Mirror image for card backs?

danieljuk

I do like the concept! But this reminds me a little bit of the deck which shows the other side of every RWS picture, I can't remember that deck name currently! :bugeyed: I have thought about buying that deck and some of the ideas about what is happening outside of the perspective we can see are great but some of them don't work. I decided in the end to not buy that deck because I like to think about that myself, make up my own ideas of what is going on! I see the same problem in this idea. It's a clever idea and concept but I like to think myself about the different perspectives and make my own story!

Also if you do read the cards are upside down reversals, it's going to be very tricky to shuffle! I say all that but I sort of really like this idea! :)

Tanga

I :heart: it!
(I'll have to have a copy. Lol).
I wasn't aware The Secret Forest had such backs - but I've just looked and don't really like the art work.
So probably why I didn't remember.

How distracting it would be - would depend I think, on the day and mood for me.
Sometimes it might be distracting and sometimes exciting (as Rodney says).
So I'd just make a decision on it's use, according to information from my "inner workings", if you see what I mean.

Thanks for pointing this one out. :)

*The deck daliejuk is referring to is The Tarot of the New Vision:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-of-the-new-vision/

danieljuk

thanks Tanga, the name totally slipped from my mind :D

that is the deck with a similar idea on their fronts, but this new deck idea is about the mirror on the backs obviously :)

GotH

LOVE THIS IDEA!

I have and read with the Transparent Tarot so it would kind of be the same in a way. I don't really look at the cards until I LOOK at the cards and as far as using reversals with these cards? I'm always up for a challenge.

rwcarter

For those who use reversals, there are four possible orientations for a particular card:

• Upright Front
  • Upright Back
  • Reversed Front
  • Reversed Back
For those who don't use reversals, only the first two orientations are possible.

(Just because an orientation is possible, of course, doesn't mean that it will be used.)

Penthasilia

Well now I am just excited about the whole dang thing and patience is not a virtue for me- more of a torture.

:laugh:

SarahJoy

LOVE this concept! This would be a must-have deck for me.

rylla

Exciting concept! I especially like that the back of the cards aren't just a copy of the front, there is a change in meaning. Very clever! I'd shuffle as I shuffle any other deck. I don't see any problem there.