Looking forward to the WILD Kuan Yin Oracle!

MoonGypsy

Okay, Happy Squirrel, your reading is here.

i confess i peeked in, and i must say--Madrigal--:heart: Never have i seen a more
beautiful visual to go along with an equally deep and beautiful reading. :heart:
i could feel my heart chakra vibrating with delight.

The Happy Squirrel

i confess i peeked in, and i must say--Madrigal--:heart: Never have i seen a more
beautiful visual to go along with an equally deep and beautiful reading. :heart:

Isn't it just, MG....? Isn't it just.....

Madrigal

Aw thanks, MoonGypsy.

That's amazing Madrigal. I replied there.
Thanks ever so much......

So glad this resonated for you, Happy Squirrel.

:heart:

Dark Victory '39

That's an astounding reading Madrigal. So beautiful, especially w/ your setting, backdrop. When you say you bristle at some of the dualistic wording, can you give an example from the lwb (only if you have time) w/ an example of that? I love seeing other people's process and reading style, and i often have to deal w/ hiccups in the text(s) that don't feel right to me.

Madrigal

That's an astounding reading Madrigal. So beautiful, especially w/ your setting, backdrop. When you say you bristle at some of the dualistic wording, can you give an example from the lwb (only if you have time) w/ an example of that? I love seeing other people's process and reading style, and i often have to deal w/ hiccups in the text(s) that don't feel right to me.

Thanks, DV '39. My day is full but I'll pop back later at some point and share an example or two. I think it's a given that LWBs are paraphrased to fit the reader/sitter. Some, though, are better than others. This one is not bad but there are still, as you say, hiccups.

Dark Victory '39

No worries. Rather, would you say as a whole the lwb provides good insight for someone who doesn't know a lot about Mary? Im thinking about putting it on my list (and after your reading for squirrel, i bet a lot of us now are feeling rather enabled...[sheepish smile]); even though i'm a v. creative reader when it comes to tarot, i know i'd be reliant on a book for this type of oracle.

Madrigal

No worries. Rather, would you say as a whole the lwb provides good insight for someone who doesn't know a lot about Mary? Im thinking about putting it on my list (and after your reading for squirrel, i bet a lot of us now are feeling rather enabled...[sheepish smile]); even though i'm a v. creative reader when it comes to tarot, i know i'd be reliant on a book for this type of oracle.

Well, do any of us really know a whole lot about Mary? Necessary prior knowledge would be a serious detraction for a deck where Mary is concerned IMO. I don't think meditations or prayers on Mary ask for our knowledge so much as they ask for our presence. For me the LWB falls short when it descends into the idea that Mary is somehow outside of us, a separate body. Thankfully that's got nothing to do with Mary, and her power and presence both supercede and at the same time hold space for any narrowness of vision held by the author, or the reader. That said I find the visualizations to be very useful in that they feel like a jumping off point rather than the completion they're presented as. Plus the artwork is gorgeous and we see Mary in so many different lights. Which I really like.

It's a very forgiving deck in the sense that there is a lot of room at the table for all kinds of seekers. I feel a strong attunement to Mary but it's not traditional and spans lineages and this deck allows room for that. The language is a bit 'churchy' at times and if you've been burned by that tradition it might be a barrier to working with it.

I'm realizing that this is actually a thread about the Wild Quan Yin Oracle. I wonder if a separate thread should be started for the Mother Mary Oracle.

Dark Victory '39

Well, do any of us really know a whole lot about Mary? Necessary prior knowledge would be a serious detraction for a deck where Mary is concerned IMO. I don't think meditations or prayers on Mary ask for our knowledge so much as they ask for our presence. For me the LWB falls short when it descends into the idea that Mary is somehow outside of us, a separate body. Thankfully that's got nothing to do with Mary, and her power and presence both supercede and at the same time hold space for any narrowness of vision held by the author, or the reader.

Very interesting. Thank you for stating in this way: 'the lwb falls short when it descends into the idea that Mary is somehow outside of us, a separate body.' I just realized too that Fairchild wrote the mother mary lwb. Maybe that's our connecting thread as to why we're still talking about both decks. lol. Even though i've now read it in several sources i keep forgetting that kuan yin is a mary figure (and presumably vice versa). I'm actually running into weird obstacles w/ the levine book I checked out on kuan yin; i feel his authorial presence too much in the retelling of kuan yin's history, or i just dont like his voice. Shdn't prevent me from getting the history i'm after, and i'm kind of surprised i'm taking as much issue w/ it as i am, especially seeing as i read some of Levine's death and dying essays in a psychology class in grad school.

The Happy Squirrel

Well, do any of us really know a whole lot about Mary? Necessary prior knowledge would be a serious detraction for a deck where Mary is concerned IMO. I don't think meditations or prayers on Mary ask for our knowledge so much as they ask for our presence. For me the LWB falls short when it descends into the idea that Mary is somehow outside of us, a separate body. Thankfully that's got nothing to do with Mary, and her power and presence both supercede and at the same time hold space for any narrowness of vision held by the author, or the reader. That said I find the visualizations to be very useful in that they feel like a jumping off point rather than the completion they're presented as. Plus the artwork is gorgeous and we see Mary in so many different lights. Which I really like.

It's a very forgiving deck in the sense that there is a lot of room at the table for all kinds of seekers. I feel a strong attunement to Mary but it's not traditional and spans lineages and this deck allows room for that. The language is a bit 'churchy' at times and if you've been burned by that tradition it might be a barrier to working with it.

I'm realizing that this is actually a thread about the Wild Quan Yin Oracle. I wonder if a separate thread should be started for the Mother Mary Oracle.

I love a separate thread for us to focus on mother Mary deck. As someone who grew up in the tradition of the older church in the East I learned to see her in the same light as other more traditional / native goddesses, a personification of the Divine. The Yin to a lot of traditional beliefs' Yang. A much needed maternal hug next to a more authoritative and a slightly too grand for a cuddle, albeit loving, paternalistic God head.