Publishers of Tarot

Le Fanu

MysticalMoose said:
I have a varied selection of decks, quite a number of Llewellyn ones, more than I realised now I have counted them! ~ including Medieval Enchantment, The Llewellyn, Legend Arthurian,Revelations, Mystic Faerie,Waking The Wild Spirit, Gilded,Animals Divine, Sacred Circle, Robin Wood, Witches Tarot, Celtic Dragon Tarot,along with The Fairy Ring & Greer's Sacred Geometry Oracle.MM :D

How funny. I was just about to post that I have a virtually Llewellyn-free collection..... I can't think of any Llewellyn decks I have...

karen0205

UrbanFool said:
there seem to be a lot of crap decks coming out like "Pirates" that the only intent is to capitalize on whatever's popular right now.

I agree. I would prefer decks that the artist really put some thought into.
Not the decks that are about current social trends, etc. like the Pirates.

I don't really like too many of the Llewellyn decks. I think I have a few.
Most are fairies and fantasy and I just don't connect to those.

The Only Llewellyn decks I have are the Robin Wood, Revelations and I just ordered the
Tarot of the Holy Grail. Otherwise I can't think of any.

I really like the artwork on the Revelations but I just can't use it.

karen

gregory

rwcarter said:
Ah, the great thing about being AR and having a spreadsheet of all your decks is that you can sort them by Publisher rather quickly.... :D

I have 78 titles by Lo Scarabeo, 75 by U.S. Games and 31 by Llewellyn. Considering I have ~400 titles, that means I have a lot of stuff from assorted publishers. I have more of the current stuff from LoS, while most of what I have from USG is of more of the vintage variety.

Rodney
You can do that with Access databases too; give me a few minutes :bugeyed:

OK: 25 Grimaud, 35 Llewellyn, 62 A G Muller, 75 U S Games, 172 Lo Scarabeo and 110 self-published. I am NOT listing all the other publishers..... If anyone wants to know about one in particular, I'll look.

redflash

gregory said:
You can do that with Access databases too; give me a few minutes :bugeyed:

Now THIS, I have to see !! :bugeyed:

Alta

The Lo Scarabeo decks are easiest because they have a look, even though there is a lot of variation, it is easy to identify them. I have quite a few and love many of them.
But the other publishers, I just never note which is which, so I would have to say that, no, I don't buy decks by publisher. Except Magic Realist and lately, Tarot Connections.

Now we have Kunati and Schiffer Books jumping in, this gets to be difficult to answer.

gregory

redflash said:
Now THIS, I have to see !! :bugeyed:
See my edited post above ! You WANT to know I have - e.g. - 4 by Cico and the like ???? I will make a full list if it excites you })

redflash

gregory said:
See my edited post above ! You WANT to know I have - e.g. - 4 by Cico and the like ???? I will make a full list if it excites you })

If I could lock myself away in your house for a month to savour all your decks, ahhhh bliss !!

:love:

*not worthy*

gregory

redflash said:
If I could lock myself away in your house for a month to savour all your decks, ahhhh bliss !!

:love:

*not worthy*
Come to tea :D

rwcarter

gregory said:
Come to tea :D
Hey!!!! I said months ago that you should open a tarot Bed and Breakfast at your house. Just think of all the new self-published and Lo Scarabeo decks (to bring this back on topic :D) you could buy with all the money you'd make.... ;)

Rodney

Sphinxmoth

I still have few enough decks (if not a spreadsheet), and nearly complete notes of them to be able to do some quick, brief summing-up stats on my collection.
About 79 decks.
19 are U.S. Games
17 are Lo Scarebeo
Pretty even split, and together make up nearly half the decks I own. No other single publisher totals anywhere near those two numbers in this collection- Il Meneghello, Llewellyn, Bear & Co., A.G.M., Fournier, lots of other miscellaneous.

All acquired over the course of the last several years, mostly in the last four years, (nearly half of them in the last year and a half), so of course very few in the actual year of it's release. No LS decks on my current wishlist, not sure which on the list might be U.S.G., offhand. I don't take a lot of notice about that until I am searching for/ordering one or have a deck in hand.

year... # of decks from that year

Lo Scarebeo

U.S.Games

3 with undetermined dates (1970's)