Psychic Fair - any advice?

memries

Well Done Sue.. happy you were able to realize a profit that helped you and doing so helped the lady and many others I am sure !

psychic sue

Thanks everyone!

The organiser has just phoned me and said he had very positive feedback - and has booked me for about 6 more in August/Sept. I'll let you know how it goes!

Another bit of advice I need - I need a board with my name on. I don't want to spend a fortune on it - any ideas as to what I can make one out of and make it look professional?

Milfoil

If it needs to be sturdy - white faced MDF. Its very smooth and gives a good finish to whatever you put on it. You can paint over it easily etc.

If it is better to have a light weight sign - Foam board or that corrugated stuff that sign makers use.

You could come up with a design on your pc, scale it up, print out then either cut out the letters/shapes and draw around them then paint the shapes or cut the shapes out of coloured vinyl but you need a really steady hand with a scalpel!

psychic sue

Thanks Milly - I had a look in town the other day and you can actually buy individial stick on letters for about 10p each, so I may do that.

Some of the people there have very professional boards - when I have made a bit more money I think I will invest in having a "proper" one done. I think I'll ask the clairvoiyants where they got theirs from.

For the next show though, I will make my own. I am also going to try and get an old fashioned changing screen from a junk shop that I can cover with black velvet and put behind the client when I read their aura. I found doing it in the daylight hard and a bit distracting.

Sue x

psychic sue

I did another one on the 21st - this time I made £150.

I think what made the difference was that the promoter forgot my leaflets! A very important part of the deal - because people come in, pick up a leaflet, read all about you and what you do, and then choose who they want. MY leaflet says "trained by Mia Dolan" which is usually a big pull - but of course they didn't see that.

The promoter apologised profusely and promised me all sorts of discounts in the future - but I learned a lesson here - NEVER GO WITHOUT YOUR OWN LITERATURE, EVEN IF THEY SAY IT IS PROVIDED!

Apart from that, I met a great person that day (another medium) who has helped me loads with my development, so I am not too bothered.

Next one is in Dudley again at the end of the month - wonder if I'll get any "repeat" customers?

lark

Sue I bought a nice big framed canvas and painted my sign on it, I used an old deck of tarot cards that were missing a few cards and glued them on as a border.
Then I got one of those nice wooden big plate and plater holders to stand the sign in.
All very light weight and portable.

Grizabella

What a great idea, Lark! I'm sure it looks really charming. Thanks for the great idea.

A person could also use a portable table easel to stand your framed canvas on. I have one, so I think I'll try your great idea for myself.

lark

Oh yes an easel would be perfect....
At the time i was short on money so I had to be creative....
The plate holder was a dollar and the canvas $5.00 so it worked out very well for me and I still use it today.

Grizabella

I'm always short on money, too. That's why I thought of the portable easel---I already have one my daughter gave me. :D

tarotbear

When I worked for the fabric store we had these big chrome frames on stands near the door where they put the poster for the current sale. I was able to buy one when the company went out of business. Good - but it has to be weighted down with a cinderblock on windy days!

A dressing screen can also become windbourne, but a couple of tomato stakes or those wrought iron garden plant hooks will help anchor it.