Pendulum

ravynrain

ive been working with the pendulum fore awhile this year, but i have this thing with my nervous system that my hands slightly shake so i think it ruins the purpose oh well

SunChariot

ravynrain said:
ive been working with the pendulum fore awhile this year, but i have this thing with my nervous system that my hands slightly shake so i think it ruins the purpose oh well

How has it been, have you been practicing with the exercises? Have you gotten some right and some wrong? I'm not an expert either, just started to learn about a month ago, although I have read a ton on the topic, but I know they say it takes about a year to get good at it. I know the hard thing for me of course is clearning my mind of thoughts and expectations as I wait for the asnwer. But I wonder if just a little shake could make such a big difference. I hope you can find a way to make it work for you if that is what you want. Maybe a different tool of dowsing. Do you think one that you can hold in both hands would make it easier, like an L-Rod. I just read something on a web site that it is the most popular form of dowsing.

Here is the article, hope it helps:

http://www.strayreality.com/plants2/dowsing.htm

(see section under : "Most dowsers use two 'dowsing rods' or a pendulum."

I do wish you all the best with it.

Bar

purple_scorp

I've been using a pendulum (and L-Rod's too) for about four years. I just wanted to tell you about an interesting exercise, that involves feeling your own energy (and the energy of others - if you practise on other people).

Take your pendulum, and move it slowly, from the outside of your body. Start about an inch away from your skin - observe the movement of the pendulum. Then, move the pendulum out another inch, observe the movement - another inch, observe the movement....and so on. You should notice a pull toward yoursElf, when the pendulum is inside your auric field. Once you've moved the pendulum outside of your auric field, it will no longer pull. This helps you to identify your own energy - and where your aura begins and ends.

There have been times when I've used my pendulum to seek out a spirit presence that I've felt in my room and it has pulled quite noticeably.

purple_scorp

Elven

"The Pendulum Kit" by Sig Lonegren as also mentioned by Clare (post #20) I think is a great teaching tool for pendulum users.
I have used his methods for many years and after a few months initially of patient practise, it has served me very well. I use it mainly for finding things, but on a large scale. Like I use it to scoure maps, or street directories and the like.
I have found people overseas I wished to locate for the police and stolen items. I have also used it when I have been fossicking for quartz and river panning for saphires.
It takes practise and I really have to have a strong and integral purpose for wanting to use it. I dont find it works well for me with what I would call trivial matters, but thats me not the pendulum. I have a strong respect for it because I know how accurate it has been for me, and I ask the pendulum also if I can use it for the purpose I wish to get an answer for. I always check the yes and no swings before each set of questions or session, and it is very important to have a very specific question to ask it. I find it answers literally!

Hope it helps
Love the post!

Elven x

SunChariot

\\
purple_scorp said:
I've been using a pendulum (and L-Rod's too) for about four years. I just wanted to tell you about an interesting exercise, that involves feeling your own energy (and the energy of others - if you practise on other people).

Take your pendulum, and move it slowly, from the outside of your body. Start about an inch away from your skin - observe the movement of the pendulum. Then, move the pendulum out another inch, observe the movement - another inch, observe the movement....and so on. You should notice a pull toward yoursElf, when the pendulum is inside your auric field. Once you've moved the pendulum outside of your auric field, it will no longer pull. This helps you to identify your own energy - and where your aura begins and ends.

There have been times when I've used my pendulum to seek out a spirit presence that I've felt in my room and it has pulled quite noticeably.

purple_scorp

Thank you so much! I can't wait to try it. I am quite a newbie still. I got my first pendy mid-February (this year). I have 3 now.:)

BTW, here is a link to the site I find makes the most beautiful pendies:

http://www.pendulumsandmore.com/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=201

Check out the Dream Keeper ones, they're really cool!

But I've been working dilligently at learning every day. Just got my highest score at my practice exercises yesterday. 7 right out of 12 tries. :)

Anyway, thank you very much for the cool exercise purple_scorp.:)

Bar

purple_scorp

Hi Bar,

oh my gosh, those pendulums are simply beautiful....did you see that heaven's gate and sterling light ones? Their wands are beautiful too. I love the way they have those big beads and flat hearts etc at the end of the string for you to hold onto.

I have three pendulums too...one of which I made (with a crystal) and used a flat metal tiger's head as the bit to hold onto.

Seeing the pendulums and wands on that website is making me want to post a pic of one of my special pendulums and my wand. *Hmm, goes off to contemplate her snapping tools.

By the way, I noticed that site has a link to a pendulum chart book. I have one too (different from the one on the link). It is full of charts that you swing your pendulum over to get answers on a varity of topics. I'm not at home now, but when I return, I'll post the name of the book. It was under Aus $20 and is really interesting. It also has an accuracy chart on every page so you can test to make sure your swinging is accurate for that day.

One last piece of information that you may find interesting......according to a book that I read, you are supposed to ask your pendulum for permission each time you would like to use it. And, if it swings no, you are supposed to put the pendulum away until another time because it indicates that the time is not right for you to use it.

purple_scorp

SunChariot

I love everything on the site. I don't think there is anything there I wouldn't love to own and the woman who runs it is so sweet. She even runs another pendy forum that I joined too.

I have these two:

http://www.pendulumsandmore.com/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=283

and

http://www.pendulumsandmore.com/product_info.php?cPath=54&products_id=259

(and one more that was my first. I bought it on another site and there is no longer a picture of it there)

I find the concept of the Dream Keeper one so cool.:)

I have one book: A Little Book of Pendulum Magic, by D.J. Conway, that the second half of the book is charts. They seem to be quite accurate for me already. I would be interested in hearing more about your book. :)

Love to see your pics if you ever post them. The tiger's head one sounds really really nice too.

As for the asking the pendulum for permission to use it, I have never tried that yet, although mostly I have just done practice exercises so far and not really real readings. I have 6 positions, one is "DWA/not in my best interest to know. Which means either that the pendy doesn't want to answer (DWA) or that it will ruin a karmic lesson I am mearnt to learn on my own if it asnwers....I just figured if it did not want to asnwer it would tell me. I did once and I put it away again for that day. Do you think I should ask anyway?

Bar

Runester

Just got my first Pendulum today (before that I used the L rods effectively..hope im doing this right)

I saw that chart book glad you pointed that out..might have to get it.

purple_scorp

Bar, oh, those beads on the dream pendulum look handmade. Gorgeous. I have a simple, two beaded (one to swing, one to hold onto) mini-pendulum that I keep at work. At one stage, one of the guys would come in here every Friday afternoon to get me to do his footy tips.

Runestar, you might be interested in this site that shows some charts. Note, that chart book on the other web site is not the one I have. Am trying to google for my book to post but you may have to wait till I get home. :)

p_s