Marseille deck with English titles

Soothsayer

Apart from the Tarot de Marseille Convos, does anyone know of a Marseille deck that has English card titles? Thank you.

The 78th Fool

B P Grimaud do a version of their deck with French and English titles on it. It comes in a red box while the version with French titles only comes in a blue box.

US Games's Tarot Classic also comes with English titles although some would say it isn't strictly a Marseilles deck. Both Lo Scarabeo's Tarot de Marseilles and their Universal Tarot de Marseilles have multilingual titles including english ones.

US Games used to publish a wonderful TDM based on the Jean Dodal model. This had english titles but sadly, it's now out of print.

Chris. xx

Soothsayer

Thank you, guys. I think I will go with the Convos after all.

Le Fanu

I don't know if it is exclusively English titles you want, but the Universal Marseilles by Scarabeo with excellent accompanying book by Lee Bursten is a good investment for understanding the Marseilles. It has English titles but not only English titles.

teomat

The Spanish tarot has English and Spanish titles on the majors, but the courts are in Spanish only. A very weird, but very interesting deck.

I also second the Angel Tarot. It doesn't follow the TdM patterns for the pip cards and it uses RWS titles (pentacles, hierophant etc), but it's a lovely deck with warm, 'clean' artwork (not messy like the usual TdMs). But it doesn't seem widely available these days, so I wonder if it's going OOP...

The Convos is OK, but the fat perspective (and boring back design) started to grate on me after a while and I've haven't used it for years.

Soothsayer

Le Fanu said:
I don't know if it is exclusively English titles you want, but the Universal Marseilles by Scarabeo with excellent accompanying book by Lee Bursten is a good investment for understanding the Marseilles. It has English titles but not only English titles.

I would prefer exclusive English titles as I am not a fan of LS's multilingual card titles. I find it distracting.

I've ordered the Convos deck now. Looking forward to seeing it, although I agree that the back design looks a bit boring.

Major Tom

Soothsayer said:
Apart from the Tarot de Marseille Convos, does anyone know of a Marseille deck that has English card titles? Thank you.

There's this one. ;)

Bernice

OMG!!! Sorry Major Tom. That deck is clear, clean, crisp, without any distracting twiddly-bits - just the image and the English title.

Forgive us....

Bee :)

Soothsayer

I received the Convos deck today. I like it, but there are a couple of things that are a bit annoying; The Lovers card says "The Lover" instead of Lovers and the back design is totally uninspiring. It is gray and boring. Apart from that, it's a nice deck and I like the colours. The card stock is of adequate quality.