Ms Kill the Messenger returns...

magpie9

lark said:
taping would be great if you could stand going through another reading with her...
hearing herself might pull her up short...but then again she might just think she has superb questioning abilities. :D
...You forgot "outstanding"...she's had a lot of years to fine-tune them!
purple_scorp said:
yeah, that was one of the other reasons why I suggested taping the reading. I wonder if she is aware of what she is really like????

I don't think she has any idea of how she comes across to others--she sees herself as "enthusiastic"
Lyric said:
But the taping of the reading sounded like a great idea to me-----but not for the reason it might seem like. It sounded so great to me because then she'd hear and/or (if videotaped) see herself and her part in the readings and that might just be the best medicine for her right there.

It might be, but I'm going with the vet at the zoo, who insists on knocking the tiger out before reaching down his throat. :eek:

Methinks you guys are on a roll! But I don't know--she would probably see her self as having "superb questioning abilities", as Lark put it.
I will keep you all posted, as the Drama continues to unfold....*Yukky smiley face*

Demon Goddess

magpie9 said:
It might be, but I'm going with the vet at the zoo, who insists on knocking the tiger out before reaching down his throat. :eek:

Yes, yes, general anaesthetic is recommended! lol

magpie9

It's Update Time !!

So she said she'd like me to read a few cards for her about a job choice decision she had to make.
And I said I thought it was time for her to learn to read for herself.
And she said that she didn't have time to do that.
And I said nothing.

A couple of days later she mentioned that she had pulled a card on making that decision.
I asked what it was.
She said it was the Queen of Swords,
so I said that it looked like she was going to make the decision mainly logically.
She said she usually does.

And that was that.
Thank you, All. That was so much easier than I had imagined it could be. :)

goddessof1967

magpie9 said:
And I said nothing.
Well done! That can be the hardest thing to do sometimes but so empowering and assertive.

Goddess x

fairyhedgehog

magpie9 said:
So she said she'd like me to read a few cards for her about a job choice decision she had to make.
And I said I thought it was time for her to learn to read for herself.
And she said that she didn't have time to do that.
And I said nothing.

Way to go, magpie! It sounds so simple the way you've written it but I'm just wondering if I would have been able to be that assertive. It sounds like it worked out really well.

lark

I'm glad it turned out so well Magpie. :)
Hopefully she'll continue to pull her own cards.
Even for a newbie the essence of just a card or two can give you a good idea of your outcome and what direction you might take.
As little Miss Queen of Swords helped show her.

Satori

Perhaps that Queen of Swords was one of Mag's guides trying to tell her...

"Stop Poking Mag With Your Sword!!!"

Great thread.

magpie9

goddess, fairyhedgehog, lark, elf~ you guys are so great! Thank you! With your backing, who knows what I'll be able to do next!