Kipper Daily Draw

LisaStarlight

I've been doing Lenormand daily draws in an effort to learn the system and I've been using the meanings from Andy Boroveshengra's Lenormand: 36 Cards book.

I wasn't having much luck marrying up the days' events with the cards I got, which made me suspect that the Lenormand is a tool that I can't use.

So, in an effort to work out if it was just me failing at divination in general (as I usually use cards to explore situations) rather than not gelling with Lenormand in particular, I decided to do a Kipper daily draw and see what results I got.

Yesterday's cards in answer to the question What is the most exciting thing that is going to happen today? (Exciting meaning lots of energy, whether positive or otherwise):

24 Theft / 31 Short Illness / 21 Living Room

24 Theft - loss, or theft, including theft of energy. Things cannot go on as they are.

31 Short Illness - card of destiny with the surrounding cards highlighting the areas affected. Also means illness that is not serious or long. Have to take a break as the physical limit has been reached.

21 Living Room - private domain, the place one feels safe and secure; also the inner home, the soul. The surrounding cards indicate whether someone feels at home or not within themselves. This card can also indicate something happening soon if a timeframe has been specifically asked about. (Which is sort of had, being a daily draw.)

So, one thought I had was a get together for coffee with a friend and possibly a theft of energy during that encounter? Or a connection to a family member I haven't really gotten along with in the past and who DOES tend to leave me feeling tired after encounters.

Both these scenarios played out. I was feeling tired during my coffee with the friend, and I had a phone call from the family member later that evening.

Then, during the night, one of my kids had a nightmare and later, after I had my kiddo settled again, the conversation we had had immediately after the nightmare triggered a few issues in me to do with safety and anxiety and the unknown.

So, this daily draw definitely seemed to be in the ballpark of events that happened, whereas with the Lenormand I was not seeing any correlation at all.

If anyone would like to weigh in on the meanings of the cards in the daily draw above, please feel free. It might help me see something else that happened the cards predicted. :)

I'm going to do another Kipper daily draw tomorrow to see how that goes before I draw any conclusions about whether or not Lenormand as a divination tool works for me.

Village Witch

I see a theft or intrusion of your personal space and time, which appears to be exactly what happened.

Obviously Kipper is your niche.

Not all divination methods work for me. Kipper has too many person cards for my taste, but I use it interchangeably with Lenormand in my daily reads in an attempt to master it. I have been satisfied with the readings of both Lenormand and Kipper.

LisaStarlight

I see a theft or intrusion of your personal space and time, which appears to be exactly what happened.

Obviously Kipper is your niche.

Not all divination methods work for me. Kipper has too many person cards for my taste, but I use it interchangeably with Lenormand in my daily reads in an attempt to master it. I have been satisfied with the readings of both Lenormand and Kipper.

Thank you, Village Witch! Yes, intrusion is a good word for the 24 Theft card in this instance. I must remember that one. I'm relying on the LWB for the meanings at the moment. :)

I have to agree with you, I find it easier to work out what the Kipper is saying than I do the Lenormand. I'm not sure why that is. From the bit I've read about their histories, they both started life as parlour card games, just with different symbology.

But for the sake of being thorough, I'll do another Kipper daily draw and see what happens. :)

LisaStarlight

Qu: What is the most significant thing to happen to me tomorrow?

Ans: 25 High Honours / 24 Theft / 21 Living Room

I like the 25 High Honours card! Something is taking a turn for the better - would it perhaps be the intrusion into personal time and space, cards 24 and 21??? (HURRAY if so!)

I notice that cards 24 and 25 are repeats from the last daily draw - and this deck was well-shuffled while I focused on the question. It was only at the last moment, too, that I decided to take the three top cards. Usually I select at random from within the deck. So that is quite significant.

So, there will be an improvement in the situation.

What to look out for, in that case, could be having some time to myself. Perhaps finishing a project I've started but been unable to complete. Perhaps just a feeling of ease.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. :D

ETA: Another meaning could be a recognition of the intrusion into personal time/space. Maybe I'll see something I wasn't aware of before? That would also count as an improvement in any situation. Awareness and acknowledgement is the first step to making things better.

ETA again: It could also mean that I'll gain an insight into whatever is causing me to feel anxious and uneasy (if I link it to the bad dream incident).

Village Witch

Qu: What is the most significant thing to happen to me tomorrow?

Ans: 25 High Honours / 24 Theft / 21 Living Room

I am very much an intuitive reader, as much as I try not to be. :-D My first thought is that someone gives you a compliment along with criticism. Such as... That dress looks nice on you, BUT it's the wrong color, the hem is too short, etc. They steal your thunder. This person is most likely to be someone in your family.

LisaStarlight

I am very much an intuitive reader, as much as I try not to be. :-D My first thought is that someone gives you a compliment along with criticism. Such as... That dress looks nice on you, BUT it's the wrong color, the hem is too short, etc. They steal your thunder. This person is most likely to be someone in your family.

I LOVE that - I can clearly see how you came to that interpretation. This gives me a good insight into how to read several cards in a row.

LisaStarlight

Well, today. Where do I start?

We have time management issues; running oneself ragged issues; an untimely end for a baby chick at a friend's home... all in all an emotional roller-coaster of a day for me and kiddos.

So I see cards 24 and 21 - loss related to home/soul. (Particularly the chick. Lots of tears from all the kiddos - hers and mine.)

I'm not sure about 25 High Honours. The only thing I can think of is that I brought a tarot deck with me so we could do mini readings and gain a bit of insight into things. The two people I read for were pleased with what I had to say when I read the cards - that could be related to high honours?

So maybe it's about recognition as a card reader and also the difficult moments while I was visiting in my friends' home.

I'm definitely thinking Kipper works better for me as a divination tool.

I'll give it one more go. :)

ETA: Just thought of something. There was the mention of me teaching - card 25 High Honours (recognition) - but in my soul (21 Living Room) there is something blocking me from accepting such recognition and the recompense that would go with it (24 Theft).

Wow. The cards are GOOD!

LisaStarlight

Today's cards, in answer to the question: What is the most important thing that's going to happen today?

4 Meetings / 7 Pleasant Letter / 31 Short Illness

(Short illness is coming up so often, that it might actually be an indicator of its most important meaning - destiny)

This suggests a pleasant, happy, positive communication connected to my destiny (meaning my foundations).

I've been thinking of writing to someone whose work resonates with me and perhaps doing some shadow work with her. Maybe the cards are suggesting that today is a good day to make contact, or that someone is going to contact me with regards to that work.

Sounds exciting, anyway! Let's see how it plays out. :)

LisaStarlight

Today's cards, in answer to the question: What is the most important thing that's going to happen today?

4 Meetings / 7 Pleasant Letter / 31 Short Illness

(Short illness is coming up so often, that it might actually be an indicator of its most important meaning - destiny)

This suggests a pleasant, happy, positive communication connected to my destiny (meaning my foundations).

I've been thinking of writing to someone whose work resonates with me and perhaps doing some shadow work with her. Maybe the cards are suggesting that today is a good day to make contact, or that someone is going to contact me with regards to that work.

Sounds exciting, anyway! Let's see how it plays out. :)

Well, I dunno. Didn't receive any communication yesterday - other than some post from The Book Depository - which is ALWAYS very welcome. So maybe that's it.

Meetings also signifies intelligence, according to my LWB, and I have to admit I was impressed with oldest kiddo's animal report (Meetings + Pleasant Letter (document)). Not sure how the Short Illness card fits the bill here, unless it is referring to the fact that we homeschool (my destiny/foundation? The thing that is always uppermost in my mind?)

ETA: Another thing that's occurred to me is that one of the things I received in the post were two books that also relate to my "foundation" in life (sahm/home educator). Perhaps Meeting + Pleasant Letter means books? (Intelligent documents.)

LisaStarlight

OK. So here's the thing.

With the benefit of hindsight, I can work out fairly easily what the Kipper cards might have been pointing to. (I couldn't do it at all with the Lenormand.)

BUT. My advance guesses are not always accurate - case in point, yesterday's daily draw.

SO.

How on earth could I accurately make predictions and start using the Kipper for divination? Is it a case of just practice, practice, practice till I get familiar with the cards' way of talking? Or is it possible that I'm just not cut out for divination?

I might start a thread about this in the Oracles section.