Marseilles Seekers Thread (Third Exercise)

Hooked on TdM

I just wanted to come and jump up and down for joy! I've been doing a card by card study. I write down the description of what I see and then things it could mean, positive, negative, neutral, whatever. Well I am done all the majors and the court cards but have been procrastinating on the pips. So I sat down and did Ace to 5 of deniers tonight (coins.) I got some amazing stuff off of them! For example I could see adoption or childbirth or a foster child arriving in the 3. Corporate mergers in the 5. Or liquidation of assets due to divorce or some other thing in the 5. A custody battle in the 5. Deliberations in the 4. etc. It was very exciting! I'm actually looking forward to going through the rest of them instead of dreading it! :)

Hooked

Phine

Thank you very much, EE, for inviting me to post my list too :) .

This exercise gave me a lot to think about...
Every time I imagined a card and had an association connected to a special domain, and the following cards were influenced by that. For example: The Ace of coins seemed to represent a drain one day, every following card was associated to the realm of household... :-/

So I decided to look at the cards answering a certain question. I did it a first time in chronological order of the suits - a second one after shuffling the deck has to be done later on. I wrote down whatever came to my mind.

My question to be answered:

„What am I to find in the card?“

Coins:

Ace - my centre; the heart of something; the crux of the matter
2 - the antithesis; the other extreme
3 - the linking element; combination element; the centerpiece; the mediator
4 - protection; being kept together; a castle; a dungeon; density
5 - liberation; being laid off; being held tenderly; inividualist; concealment
6 - amplification; consciousness
7 - secession; separation; to offer resistance
8 - synthesis of the arts; machinery; every thing at its place; one for all - all for one
9 - fruit of teamwork; reaching of a goal; creating a new center; a new project
10 - denouement; cleavage; duplication; increase

Wands:

Ace - manifestation; to increase influence; claim to power
2 - crossing; inaction; barrage; St. Andrew´s cross
3 - the happy medium; awaiting; attempt to break through
4 - integration; tremendous effort of repelling; second denial
5 - headiness; dourness; strength of will; troublemaker
6 - solid; netting - without loophole; solid union; elastic
7 - daredevil; single-minded headiness; egoism; disregarding a „no“
8 - texture; confirmed alliance
9 - last attempt to break through
10 - impenetrability even by brutal force; unshakable „no“

Swords:

Ace - cutting-tool; sharpness; ability to differentiate and to cut off
2 - guarded space; frame
3 - invader who might use violence
4 - armament; extended shield
5 - bulling
6 - fortress; security force
7 - aggression; wound
8 - safe; strong room; the adytum which is closely guarded
9 - destruction
10 - capitualtion; giving up

Now that I´ve done this and reread my list I´m almost disappointed because it looks like the boring keywords I just wanted to get rid off...
But they are mine this time :D - I took a very close look to the cards and found so many details!!!

The next list will be done by random - let´s give it a try! I´m curious how my associations will differ by changing the context.

I really love these exercises you give to us :heart: !
It´s like reading the tarot with my "inner eyes" - can´t explain it any better...

With love,
Phine

EnriqueEnriquez

Hooked on TdM said:
I just wanted to come and jump up and down for joy! I've been doing a card by card study. I write down the description of what I see and then things it could mean, positive, negative, neutral, whatever. Well I am done all the majors and the court cards but have been procrastinating on the pips. So I sat down and did Ace to 5 of deniers tonight (coins.) I got some amazing stuff off of them! For example I could see adoption or childbirth or a foster child arriving in the 3. Corporate mergers in the 5. Or liquidation of assets due to divorce or some other thing in the 5. A custody battle in the 5. Deliberations in the 4. etc. It was very exciting! I'm actually looking forward to going through the rest of them instead of dreading it! :)

Hooked

I want to jump with joy too Hooked! What you are seeing is exactly what we are talking about.

Phine said:
I took a very close look to the cards and found so many details!!!

Phine, this is great. It is all about training. Each question you pose on the cards should elicit a different set of analogies. But once you are aware of all the things that there are there to be seen, the process takes off almost in an automatic way. You won’t be able to not see!

Very good!

EE

Hooked on TdM

Be prepared to do backflips EE!! :)

I did a reading this evening for a friend of a friend. He came over and we determined what he was looking for, so I did my Inifinity: life lessons spread for him, with no questions. He got 4 pips! And boy did they talk. The told me about an issue involving four people with the same goal was going on, that he was preventing himself from opening the door to this issue, that all his strengths were inside if only he would stop blocking himself, that he is shy and gives off the energy to keep others away and that he is preventing himself from reasonable action from reasonable thought.. and on and on. And it was so fluid! Each card just flowed into each other and gave one long story. It was SO COOL!

EE, I could just kiss you for opening up this door for me! XXXX

Hooked :)

Hooked on TdM

Okay I'm only doing one suit a night just to save on my wrists, so I'll post each one, each night.

I did Deniers (Coins) on the Question: Where is this person's freedom?

(It turns out what started out as gardening is really about an investment in stocks or bonds or something. Who this is pertaining to is beyond me!)

1. Planting a seed with slow growing roots. (Make initial investment with slow growth.)
2. Balance it so it grows equally. (Make equal investments into it.)
3. Replant a seed from the first two plants. ( Make another investment off of the interest of the first one.)
4. Organize the plants to they have room to grow. (Change what stocks or bonds you are using.)
5. Combine all four to make a fifth. (Combine all investments and sink it into a high paying interest account.)
6. Divide the fifth into two plants and save the remaining. (Take the interest and reinvest in two stocks or bonds. Leave the principle to keep collecting.)
7. Collect the seeds from the saving and continue growing other two. (Collect the interest out of savings and divide back into the other two stocks or bonds.)
8. The two plants continue to grow. (Leave everything alone to let it accrue.)
9. Take out first seeds save and invest in the other two plants. (Take out savings money and sink it into your two stocks or bonds.)
10. Both plants have fully bloomed, pluck and enjoy! (Take your money and spend it on your lifelong dreams!)

LMAO.. I know crap about stocks or bonds so this was very interesting! LOL

Hooked

EnriqueEnriquez

Hooked on TdM said:
Be prepared to do backflips EE!! :)

I did a reading this evening for a friend of a friend. He came over and we determined what he was looking for, so I did my Inifinity: life lessons spread for him, with no questions. He got 4 pips! And boy did they talk. The told me about an issue involving four people with the same goal was going on, that he was preventing himself from opening the door to this issue, that all his strengths were inside if only he would stop blocking himself, that he is shy and gives off the energy to keep others away and that he is preventing himself from reasonable action from reasonable thought.. and on and on. And it was so fluid! Each card just flowed into each other and gave one long story. It was SO COOL!

EE, I could just kiss you for opening up this door for me! XXXX

Hooked :)

Hooked, this makes me so happy indeed! I believe all divination methods can render equally powerful results. But the freedom of actally been able to SEE things by ourselves is so empowering, so magical. It have us been 100% present in the moment of divination. The anticipation of not knowing what is what you are going to find each time is what keeps the attention at full swing. It makes our work as challenig as rewarding.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

EE

P.S: You don't have to post all your lists here if that will put additional stress on your wrists. Doing the exercises, for your own ejoyment, will suffice.

Hooked on TdM

Thanks EE. It is very exciting to have everything just snap into place.

I'm good to post an exercise a night. It's more of a frustration thing to me. I'm used to typing about 100 wpm and with the braces on I'm probably around 30 wpm.

Hooked

Hooked on TdM

Epee (Swords) Question: What problem is this person experiencing?

1. Sharp thrust upwards to pry an opening open.
2. Small opening but filled with cobwebs.
3. Cut way through the cobwebs, but find plants in the way.
4. Step into tunnel and get distracted by the beautiful plants.
5. Double your resolve and make room to continue on.
6. Enter narrow tunnel but get way laid by new plants.
7. Move them aside and continue on.
8. Enter a narrow chamber and see a guiding light.
9. Break sword as descent continues.
10. Find door to destination but the way is barred.

(Translation, some one who has missed the point that the journey itself is more important than the destination!)

Hooked

Satori

Hooked on TdM said:
Epee (Swords) Question: What problem is this person experiencing?

1. Sharp thrust upwards to pry an opening open.
2. Small opening but filled with cobwebs.
3. Cut way through the cobwebs, but find plants in the way.
4. Step into tunnel and get distracted by the beautiful plants.
5. Double your resolve and make room to continue on.
6. Enter narrow tunnel but get way laid by new plants.
7. Move them aside and continue on.
8. Enter a narrow chamber and see a guiding light.
9. Break sword as descent continues.
10. Find door to destination but the way is barred.

(Translation, some one who has missed the point that the journey itself is more important than the destination!)

Hooked

I like the way you did this. I had a chuckle on a few of them....all the getting waylaid by plants! You crack me up. What is so interesting about how you did this is that you mapped the progression of the suit, you told the story of the progression. And I don't know if you meant it this way, but I felt like I was an insect, or something other than human (eek) as I was reading your progression.

Fascinating post.

Hooked on TdM

Hehe.. never thought of some sort of bug but it certainly fits! Thanks :)

Hooked