Looking forward to the WILD Kuan Yin Oracle!

The Happy Squirrel

It's actually the name of one of the cards in the WKY oracle. Here you go...

Wild_Kuan_Yin_Oracle_card_sample_4_zpskb7yuc6k.png

Oh hehehe I thought it sounds familiar! I haven't drawn that card yet so far :)

Madrigal

Oh hehehe I thought it sounds familiar! I haven't drawn that card yet so far :)

I didn't realize you had the deck, Happy, my confusion was conflated with your not owning the MM oracle. What direction does the LWB go in with this card?

The Happy Squirrel

I didn't realize you had the deck, Happy, my confusion was conflated with your not owning the MM oracle. What direction does the LWB go in with this card?

I had my move very soon after I received this deck so have only managed to flip through the book and did several draws :) Almost immediately I decided that for now I only find the key phrases in the book to be productive for where I am at right now. The rest are too inconsistent with my own inner standing at the moment. Although DV39's sharing of some of her own experience of the more complete words in the book helps me appreciate what it can do.

Madrigal

I had my move very soon after I received this deck so have only managed to flip through the book and did several draws :) Almost immediately I decided that for now I only find the key phrases in the book to be productive for where I am at right now. The rest are too inconsistent with my own inner standing at the moment. Although DV39's sharing of some of her own experience of the more complete words in the book helps me appreciate what it can do.

Thanks, Happy Squirrel. This is often my experience but I may just have to purchase this deck to find out first hand.

The Happy Squirrel

Thanks, Happy Squirrel. This is often my experience but I may just have to purchase this deck to find out first hand.

I think so. From the very beginning I have my reservation about this deck, first with the name of the deck in relation to the pre-existing painting used, and then after purchase, the book. But I did mention that I may not be the typical 'oracle' user. I bought the deck mainly for the art work and even then, I found the printing quality lacking. But then I saw DV39's testimony of how the deck worked for her. It re-emphasised the fact that these things are so personal. Or, sensitive to phases or timing in our lives. It may just arrived at the wrong time in my life. Or it may just not be the right deck for me no matter when it arrives. However I am sure it will give you the richness which might have failed to reveal itself to me :)

The Happy Squirrel

I have created a thread for Mother Mary in the Spirituality section :)

The Happy Squirrel

I have created a thread for Mother Mary in the Spirituality section :)

Madrigal

Thanks, Happy Squirrel. Thread here for those interested.

Dark Victory '39

I'm going to get back to this thread. I havn't been on the forum in a few days. I'm still v. interested in what everyone has to say, but want to take the time to read all that has gone on in this thread and catch up, proper-like. Something less cerebral like a quick shag, and more like i'm here in the present, saturating and responding in the present. Probably now have grossed everyone out. But i'll be back.

Dark Victory '39

DV, would you be willing to share a little about what the guidebook says about Blue Mother, Yellow Mountain, Gibbous Moon? It's such an evocative title and the image is so spacious but I have the expectation that I'll be let down by the language.

Fairchild says abt this card: "I travel upon the path of grace over sacred earth. The echo of ancient prayers sound forth from the holy yellow mountain. The moon shall soon be full, filling the darkness with light. Victory shall soon be upon you and the hope that i ignite in your heart. [...] she goes on to talk about it as a card of success "but different from how the ego would define success, which is usually based on getting what you want when you want it" rather than wondering if it would actually be "of benefit to all levels of your being. success of the soul brings the feeling of being truly fed." The woman gives on average six pages for each card but its only the opening paragraph that has that poetic feel.

Sometimes i've found the writing very clear and pertinent to my questions. When i mentioned in an earlier post that if i had gotten a particular card several years ago when i had invested a huge amount of emotional energy into a long term situation that felt deadend but i had sunk so much time and energy and investment physical and otherwise, and I wanted to persevere for something to come to fruition. i think the card really would have made a difference mostly because of how it's worded. That card: The slave dances into freedom, opens w/ the following paragraph:

"I overcome restraint, imprisonment and conflict w/ a greater power, that of love. you have been on a path that no longer serves yr highest good. Whether you believe you have chosen that path or it seems to have taken on a life of its own through habit and momentum, the time has come for you to be free of it. I shall free you from the influence of even the most persistent struggle or devastating conditions with one simple gesture. Do not be attached to the war you have endured, my beloved wild warrior. It is over by my grace. You are enslaved no longer. It is your time to step forwards. You are granted a free pass by the hand of grace and a new reality of freedom is yours. Feel no guilt or fear over this. no longer are you required to go into battle.

More often though, there seems something v. pertinent to the wording of how i ask a question and the oracle's answer. I'll give a good example in the next post so this doesn't get too windy.