Lenormand vs. Tarot

MatPoint

I have at least 6 lenormand decks. My favorite one is the Blue Owl and then Piatnik. The Gypsi Lenormand has too large cards. The others are a little confusing to me. The mystical, wel I just didn't feel attracted to that deck so I do not bought it.

I don't have the French Cartomancy one, but I'l buy it for sure. haha

Mat.

Astraea

My observation is that the Lenormand per se can be read with card titles jotted on scraps of paper, or with the corresponding playing cards; no extra symbols necessary. The Mystical can be read in that way, too, yet it is almost tarot-like in the complexity of its symbolism and this tends to produce elaborations on basic themes that can be quite intriguing and yield a great deal of detail.

Some people do not like the scenic busy-ness of the Mystical, and others respond very positively; for some, it's a good point of entrance to Lenormand studies, and for others it's easier to learn with a more traditional deck and then apply what one knows to the Mystical. It's reasonably priced, so people who end up liking it will be thrilled and those who don't will probably be able to sell or trade it quickly.

Nevermore

I had no idea I'd get so many replies. I really feel welcomed into the world of Lenormand...thanks, guys :)!

Gavriela

MatPoint said:
I have at least 6 lenormand decks. My favorite one is the Blue Owl and then Piatnik. The Gypsi Lenormand has too large cards. The others are a little confusing to me. The mystical, wel I just didn't feel attracted to that deck so I do not bought it.

I don't have the French Cartomancy one, but I'l buy it for sure. haha

Mat.

Mat, they have Dondorf pattern decks at EsoterikShop now. I like them - it's essentially the same as the French Cartomancy, but the printing is better, the cards are smaller, and the Lady and Gentleman can face each other.

I like the pattern of the deck.

What I don't like so much with the French Cartomancy is that the cards are closer to tarot-card size than Lenormand-card size. I guess it depends on how big a space you have for reading :)

SolSionnach

Where can you get the blue owl deck? I've looked around and haven't found it...

Lee

Hi sravana! On the U.S. Amazon site, there is an Amazon Marketplace seller who often has them. I just checked and he has some now. It's at this link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...7508082-3856438?ie=UTF8&qid=1195497347&sr=1-2

It's the one that says in the description, "The green box with the owl motife is back! NO VERSES/JUST PICTURE." He also sells the Red Owl deck (same pictures, but with English verses), that's the one where he writes in the description "ENGLISH VERSES."

-- Lee

SolSionnach

Thanks, Lee, I may well order that one!

:)

GeorgiePorgie

Lee said:
Hi sravana! On the U.S. Amazon site, there is an Amazon Marketplace seller who often has them. I just checked and he has some now. It's at this link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...7508082-3856438?ie=UTF8&qid=1195497347&sr=1-2

It's the one that says in the description, "The green box with the owl motife is back! NO VERSES/JUST PICTURE." He also sells the Red Owl deck (same pictures, but with English verses), that's the one where he writes in the description "ENGLISH VERSES."

-- Lee
Yeah, well, just email the seller first, if possible, to clarify. What I got was the Carta Mundi when I ordered the WHAT I THOUGHT WAS GOING TO BE the Red Owl. According to the seller he has asked Amazon to change the wording of the listing, "several times."

Sheri

My first and only Lenormand deck is the Mystical Lenormand. I can't help but smile when I hold the little cards in my hands and look at the pictures. I love the artwork and the understated astrological symbols - they almost melt away into the border. It's always game for whatever purpose I want to use it for. Freaky accurate on many levels - as deep as you want to go.

It sings to me :D

valeria

6 Haunted Days

valeria said:
My first and only Lenormand deck is the Mystical Lenormand. I can't help but smile when I hold the little cards in my hands and look at the pictures. I love the artwork and the understated astrological symbols - they almost melt away into the border. It's always game for whatever purpose I want to use it for. Freaky accurate on many levels - as deep as you want to go.

It sings to me :D

valeria

Yes, my Mystical is my favourite, it's like a fairytale realm....amazing little works of art. Have you heard anything about the Mystical II coming out next year?