It's All in the Cards: Tarot Reading Made Easy

bladeraven

I knew this thread existed somewhere...trying to find a local seller with the book or someone online that I can get it (sorry on a tight budget so I try to squeeze every cent I can)....this is a, I gotta have book, that I would like to have on my shelf...my fear is that I'm working on a tight time frame due to me moving to S.California but I'm too impatient to wait till then....this is one of those books I cna read while hoping I cna get a job out there....sigh...

sunflowr

Wait till you get out here. I got my copy at Borders. Call up the Borders that will be closest to you (where you're moving to) and have them order it for you .. if they dont already have it in stock. That way it will be there when you are. :)

sunflowr

ps: I LOVE this book! :) I just got it a few days ago (birthday present) and I love the interpretations and the way the author views the cards. I especially love the Court Cards and how they are interpreted here. Knights= Something coming to you. Pentacle guy being real slow at getting to you. Cups are approaching you but slowly.. the Sword Knight, on the other hand, is racing towards you! :)

Very Interesting.

And I laughed at how the author saw the RW 2 of Cups.. not an exact quote but something like, "these 2 sourpusses are getting together..". ;) haha! But soo true! They really do look pretty stern! Lighten up! You're connecting with someone wonderful! Be happy! ;)

bladeraven

Sunflwr!! Good morning...I completley forgot that you're going to be near where I'm moving to in Orange County.....I'll have to do that...just so itching to get that book..lol...I told SO..worse case...I'll have to break down and spend xtra for expediated shipping here if I can't find it at a local store...yes..I want that book so bad...TarotBear..how much do you charge for autographs??? LOL

tarotbear

what's in a name ... ?

Ink is free..... :smoker:

BTW - you should be getting the second printing when you purchase the book -- I don't know if they made the corrections or not (hey- THEY don't even know if they made the corrections or not!), and would be interested in finding out.

PM me ..

edited to add : BTW - anyone who has read the book is free to post a review to either the B&N or amazon sites. Just pull up my book and go to the bottom of the description and add yours there.

bladeraven

LOl..okay that's bad if they dont know if it's in the 2nd edition or not....the version that I will be getting for sure now is 2004....I gather that has to be the latest version then??

elysgrl

Hi tarotbear--

I was doing my periodic trawling of our library database for tarot books, and what should be newly listed but It's All in the Cards by one John Mangiapane. Hey! I thought. I think I know that guy! (Well, sort of...)

Very well done. Some things I really like:

I immediately related to your short card descriptions, "This is a card about...." because that echoes my own reading style when I'm reading for others. I'm writing all those down in my tarot notebook. And I agreed with almost all of them. ;)

I loved how you grouped the minors by number rather than suit. It annoys me when books do it the other way. The more I work with the cards, the more I understand the importance of understanding where in a particular cycle the querent might be.

Thank you for including chapters on Life and Year cards! I knew that I have the soul of a Magician, but I never really understood what it meant. (And I had a hard time explaining to my husband his Empress nature.) You provided an important clue to my psyche: as a Magician who has trouble manifesting, I think I need to look at my level of determination.

***SPOILER ALERT***

And finally, I'm still mulling over the sample spread at the end. I love when authors include sample spreads--I think it's an important tool for learning and measuring my progress as a reader--and I was pleased to see that my interpretation was pretty close to your first one. I didn't see your friend's death in the cards either. But in retrospect, perhaps the cards are telling us that physical death is a new beginning. Two aces are powerful indicators of the start of a new cycle. Perhaps rebirth? The Wand could represent a spark of new life, and the Sword conscious awareness of it. Maybe the tarot doesn't predict physical death because from the soul's point of view, it is simply another transition.

I don't really have any critiques for you. I use a different version of the Celtic Cross, but different strokes....

I skipped the card combinations, mainly because so far my (admittedly limited) experience has been that combinations can mean different things in different spreads, and I don't want to limit myself. But that chapter could certainly be a useful resource for those times when I'm stuck. I'll definitely be buying my own copy to have on hand.

Congrats on "manifesting" this book into existence so the rest of us can learn from your experience. Kudos!

Blessings,
Denise

bladeraven

Elysgirl..thank you for posting that review..making me want that book all the more...*Can you see the amount of drool that I'm manifesting*...UGH...can't wait to get it.....the agony and pain........lol

tarotbear

Dear elysgrl ~

Thank you so much for that glowing review ... now I have to live up to it! LOL!!!

I fought (well, not too hard) to keep that reading in the book; my editor did not like posting readings that 'were already done,' but I wanted Frank's reading in there, one as a tribute to him, and also to support my feeling that the cards do not predict death ... you have to read between the lines, in opposition to those who feel Death is something they 'see' in the cards all the time.

Asia

Thank you!

Dear Tarotbear,

I'm a beginner. I've bought several books, and ultimately, set most of them aside. Now, please, don't get me wrong, they're good books. But.....just too confusing for the novice. I kept thinking, someone out there has written a book laid out in a no-nonsense fashion. This book will give me enough information to unravel the confused mess in my mind, and make me think.

Taaaa-daaaa! I found your book! Thank you so much for writing this! It's has really helped me. I'm getting less confused, and I am starting to pull things together.

Bless you!

Asia