labradorite and vivid dreams?

Justin

Lab lust!

Well, after reading all the way through this thread, it seems like i'm just going to have to go and get my self some labradorite. There is a HUGE gem and mineral fair coming up, but it's not until september . But i don't know if i can wait that long! Anyway, just thought i'd add my two cents worth. Also, i just recently saw labradorite for the first time, and just remembering what it looks like gives me such an amazing sense of calm. Can't wait to get some!

Justin

TygrEyes

I haven't been around for awhile, but checked this thread & it made me remember a dream from a couple weeks ago. A bit of background first though. When I was mowing the lawn I found a shed snake skin in the yard. Since it's delicate, when I brought it in the house I laid it over my labradorite sphere on the table & left it there overnight.

Well, that night I had a dream about three snakes: cornsnake, copperhead & cobra. The cornsnake & copperhead were fighting & the cobra and I were facing off. I almost said toe to toe, but snakes don't have toes, duh! Funny how they all start with co. Oh, the skin was from a garter snake. The next morning I took the skin off my labradorite. Funny, eh?

starsongs

Re: Lab lust!

Justin said:
Well, after reading all the way through this thread, it seems like i'm just going to have to go and get my self some labradorite. There is a HUGE gem and mineral fair coming up, but it's not until september . But i don't know if i can wait that long! Anyway, just thought i'd add my two cents worth. Also, i just recently saw labradorite for the first time, and just remembering what it looks like gives me such an amazing sense of calm. Can't wait to get some!

Justin

Hi Justin!

Are you waiting for the huge Gem fair, or have you gotten the labradorite already? :D I agree with you about the calm...it makes me feel that too!

Haven't been sleeping with any lately, but I've placed pieces with some of my Tarot decks (in combination with a few other stones) and I like the effect its having so far...

Would love to hear your experiences when you get the labradorite

TygrEyes said:
I haven't been around for awhile, but checked this thread & it made me remember a dream from a couple weeks ago. A bit of background first though. When I was mowing the lawn I found a shed snake skin in the yard. Since it's delicate, when I brought it in the house I laid it over my labradorite sphere on the table & left it there overnight.

Well, that night I had a dream about three snakes: cornsnake, copperhead & cobra. The cornsnake & copperhead were fighting & the cobra and I were facing off. I almost said toe to toe, but snakes don't have toes, duh! Funny how they all start with co. Oh, the skin was from a garter snake. The next morning I took the skin off my labradorite. Funny, eh?

Wow, interesting about the snake skin and the dreams, TygrEyes

Yes, all three snake types begin with co..hmmm..the skin from a garter snake...

A few thoughts on the dream...a garter snake is pretty plain looking compared to a cobra and copperhead (am not familiar with cornsnakes though) but just wondering if symbolically the snake skin came alive dimensionally and having many more qualities/colors/patterns/ than the garter snake would alone...kind of like the dull look of laboradite until light captures the luminescent qualities...

Labradorite is also linked with the third eye chakra
maybe thats farfetched :D
still pondering the co..

starsongs

Justin

No labradorite yet.

Starsong,

I haven't gotten the labradorite yet. I don't know if i'm going to wait until the fair or not, but i just haven't had any time to go to any shops this week, i've been working up a storm. Anyway, i will definitely keep everyone updated though. I'm interested to see what will happen because my dreams are already EXTREMELY vivid (my favorite dream was one where i was "swimming" up in space with a ton of humpback whales and the whales were feeding me mini-universes!!!)

Justin

starsongs

Re: No labradorite yet.

Justin said:
Starsong,

I haven't gotten the labradorite yet. I don't know if i'm going to wait until the fair or not, but i just haven't had any time to go to any shops this week, i've been working up a storm. Anyway, i will definitely keep everyone updated though. I'm interested to see what will happen because my dreams are already EXTREMELY vivid (my favorite dream was one where i was "swimming" up in space with a ton of humpback whales and the whales were feeding me mini-universes!!!)

Justin

Justin,

What an incredible dream! :) Your dreams are extremely vivid,. amd it'll be interesting to hear of your experience with labradorite..and see how much more vivid they could be!!

I have dreamt of 'swimming' with and riding on whales in the sky too...but never have had the experience of being fed mini universes!! :D :D

TygrEyes said:
Here's a link to a photo of a cornsnake. :eek:)

http://www.cornutopia.com/Corn Utop...ockpile - CornUtopia/WEB - Codty and the corn

CO - carbon monoxide
Co - Cobalt
CO - Colorado
co - prefix meaning together/jointly

hee-hee

Yikes, TygrEyes! Thats some snake!! LOL Did you write the article and stage the shot in memory of your snake hunting, or know the person that did?

A corn snake does have beautiful patternings..thanks for sharing...hehehe ;)

starsongs

TygrEyes

Re: Re: No labradorite yet.

starsongs said:
Justin,

Yikes, TygrEyes! Thats some snake!! LOL Did you write the article and stage the shot in memory of your snake hunting, or know the person that did?

A corn snake does have beautiful patternings..thanks for sharing...hehehe ;)

starsongs

No, it's not my pic or article. I was just looking for a pic I could link to. I've heard that cornsnakes make a good "first snake" since the don't get too big & I think the biggest thing they eat are mice. What I didn't know is that they're now bred to come in an array of colors and patterns. Here's two more links! :eek:)

http://members.aol.com/guttata319/Hawkherp/morfs.html

This link is to someone's photos of her pet cornsnake. I included it b/c of the pic w/ the cat.

http://www.supertechnogirl.com/pets.htm

Justin

Well i finally did it, i went and got myself some labradorite! I couldn't wait till the gem and mineral show in september. I have been sleeping with it over the last couple of nights and have definitely experienced and increase in the "vividness" of my dreams. Just the other night I had this crazy, epic long Lord of the Rings type dream that went on all night long (even continued through a couple of waking periods) and was VERY vivid. Anyway, just thought i'd share and i think i've found a new favorite stone.

Go Lab Fans!!!

Justin

Sillanza

Even though I've just started seriously investigating using stones/crystals, Labradorite was high on my list for enhancing dreams. I read this whole thread and it sounds like labradorite plus ... red jasper helps you hold onto details? I thought maybe labradorite + black onyx.

Anyway, I'll post any results I get once the labradorite is in my hands -- er -- pillowcase! ;)

Sillanza

Are you ready for this?

I got a big ol' slab of labradorite one week ago. I added it to my bedside table, opened myself to the universe and awaited amazing dreaming experiences. My result: I fall asleep almost immedately (unusual for me) and can't remember a darn thing! I had posted on another thread asking about experiences with mexican onyx -- the colorful banded version of the agate as opposed to black/white -- since I had read elsewhere on the internet that it helps prevent insomnia and induce sleep. I have a brass bed on which are about 20 pieces of baseball-sized mexican onyx. I've never had such restful sleep until the labradorite was brought into the mix. I guess I'll have to work in another stone to help me remember any dreams I might be having!

Meanwhile, my husband has reported bizarre dreams twice in the last week. Go figure!