Not so great reading experience...

Tarotphelia

I think that some of these type of readers actually believe in what they are doing . They think that's all there is to it . Same thing with some people who claim to be psychic or talking to spirits . They might be psychic as a rock and/or come up with all sorts of wrong information , but they really believe in what they're doing . One of the problems is that sometimes people can give readings that are so general or are based on vague spiritual principles , and they can skate by without ever being confronted and sometimes can fool a lot of the unsuspecting .They get to feel special and enjoy the attention they get out of it and never question themselves .

BodhiSeed

Papageno said:
LOL honestly HC you probably should've done a reading for HER and shown her how it's done :thumbsup:

Or perhaps a "New Career" reading? :D

Bodhran

Pagan X

Don't be at all embarrassed. You are doing the shop owners a favor. You felt ripped off, and you won't be the only customer who feels that way; 8 out of 9 people would just walk out the door and never come back.

I own a restaurant. I am grateful for customers who let me know when food and service is not up to their expectations.

The quality of readings available in a shop reflects upon the shop. It sounds like they need to come up with some way to audition readers and do some quality control.

willowfox

If the reader is rubbish, then I would complain to the management immediately and certainly demand my money back. By not complaining, you only encourage these people to carry on ripping people off with their lousy readings. When I pay for something, I expect and demand value for money and customer satisfaction, why not, money doesn't grow on trees.

MoonLitCrystal

sweet_intuition said:
Wow, that seriously is a bad reading. I think it beats the time one "gypsy psychic" was describing the kind of "woman" I'll marry. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I'm the biggest faerie this side of town.
Hehe, this made me LOL. It's like the time this "psychic" thought my dad was my husband. Nevermind the fact that he looks his age while I look much younger than my age, and that any normal person who was paying attention could tell by our behavioral clues that our relationship was father/daughter! ;)

MoonLitCrystal

Whenever I get bad service at a restaurant, a store, etc, I like to let management know about the problem. It's not because I want the person to get fired, but because I don't want the issue happening again (to me or to others). Like Pagan X said, most people will just walk out and never come back, and that doesn't solve anything. It doesn't make the person aware of what they are doing wrong, and it doesn't let the management know why they are losing customers.

Emily

Maybe next time you go in the shop and you see this reader's name, be honest and just say that you had a reading with her and she really wasn't very good, maybe she was having an off day but if she did that kind of reading with customers who didn't know the owners then they probably wouldn't be back. It could also cast doubt on the skills of other readers they employ at the shop and might turn potential customers away.

I wonder how she would have tackled a tarot reading? Just as long as she didn't use the Rider Waite with the interpretations written out on the cards. :)

Glass Owl

HearthCricket said:
I don't want to be that cold about it. These people have treated me very nicely and greet me like I am a best friend whenever I walk in the door. They pick out the nicest crystals for me, let me pick things out before they put them up front, order things for me, etc. and tell me to come by just to chat whenever I want
I think that there is a way to state what happened but in a kind way and I think you have done that in this thread. I have the feeling that the owners will not only be grateful for your feedback but that they would appreciate your honesty. Who know how many people have had poor readings from this reader and as a result it has cost the shop business because they just didn't come back.

And the weird thing is, do you realize that you may have gotten one of the better readings from this reader? Or at the very least, she thinks she gave you a good reading?

I say this because, given your relationship with the shop and its owners, the reader (I would think) would want to give you her best--if she want to build a client list and keep her job there. She must see you in the shop often and know that you are very friendly terms with the owners and that you may share your thoughts on how your reading with her went. Plus, she knows that you are frequently customer and therefore it follows that if you really liked her reading you would likely book another. If there is a customer she would like to dazzle, it would be you.

My guess is that her heart really isn't into reading, for whatever the reason(s). Maybe she needs more practice, a different deck, she has personal issues and needs a break, or she just isn't a people person.

greenbeans

Glass Owl said:
She must see you in the shop often and know that you are very friendly terms with the owners and that you may share your thoughts on how your reading with her went. Plus, she knows that you are frequently customer and therefore it follows that if you really liked her reading you would likely book another. If there is a customer she would like to dazzle, it would be you.

Sometimes when we try to impress someone we end up doing the opposite! I know that when I am told someone is an imporant customer, I immediately turn into a stammering clumsy mess. Don't know if that is the reason for this poor reading. Nonetheless, you should still give the store a tactful but truthful description of what occured.

Disa

You could possibly start out by just asking the owners how long she has been reading, and go from there....I thought when I first read your post that maybe she was a new reader but the write up you showed made her seem quite qualified.

There's a place I know about, where they have evaluation sheets that they give to the sitters (querrants) during psychic fairs. (It may just be for brand new readers I'm not sure) Once the new reader is finished, the sitter fills out the evaluation sheet and turns it in to who ever is organizing the event. Maybe that would be something the shop owner is interested in doing in the future.

Let us know how it all turns out.

Disa