Pendulum

Jpoor

Hmm, what am I doing wrong??

I posted this in a seperate thread a couple days ago, but I think it might be escaping notice, so I'll try here.

I have just within the last week or so gotten seriously interested in the pendulum. I have three, one of which I don't care for, while I really like the other two. Last night I tried working with my favorite pendulum (Quarts weight, with a "goldstone" at the other end) to determine the color and suit of cards pulled off the top of a well shuffled deck. It got 8 out of 8 right as far as color goes, and 3 out of 3 wrong as far as suit goes.
I'd start by asking 'is this a red card' and then 'is this card a heart.' Like I said, the color was right every time, but the suit was wrong... Any ideas???

Then, being the impatient one, I decided to try to look into my most recent past life experiences...... The success rate there went WAY down. For example, I was supposedly a civile war soldier that died on 02 April 1902...... Well, anyone who knows history, knows that the dates don't add up. (When I asked "Did someone kill me on purpose?" the answer was yes, then I asked "Did I die as a result of the war?" again the answer was yes. Anyway, I'll try some more later today, but any advice would be great.

Tks
Jim

beithe

The only information I have on pendulum work is D.J. Conway's Little Book of Pendulum Magic. It is informative and has some good charts and excersised in it. I am a seat of the pants dowser though. I agree with other comments here...they are easy to manipulate and I always get the answer I am most invested in. Conway and others say you cannot be invested in the answer. How do you do that???? My pendulum work seems far truer for others. I used mine with my daughter (we were on the phone) I told her to ask things that I couldn't possibly know the answer to. And alll the answers were correct. So I am not sure what I think of them.

I haven't used them to find things and will have to try that. I am always misplacing something so it shouldn't be long. :D

Jim.... Hi there :)...were you just asking questions? Or were you using the pendulum with a chart or talking board? This is something I am interested in trying also. I have been debating painting my own board for pendulum work for some time now. I have a difficult time forming questions that will give me in depth answers for something that can only answer yes/no questions. Thus the talking board with letters for spelling. What do you think?

Ahria

Funnily enough I have never been able to manipulate mine even if I wish for an answer I will always get the answer from my spirit guide.

Jpoor

I was just asking simple yes and no questions.

For the cards, It was simple "Is this a red card?" Obviously, if the answer was NO then it was black. Then depending on the color I asked "Is this a heart/club"
1005 right on color, 100% wrong on suit.

As far as the past life exploration, I asked, "In my most recent past life, was I born in the 1900's?" Then went backwards until I got a yes, then I did the same for each month, and then the date as well. Anyway, it seems that SOME of the the answers may have been correct according to a Reiki Master and Psychic that I know.....

I got a bunch of charts and letter boards etc when I got my first pendulum. But they really didn't interest me much. If you have two answers opposite each other, I imagine it would be hard to tell which way the pendulum was actually swinging and which was the 'backstroke.'

beithe

I think that for awhile I am going to use my pendulums for finding things. I don't have any problem making them move but I think they are telling me what I want to hear. If you are suppose to remain unattatched to the answer I think they would work truely only for someone elses question. I know that I and my friend can ask the same question and get totally different answers.

I have some boards that came in a gift set with a pendulum. The pendulum is not one that I would have purchased on my own but the boards are neat. There are twelve of them, nice artwork, and each board covers one area. Like Location or banishing, love, etc. It has a book with it that, although it isn't what I would term in depth, is helpful. I basically bought it for the boards anyway. The set is called the "Truth Fairy" the people who designed it also designed "the Enchanted Tarot" and The Psychic Circle" neither of which I am familiar with. I suppose some would call it "fluffy" but I think I have had good results with it. I bought it at a local book store so I am sure it is fairly easy to find. Just a thought anyway.

I think the Conway book is the better of the two books. There are 6 or so past life charts in her book. Half moon and sectioned off by date or occupation or what have you. You might look into that..."A Little Book of Pendulum Magic" D.J. Conway

It is probably alot of trial and error and practice anyway. :)

beithe

SunChariot

catlin said:
Hi,

Are there some more out there who use pendulums?

I use my pendulum mainly for checking locations for bad energy/vibrations. My favourite pendulum is made of a stone called "Blaufluss", a deep midnight blue with silver sparkles. It looks like a midnight sky full of stars.

I also started combining tarot and pendulum for divination.

I am just starting to learn myself. Well I just started like 3 weeks ago, and I am learning a lot every day. Anyone out there have any advice for a real newbie??

I have a three tone Jasper one (black, white and red) , with a gold chain. Two more on order.:) One Amethyst, and the other is a crystal with pearls and all. It is a dream keeper pendy, have you heard of those?

http://www.pendulumsandmore.com/index.php?cPath=54&osCsid=8c554b41ea19f57f9fb7744c91d5bebb

If you click on one of the dream keeper pendies it will explain the concept. I ordered the first one....

Catlin, I've never heard of that stone, but yours sounds gorgeous!!!

They say it is normal in the beginning for your answers to be swayed by your desires, but in time and given enough practice and experience you can learn to get past that. It is a long learning period. It does seem harder to learn than Tarot, but I can see it is worth the work for me. I have heard many people say that it takes about a year to become truly proficent at it and to get truly accurate answers.

Where I am now, I am just doing practice exercises, specifically the one where you choose 6 cards from a regular playing card deck, 5 that are red and one that is black. Shuffle face down, and lay them in a row and try to use the pendy to find the black one. Tonight I got 4 tries right out of 10, which is not bad, as I only started these exercises 5 days ago. So there is some real improvement going on. :)

Still it is a fascinating tool, and I think it will be worth the amount of work it takes to get there. :) I am sure I will use it for all kinds of things, like finding lost items, choosing a job, partner...many life decisions. And I have a book on using pendy's to programme your subsconsious to create the life you want. I can't wait to get good enough to try that.:) I will probably also use it one day with Tarot. Any yes/no questions in a Tarot reading I will leave to the pendy.:)

BTW, here is a great site for pendy stuff:

http://www.pendulumsandmore.com/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=201

Bar

SunChariot

Jimilyn said:
Several of you have mentioned that it is easy to manipulate a pendulum. Like many intuitive tools, your thoughts and energy can greatly affect a pendulum. That's why it's crucial to be sure to clear your pendulum and then to center yourself and think only of the question. Do NOT think about the answer. You must detach emotionally from the answer.

I know I am a total beginner, but through some trial and error I have found some things that work for me and some that don't. Maybe some will help someone.:)

In my effort to detach from wanting a specific answer this is what has worked for me so far. I find if I look at the pendy as I ask the question, I start to anticipate which way it is about to move and think if that is the answer I wanted, and voila there you go, inaccurate answer.

So I tried just closing my eyes and telling myself I did not care which answer I got. Then when it was swinging, opening them and seeing what had happened. More accurate results that way.

Lately what has helped even more is to meditate a bit before during and after. :) Right before I ask the question, to relax my body completley, and empty my mind for a short while. Then, when I feel relaxed enough,I ask the question and kindof defocus my eyes, watch the candle flame flicker and do not let any thoughts in. Then I look at the pendy in a short while it is already moving.

When I can do this and not think of anything at all before the answer comes up, it seems to be becoming much more accurate for me. I am working on doing this whole process prior to each question. Medication before, during and after. And it has the added benifit that the meditation just makes you feel wonderful after.:)

Bar

SunChariot

Jpoor said:
My teacher (Reiki, Tarot, and other things) just gave me an old pendulum. It is a heart shaped amethyst, which happens to be my stone too. I have yet to try it out, but I am anxious. I did try a cheap store bought pendulum and only got as far as 'please show me what yes/no looks like' Yes seemed to be a counter-clockwise circle, and no was vague, somwhere between swinging left right and maybe a circle too. I need to try some more, but it is certainly interesting.

Wishing you all the best with your Pendy Jpoor! It can be a lot of fun, and really an amazing thing.:)

Bar

SunChariot

The Doc said:
from my readings,
Yes is forward and back
or clockwise( i am unsure of clockwise

No is left and right
or counter clock wise

I E opposest

but ask the pendulum it- self or create your own yes/no in my oppion

The Doc.

Here is what directions my Pendy uses:
Pendy Movements

1. Yes = an backwards and forwards direction

2. No = a side-to-side direction

3. I don’t know/question is unclear = clockwise circle

4. Not in my best interest to know = counterclockwise circle

5. Probably Yes = \

6. Probably No = /

- Yes and no answers are self-explanatory

- Maybes (I don’t knows) imply that the energy patterns are not yet set and some decisions still need to be made before the outcome can be determined, or that the question is unclear.

- If you receive a “not in your best interest to know” then the answer to the question could alter a spiritual of karmic lesson you have to learn. or it is none of your business. “Not in your best interest to knows” are often received when you are asking questions about other people, in other words you are being nosey.

- Probably Yes means as things stand right now, “it” whatever you asked about will probably happen (although it is not too late to change it), or is probably yes

- Probably No means just the opposite.

Bar

SunChariot

Jpoor said:
I posted this in a seperate thread a couple days ago, but I think it might be escaping notice, so I'll try here.

I have just within the last week or so gotten seriously interested in the pendulum. I have three, one of which I don't care for, while I really like the other two. Last night I tried working with my favorite pendulum (Quarts weight, with a "goldstone" at the other end) to determine the color and suit of cards pulled off the top of a well shuffled deck. It got 8 out of 8 right as far as color goes, and 3 out of 3 wrong as far as suit goes.
I'd start by asking 'is this a red card' and then 'is this card a heart.' Like I said, the color was right every time, but the suit was wrong... Any ideas???

Then, being the impatient one, I decided to try to look into my most recent past life experiences...... The success rate there went WAY down. For example, I was supposedly a civile war soldier that died on 02 April 1902...... Well, anyone who knows history, knows that the dates don't add up. (When I asked "Did someone kill me on purpose?" the answer was yes, then I asked "Did I die as a result of the war?" again the answer was yes. Anyway, I'll try some more later today, but any advice would be great.

Tks
Jim

Jim, they say it takes a year to get proficient at the pendulim. I think the only thing you did "wrong" was to ask yourself a question that you have not yet developed the skill level to handle. Those are not at all easy questions!

And btw, any feeling of impatience you have will also mess up the asnwers you get. Any excess emotions while penduling create a kind of static, like on a radio, and it makes it harder for the correct signals to get through and reach you.

Keep practicing and you will get better and better at it with time. And probabably also you had an emotional attachment to the answer. It is not an easy thing to stay unemotional when the issue we are contemplating is our own death. And if you have any emotional attachment to getting a specific asnwer that is the answer you will get, whether it is accurate or not. Iread somewhere that 95% of learning to be good with a pendy is learning to develop the emotional detachment to the answers. And no that is not as easy as it sounds, but it is definitely a skill that can be learnt.:)

Don't worry, if you keep at it, you will get to the point where you can answer those questions.

Hang in there,

Bar