Playing Card Oracles ~ Alchemy Edition

greatdane

JUST received my deck today!

I love it more in person. I thought the scans were great, but this is one special deck. I may not get much of a chance to work with it or be on AT for awhile. In the midst of working out moving, but I DO love the deck and look forward to working with it when I have a bit of time. I hope to be back in more about mid June, if not before. Can't wait to read about everyone's thoughts.

Madrigal

Excellent, Greatdane! We'll look forward to hearing from you next month. Good luck with the move.

I just got a second copy of the original as a backup. I've never done that with a deck before. I may need to buy the Alchemy edition to 'complete' things. What I'm really looking for is an original of the original. That's the one by Two Sisters with larger cards and borderless backs.

kalliope

Madrigal, when you're looking for the Three Sisters Press edition, you may want to search for the "Vintage" PCO, since if I recall correctly from when I bought my reprint of that one from Ana (it's borderless and large, came only in a bag), that's how she and others were referring to it.

And in case you weren't aware of it, there is a large edition that was published by US Games. It's not borderless (it has the same back as the poker sized by US Games), but if it's primarily the size you're after, you may want to look for that, too.

Padma

My little fantasy is a monthly PCO reading circle exchange :thumbsup:

I would participate in that! I just recently got the PCO in the larger size, as well as the book. I haven't had time to get to the geomancy part of the book yet, but I hope to! I think a reading circle for them would be an amazing way to learn...

Madrigal

Madrigal, when you're looking for the Three Sisters Press edition, you may want to search for the "Vintage" PCO, since if I recall correctly from when I bought my reprint of that one from Ana (it's borderless and large, came only in a bag), that's how she and others were referring to it.

And in case you weren't aware of it, there is a large edition that was published by US Games. It's not borderless (it has the same back as the poker sized by US Games), but if it's primarily the size you're after, you may want to look for that, too.

Thanks, kalliope. It's the borderless that I'm after more than the size though slightly bigger cards would be nice. A google search and ebay search yields nothing for vintage playing cards oracle beyond the book which I have. I'll just keep plugging away.

I would participate in that! I just recently got the PCO in the larger size, as well as the book. I haven't had time to get to the geomancy part of the book yet, but I hope to! I think a reading circle for them would be an amazing way to learn...

Great!

Padma

Thanks, Madrigal :)

And hey, why don't you launch a search over in the trades column? Someone may have one they wish to part with...

Madrigal

I've been considering that.

Madrigal

New Moon is in four days. Are folks still interested in doing their own analysis of a draw? If yes I can go ahead and draw for the month then post the pic plus names of cards drawn and then off we all go to work our intuitive magic. We can reconvene either whenever the spirit and time allows or on a set date. I'm fine either way.

Another option is an actual exchange but that would depend on having at least four people interested.

And if no one is up for anything this month that's fine, too, because I'll be doing a lunar draw regardless.

LMK

Madrigal

Thanks, Madrigal :)

And hey, why don't you launch a search over in the trades column? Someone may have one they wish to part with...

Thank you for the suggestion, Padma. I did just that without much hope and yet, Madame Squee came through. I'm pinching myself :thumbsup:

Nica

I'd be interested in participating in the reading circle. I've never participated in one before, though, so I'm not sure how that would work out. But here, and interested!