Kind of a Weird Request- Toddler Friendly Decks?

MareSaturni

Maybe you can get the Tarot Nova, by Running Press?

It's small, cute, not scary and has a good plastic lamination that will survive a good deal of toddler-love, lol! :laugh:

Just an idea!

caridwen

( caridwen 2 year olds can talk, they have limited vocabularies and can string together simple sentences)

I don't work with children or have any so I have no idea of their developmental stages so thanks for the clarification:)

This thread has raised alarm bells for me so I'm going to start a thread about it:)

HudsonGray

I agree with the flash cards, they have SO many different kinds available and they're bigger for the kid's hands. Even the Dollar Stores carry them.

Second choice I would make would be a cheap playing card deck which you can also find for a buck at any Dollar Store.

vee

there must be word better than cute, darling!

LOL, hey I'm in my finals week and I'm writing papers and cramming knowledge and my brain is fried, I'm just glad my thoughts are coherent enough to be read, I'm not worrying about word placement in my down time :laugh:

jackdaw*

At two I let my offspring play with my cards under supervision, and got her a pack of playing cards for her own. Which got lost. :laugh:

So when the kitten chewed up one of my Gypsy Witch cards, I gave her the rest of the pack. She likes her cards with the witch on the back, and I occasionally get her to match them up by suit or number for number and pattern recognition (she's 3.5 now). She has her own deck now, a trimmed mini Hanson-Roberts, that she calls her narrow cards. They're hers, but are kept with mine so that she doesn't lose them all.

Child-friendly decks? I've found she has had luck with Lenormands, because they're small and few so she can handle the deck easily. And the simple pictures are good for her too. Other than that, brightly-coloured and sturdily laminated decks work well.

And cheap ;)

Laura Borealis

Here is a picture of my Freyja reading for her friend Lula with the Hello Kitty... :)

Freaking adorable! :D :D

vee, Old Maid and other decks for childrens' games are another possibility. Old Maid decks would have colorful, child-friendly art. I remember being fascinated by the pictures on Old Maid cards, when I was very small.... even if not playing the actual game, I loved matching up the pictures.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...oys-and-games&field-keywords=old+maid&x=0&y=0