it.. I did it all by myself through trial and error.. I used coffee cup software ( visual site designer) i found this easy to use and easy to upload..

Just a few links for free angel stuff.

http://www.entity.cc/ICONS/angel-icons.php

http://www.rats2u.com/clipart/animation/clipart_angel.htm

http://icons.mysitemyway.com/free-i...yle-id/817/glowing-purple-neon-icons/culture/

http://www.iconarchive.com/show/vista-style-emoticons-icons-by-icons-land/Sweet-angel-icon.html

have fun and good luck!!

lizziecat

I'd also have to agree with Vesta - I would also get rid of the animation transitions every time you click on a link - extremely distracting and really adds nothing to the information you're trying to get across since you have to wait for it to finish before you can read the text.

I'd suggest looking at professional websites to get ideas and there are also a lot of free website templates that are easy to modify with your own text and images.

Try a search on "how to design a website". I usually search for "bad website design" to make sure I don't do certain things ;)

Here are a couple of good ones I use as a check list:

http://www.ratz.com/featuresbad.html
http://www.fenclwebdesign.com/bad-design.htm

Good luck!

SunChariot

Holmes, I like your site and I really like the movement. But btw, Reading Pirks....It's spelt Perks, not Pirks. Thought I should mention it as you may want to correct it.

Barbara

Debra

One suggestion. On the left margin, your links are:

Welcome
reiki knowledge (cut off)
reading pirks
my history
NO REFUND

The NO REFUND in shouting letters isn't very friendly. Maybe put all your policies in a link called something a bit gentler, like "policies" where you can also talk about what they can expect from you and what you expect from them.

:)

SunChariot

Yeah, the NO REFUNDS does look like it is shouting, which is what all caps does. It looks a bit angry. It might scare me off if I were a potential client.

Barbara

HOLMES

there is a reason for the caps

I want the client to be absolutely sure they want the reading, for they will be no getting no money back at all.
i could soften it but it is important it is out there, and i can't figure out how to put it down at the bottom of the page.

I havne't worked on the page in a few, been busy with stuff in real life, but i may lower the angel count to one.

Debra

Sorry, Holmes, but the message I get from it is not a healing or helpful one; it assumes there will be disagreement and dispute even before you are even in touch with people. Like if you go into a restaurant and the biggest letters on the menu say "IF YOU DON'T LIKE OUR FOOD, TOO BAD, YOU HAVE TO PAY ANYWAY." To me it screams "go away."

People want a good and healing experience--that's what they're looking for. What are you looking for? :heart: