Lemurian Crystal.. info needed

Briar Rose

I have a Crystal point that has striations on all sides. How do I know if it is a Lemurian Crystal?

Crystalsailor

Horizontal Striations

Hello, I am new but think I can answer your question. Here are a few other things to help you identify a Lemurian. I have several and have been collecting for years.
The stirations are a real clue they are unusall like a "bar code" on one or 2 sides of the crystal. Lemurians are for the most part very clear and not [female energy,] cloudy. Some of the "seed crystals" have a matte finish that looks like they have been sand blasted. The seed crystals also have a red hue from the sand/clay they were found in.
You can go to my web site: <http://www.home.earthlink.net/~tripp50/index2.htm> and get some good examples of the different types of Lemurians.
The clear one's with the striations and none of the rest of the seed qualities and from Brazil are probably from the Diamantina region of Minas Gerais, Brazi. Very beautiful indeed.
Crystal Sailor

Alta

Your website is beyond amazing and very helpful CrystalSailor.

Briar Rose

Thank you CrystalSailor. I appreciate the info. And I know how it feels to have that new feeling. It just means that you are new to AT, not new to metaphysics.

memries

Hi.. I appreciate the information as well. I still do not have one.. don't ask me why but at the last minute I back out for some reason but still looking.
Some I saw felt very rough like they had been cut by an instrument and I was not sure enough that they were natural to buy one. Does that happen ?

morticia monroe

I am wondering if Lemurians are found only in Brazil. I have one that fits the description, yet it is an Arkansas crystal.

Satori

Hi Memries,
I have gotten to know a very knowledgable and sincere couple who do the expo circuit here in my area. They sell crystals of all kinds, and they also sell dichro, and jewelry. They are really special people, and the husband of this dynamic duo gave me a little lesson in checking to see if a crystal face has been tampered with or not.

I was showing Brad my lemurian seed crystal and he noticed that one face of the point had been polished. I was pretty shocked. I had payed pretty good money for it at a store I trusted. And my friend explained that only the one face of the terminal point had been polished, and that probably it had been chipped and so someone took it upon themselves to "fix" it. I don't think that it takes away from the crystal at all. All of the other faces are natural.

What I learned was that if you tip the crystal this way and that in the light you will see little imperfections and marks in the surface of the crystal. Polished crystals won't have that. Look closely at the surface of a crystal that you are pretty sure hasn't been polished. Then look at a polished surface. You'll see the difference.

Also, if the grooves are faked, that is also something you can see pretty immediately on close inspection. And, not many people want to spend the kind of time it would to take to cut the grooves in the crystal. You won't get the right effect anway. My personal opinion on that last bit.

memries

Since I wrote the above post I have accessed your website Cyrstalsailor and I must say I am thrilled with the information you provide. That is exactly what I have been looking for and it is so refreshing to be able to just view all the wonderful specimens you have and have access to and learn about them.

Your crystal water gardens are just beautiful and I know what I am going to do this week ! I do have a few and it would be so nice to have one and so am going to make a small one to cherish.

I do think that what one store was trying to sell me was a Diamantina crystal and I don't believe I have seen a real Lemurian although I might have and may have missed it. I am going to read your site again and then try to find one. I realize now I was not feeling a thing not even that feeling of ..oh my I have to have that one. I was aware of the melted glass that becomes crystal again. I did stained glass decoration for quite some time as well and am aware of what that is as well.

I think the stores in our area just get the supplies in and do not have a clue other than what their suppliers tell them. Thank you for your valuable input to this forum. Memries

memries

Hi Satori, thank you for your information. It will be helpful. One thing I notice is that when the Lemurians are for sale they are under lock and key !
Ok I can take that but the seller does not enjoy you really having a good look at them and that always makes me suspicious. Why ? If I am buying a $100 specimen for sure I am going to check it out pretty thoroughly. Since I have read all about companies growing sapphires and rubies and coloring amethyst and dyeing onyx ... yes I check.

I bought a cute little piece of bubblegum onyx and I feel it is dyed but I know that and still like it a lot. It was not very expensive and so am sure it is not natural.

I just love all the crystals and I am sure a Lemurian will cross my path if it is meant to. I am looking everywhere I go. There is a good store in Niagara on the Lake I have not been to lately so might go there some day soon when it is a bit warmer.

morticia monroe

morticia monroe said:
I am wondering if Lemurians are found only in Brazil. I have one that fits the description, yet it is an Arkansas crystal.

I just visited your website, Joseph. Amazing! I have to first say that I can see that my crystal is obviously not lemurian. Although the lines look the same, the crystal itself is far too clear. Thank you so much for providing all the information. I'm sure I'll be visiting your site again.

Your collection is beautiful, and "Crystal Bill's" is crazy!! Just beautiful!

I have to tell you that the thing that I saw and loved the best are the crystal fountains you fashion for your stone friends. Very, very, very, nice.

Thank you for sharing this with us,
Morticia