Oracle De-enabling

Chronata

Alamaris said:
Kris Waldherr's "Goddess Inspiration Oracle". I've been really drawn to goddess lore lately, and while I'm not fond of her squishing goddesses into tarot archetypes, I thought an oracle might be more appropriate. However, I have heard that there isn't a negative card in the entire 80-card deck, and I don't like the idea of that at all.

De-enable me!

Ah! There you go! In my opinion you just de-enabled yourself brilliantly!

I always think that for an oracle to be really useful...it has to represent all sides...to leave out pain, darkness, challenges...etc...makes it difficult to read with, because it will always give you happy fluffy upbeat positive vibes.

That CAN be a good thing, when you really need that message of hope, but it's not really all that useful for anything else.

I think you would better off making your own ...or just finding beautiful Goddess art that speaks to you, and pairing it with a more in depth book on Goddesses. This one doesn't offer anything but the very basic info anyway.

Cat*

magpie9 said:
You're safe now: Tarot Garden is sold out!! })
I know of another source... :D

Then again, maybe I don't really NEED that deck. Maybe I should indeed make my own...

*almost de-enabled*

cardlady22

KW's Goddess Inspiration

Alamaris said:
Kris Waldherr's "Goddess Inspiration Oracle". . . while I'm not fond of her squishing goddesses into tarot archetypes, I thought an oracle might be more appropriate.

Oh, my! Those HUGE borders appear to be putting the goddess(es) in a box! She(they) can't be happy about that. And although I can't figure out why since I'm a "cool colors" gal, I actually preferred the warm-toned borders of her tarot deck!

Are you any good at deck-trimming? Because this one would definitely have to lose that lower half with the affirmation. And how small would that make them?

emmsma

I Want a Lenormand Deck, or Four

I keep reading about them, and looking at them, but am having a hard time choosing.
I also have a strange aversion to buying One item at a time.

So I want a Mystical Lenormand, Gypsy Lenormand, Lo Scarabeo's Lenormand Oracle....
and I haven't chosen one, but feel I should have a classic deck too. I'd prefer one without writing. Not sure how I feel about the playing card inserts, yet.

So tell me I should focus on my tarot for now, or that I should just start with one (or two).
Which would you start with?

cardlady22

Absolutely, stay with your tarot! The Lenormand decks are addictive, sneaky, quick-breeding li'l gophers. You will be absolutely overwhelmed once you "begin" with them. Then, you'll become a "dealer" helping them spread throughout the human population.

ETA: <removed> . . . see! They're doing it even as we speak!

emmsma

OMG! I am such a newb.

Just found a link that will let me look at the full decks of many decks. :)
I mean :(

But I am spared for now, cause I must get ready for work.

Red owl? Blue owl? Piatnik?

Mystical or Gypsy? But not both! So there is some progress. Maybe?

ooh. Bilder?

emmsma

Well. I guess I failed. The French Cartomancy and the Lenormand Oracle decks are on the way.

But the Gypsy and Mystical Lenormands are still on the list, but I've more than got my hands full for now.

Miss Divine

cardlady22 said:
Absolutely, stay with your tarot! The Lenormand decks are addictive, sneaky, quick-breeding li'l gophers. You will be absolutely overwhelmed once you "begin" with them. Then, you'll become a "dealer" helping them spread throughout the human population.

Yes that's true...but the same can be said about Tarot!:D

magpie9

Miss Divine said:
Yes that's true...but the same can be said about Tarot!:D
Naughty Girl, Tarot is Sacred. Not At All like those Ratty little Lenormands running around Squeaking and having Hysterics.

heron

Noatradamus? Masters of Magic?

Technically too late, since I've done the deed & expect them any time next week, but - the Nostradamus cards look even more appealing (to someone with an interest in cards with a historical graphic feel and a range to get my teeth into), and I also like the promise of having a party with so many major "occult" figures from over the centuries when I open up my Masters of Magic oracle.

Could I be wrong?