It's All in the Cards: Tarot Reading Made Easy

celticnoodle

Oh! thanks for the news, Tarotbear, I'm going to go out and purchase a few copies to keep on hand. I always gift your book along with cards to anyone I'm starting out on tarot card reading. I purchased your book a few years ago, and absolutely LOVE IT!!! It's so easy to use and I refer to it often. It's my 'tarot bible'. I never leave home without it, when I travel--along with any tarot deck, just in case I have one of those terrible 'tarot reader blackouts' and cannot think of what a card means. My copy is a bit battered and I've written my notes in it as well for the different cards, so it is well used- but it's one that I'll always keep in my library! Very well written & definately my favorite tarot book!

now off to Barnes and Noble in hopes of stocking up! :D

Celcius

I have to say, I carry in my knapsack, my RW, my journal, and All In The Cards. Excellent book for students of Tarot.

MeeWah

For its content, the book makes a wonderful gift for the beginner or the more advanced.

I was so pleased to discover a few relatives so interested in Tarot they acquired decks on their own, I gave them each a copy of the book as birthday gifts. After telling them about Aeclectic Tarot, of course :D

& KUDOS to Tarotbear for the accomplishment of not just one, but THREE printings--!!!

Crescent

I just recieved this book today! I am absolutely thrilled with it.. I just skimmed through it, and found a host of great info. I am so glad I now have it. I look forward to reading it this week...
To Tarotbear..... you did good! helping the Tarot folk and giving them more knowledge.... awesome. Thanks for writing and sharing your knowledge. Sincerely, Crescent

GreenMoonBeam

Too spooky! Found a site in Australia that has Tarot and books at a good
price. This book is one of those I picked to order. Thank you so much for the
thread outlining its great value :love:

Bright Blessings

Asher

It's not a bad book...

Found it in the 50% off bin at a local bookstore. Generally well written and organized. I like grouping the minors together by number, incorporating numerology. I also like the comparison/contrast between the Pages/Knights and the Queens/Kings.

What I dislike is the chapter on Tarot Combinations. It seems as if the author is saying that people _must_ develop these combinations, or they're not really reading Tarot (very pedantic, IMHO). I never use combinations, since 2 cards together rarely mean the same thing twice. Combinations smacks of old-fashioned fortune telling (not necessarily a bad thing).

From my experience, as well as listening to the many readers I have met and worked with over the years, what really brings the meaning of the cards to life is the _context_ of the question or situation. This is alluded to in the book, in all fairness, but I feel it should be discussed more explicitly, especially for beginners.

As always, your mileage may vary.

tarotbear

And finally .... a second book signing!

There was a first one - a long time ago! And I had to organize it myself! I had contacted the local Barnes & Noble and they gave me all this Bullsh*t about budgets and printing, yada-yada-yada, and said they couldn't (or was that 'wouldn't?) do it? I found a sympathetic local bookstore who did do a signing for me a couple of years ago. It was fun!

Then I moved from Connecticut to New Hampshire ...

It seems the large local bookstore in Keene (the Toadstool) likes to spotlight local authors - even has a special section just for their books! I finmally got in contact with them and I am going to have a booksigning on Saturday, September 13th at 2:00 p.m. I made my own flyers up and at the bottom I wrote "Reserve your copy now!" Hopefully it will stimulate the sales market and maybe my publisher will notice!

Wish me luck!

Attachments

• Keene Booksigning flyer.doc
    84 KB · Views: 134

huredriel

Nice to see you back TB, and good luck, I'm sure you will have lots of fun! :)

Skydancer

As always, best of book signing and selling to you TB!! :)

You'll do fine. Keep up the good work! {{H}}

*S*

oh yes; wishing you luck too!! :laugh:

wilson

Does anyone know if it is possible to get this book in the UK? Thank you.