*Need quick reply*..using clarification cards

Atcandela

I've a reading I did 1.5 mos ago for a friend who I'll be giving the interpretation from it today. delay was of various reasons on both of our
sides.

I wanted to know if there is a quick clarification reading i can do to update
what I had in his reading?
And if so, when do the clarifying reading if I should leave out the cards I got in the full reading or add all the cards and see what I get.

This reading is regarding a new business venture, and it sounds like some
things have happened outside of his life that could affect the full reading?

appreciate thoughts ASAP I meet with him... 4pm PST! :)

sorry for the rushed posting! ~A~

Moonbow

I personally wouldn't do a clarification reading, all you need to know should be in the first spread and to pull other cards would be testing Tarot and also doubting yourself and your instinctual thoughts.

If you want more information, go back to the cards you have already spread out and look at them again, perhaps something else will come to you or you will see a link between the cards which wasn't apparent at first.

Edited, didn't know mos meant months or my answer would have been completely different.

Aulruna

Hi ~A~,

hm, this is a curious case... "the reading that was never shared" ...

While I'd ususally agree with Moonbow, it might be a little different here depending on what was in your original spread. I think that the overall picture - should one embark on this venture, what are the pros and cons - should still be valid after 6 weeks, since a new business is not really a spontaneous thing. But if you had issues in the reading that are definitely outdated (like what the perfect location would look like, when it has been decided in the meantime) it might make sense to update.

I would probably comment on the "outdated" parts as the spread originally showed them, as a kind of validation, and the pull new cards for only those positions, to integrate with what you already have.

The only thing I would do regarding a whole new spread, pull a single card asking "is there anything new my firend needs to know/to take care of?" - but only if you feel that is absolutely necessary.

Morwenna

Atcandela

Do you feel that clarification cards are best used only at the time
of the reading..and not to be used at any later time afterwards?

I guess what I ask myself is if I should considered a time frame (if any)
for readings where I don't have the querent there and there's a delay
in getting the interpretation to the person.

Aulruna

In my opinion, this very much depends on the topic of the reading. If it's the New Year's reaing... no need to adapt anything later! If it's a big karmic topic ... same thing. If it's something rather short-lived, I'd probably offer the querent a whole new reading.

In your case, I see nothing wrong with incorporating possible new developments. 6 weeks to me seems a sufficient time frame for this (again, depending on your original spread and into how much detail it went).

During a reading, I personally never used clarification cards. When I know there are some "big" positions/issues in the spread, I design the spread to have more than one card for it up front.

Atcandela

I will post a follow up on how the reading went. :)
It was somewhat detailed
When looking at the reading yesterday and finalizing my notes
I felt content with it. Especially with the outcome being the 8 of
Wands. My friend is going to be a busy person!

I just wasn't sure if I should follow up with a clarification card(s).
I will let my instincts guide me on this when I see him this afternoon.

Thank you Morwenna and Moonbow! :)

I am still open to everyone's thoughts on this.

Umbrae

IMO with a month and a half since the throw - I'd forget it and do a whole new layout. It's like old food left out...

Grizabella

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking you should do a whole new spread. That would certainly be what I'd do. :) Never mind the old one---just do a new one.

SunChariot

Umbrae said:
IMO with a month and a half since the throw - I'd forget it and do a whole new layout. It's like old food left out...

I agree. While it is not good to do too many readings on the same topic too close together, a month and a half is quite a long time. A lot can change in a whole month and a half. And as you don't know if it did or not, I would ignore the first reading and start fresh.

Babs

Atcandela

interesting reading response...

well.. the interpretation was insightful, though not much of a surprise
to us both.
Here's the scenario I walked into when I met him. Very tense, couldn't
stop pacing as he spoke to me about his move and possible new nightclub
location. I'm very empathetic towards people, and what the cards gave
me in the original reading were still holding firmly at this time.

He had quite a few wands (indicating ALOT of energy/movement) in the
reading. With 3 reversals. He's demeanor while I was interpretating the
reading was sullen and unhappiness.

I wish I could post my layout in this thread, but as I would be addressing
the entire reading don't know if this would be allowed here.

Something was telling me while doing the interpretation that no
clarifacation card(s) would be necessary. As we saw with the reversals
that he really needs to do a "personal inventory" of what is of importance
to "himself"..happiness, well-being??
With any new business venture one's own soul get most affected and
at times quite weakened.

I've known my friend for about 2 yrs. and "feel" what kind of person
he is. As I had previously mentioned this reading was insightful and
depicted things that we both knew already... the cards just further
supported the fact! ;)

The question I stated was left in a general realm " Will he be successful
as a nigthclub owner?" And my layout showed that he would but had to
really take a reality check to his personal situation to REALLY achieve the
ultimate level of success.. personally and financially!

Should I post the layout here?? ~A

SunChariot]I agree. While it is not good to do too many readings on the same topic too close together, a month and a half is quite a long time. A lot can change in a whole month and a half. And as you don't know if it did or not, I would ignore the first reading and start fresh.