professional tarot readers and how long you'll live questions??

gorgeousbutterfly

afrosaxon said:
Maybe the Universe was calling, to tell her to BE QUIET. ;)

haha good one :)

Amalthea_In_Fla

Umbrae said:
Somewhere I saw someone's (here on AT ages ago) humorous answer (I loved it, I wanna use it...who said it? Where's the source?)

"You'll die on a Tuesday evening while buying a newspaper - and will be stucke dead by an ice cream truck while crossing the street" Or something like that...

I'm reminded on the episode of x-files with Peter Boyle as the psychic insurance salesman. Skeptical, Mulder had asked him when he was going to die. Boyle's character leans forward from the back seat of the car they are traveling in and says, "Just two words: autoerotic aphixiation." Then he sits back in his seat and refuses to say anything more about it.

I think that would be a great answer to give if someone asks me that. :)

Grizabella

If someone asked me when they were going to die, I'd tell them that not even doctors can tell someone their exact time of death and that I won't try, either. :) Some things are not meant to be known. I wouldn't try to read cards about it.

SharonS

Well, I watched the YouTube video and I understand what you mean about the phone. It also seemed to make the sitter uncomfortable...it did me, lol. Plus when I heard what the ringtone was, AAHHHHHHH, how interuptive can you get!! People should have the phone turned off during readings, or have an understanding for people to only call them if it is an emergency while they're reading.

As for the question of when you die, I agree that it's not an ethical question to read, and no I wouldn't read that either. The long life answer was a safety answer I think, but I would have said that I don't read that question and told her the reason why. Alot of times when I see that question asked, it's people asking thinking it's cool or testing the reader. I think it's more of a "cool" query than actually WANTING to know and that they would feel differently about asking that question if they got an answer they didn't want.

~SharonS

Promise

I agree that it was probably just a generic answer, something "safe", but still, I wouldn't have answered that. When I read for other people, I make it a point to go over what things Tarot can answer and what it can't, as well as what I am personally willing to read and what I'm not. I find it incredibly unprofessional and unethical to try to "play God", so to speak.

I'm sure I would have been a smart-ass and said something like, "When you reach the scene of the crash" or "When your husband comes home early and you've forgotten to lock the bedroom door."

Heavensent

afrosaxon said:
...and if a querent asked me that question, I may respond with, "Till you're dead." :cool:

T.
ROFLMAO:laugh: