Raffle!! AT Traveling Member Deck Raffle!!

Elven

Its just a suggestion ... but what about using a blank deck - I can donate that, no worries - its here ready to go for 2007 :p

Get a list of 78 people together from all over.
Each drawing one card when the deck arrives to them.
By the time the deck reaches it final destination it will be complete.

This could also go along with a reading deck - if that was possible - or they could be two seperate projects?

Is that something we could consider?
Maybe some markers would be put with the deck for those who dont have pens?

Just a suggestion.

Blessings Elven x

Daizdy

Maybe instead of starting in the states it could be started overseas this time. I just think by having more than one deck travelling takes something away from it. It becomes not quite as special, in my opinion anyway. Having so many decks going around and even doing it very often becomes routine.

I really have no desire to do it again. I remember doing a reading early on and the tarot telling me that i would get creative. I thought, how in the world would i get creative? When i felt discouraged because it wasn't going quite as planned and I thought of the incentive, the reading i did came to mind. After that incentive was implemented things fell into place rather quickly. If there is no incentive and there is more than one deck floating around, things could become quite confusing, not only for the person who heads the project but for the participants and viewers as well and I can't afford to offer another incentive.

Maybe I'm being partial here but I really think some time should pass before another travelling deck project begins. If and when it does, if it were me, i'd only use one deck and start it overseas. But, of course, that's just my opinion...

Mimers

Daizdy said:
Maybe instead of starting in the states it could be started overseas this time. I just think by having more than one deck travelling takes something away from it. It becomes not quite as special, in my opinion anyway. Having so many decks going around and even doing it very often becomes routine.

I really have no desire to do it again. I remember doing a reading early on and the tarot telling me that i would get creative. I thought, how in the world would i get creative? When i felt discouraged because it wasn't going quite as planned and I thought of the incentive, the reading i did came to mind. After that incentive was implemented things fell into place rather quickly. If there is no incentive and there is more than one deck floating around, things could become quite confusing, not only for the person who heads the project but for the participants and viewers as well and I can't afford to offer another incentive.

Maybe I'm being partial here but I really think some time should pass before another travelling deck project begins. If and when it does, if it were me, i'd only use one deck and start it overseas. But, of course, that's just my opinion...

I am right in line with you Daizdy. I think it should be special and we can start it over seas next time with just one deck. I suppose we could start it after the holidays. Like I said before, I would be happy to oversee it this time around.

I was thinking it would be very nice to include a traveling journal as well for people to write their readings and experiences in. How does that sound?

Mimers

Elven said:
Its just a suggestion ... but what about using a blank deck - I can donate that, no worries - its here ready to go for 2007 :p

Get a list of 78 people together from all over.
Each drawing one card when the deck arrives to them.
By the time the deck reaches it final destination it will be complete.

This could also go along with a reading deck - if that was possible - or they could be two seperate projects?

Is that something we could consider?
Maybe some markers would be put with the deck for those who dont have pens?

Just a suggestion.

Blessings Elven x

That's a great idea too! That would be a wonderful project to create a deck like that.

I do think it should be a separate thing though.

gregory

Mimers said:
I was thinking it would be very nice to include a traveling journal as well for people to write their readings and experiences in. How does that sound?
We discussed that last time - the journal would add a LOT of weight and up postage costs something shocking - it might even take it above the limits for any kind of "cheap" mailing..... That was why the online journal was set up- which also meant that people could read it as it happened.. And I am turning it into a pdf, so EVERYONE who took part can keep a copy.

raeanne

Hi all,
I was curious about who won the raffle or if it has even happened yet. This thread seems to be talking about a new traveling deck. Could the moderator perhaps split this thread and get it back to talking about the raffle instead of drifting off into something else? Thanks.

Mimers

Daizdy said:
The winner of the AT Travelling Member Deck is:

[size=+2]MEEWAH !!!
[/size]

The winner of the $75 gift certificate to the Tarot Garden is:

[size=+2]Tk2dsky !!!
[/size]

I want to thank all of you for all of your thank you's but most of all I want to thank you all for participating and making it so special. Thank you all for making this project such a success!!! Thanks to Solandia for allowing it to happen and thanks to Jeanette and the Tarot Garden for donating the World Spirit deck and for her help. Thank you all for such a wonderful experience :)

Congratulations to the winners!!!!!!! :D

Sorry raeanne, I guess we should take this conversation up elsewhere.

gregory said:
We discussed that last time - the journal would add a LOT of weight and up postage costs something shocking - it might even take it above the limits for any kind of "cheap" mailing..... That was why the online journal was set up- which also meant that people could read it as it happened.. And I am turning it into a pdf, so EVERYONE who took part can keep a copy.

Good point. I didn't think of that.

However.....there is something special about seeing it written out by each individual that is irreplaceable. Too bad really, but I agree, we should keep costs down any way possible.

Netzach

Mimers said:
However.....there is something special about seeing it written out by each individual that is irreplaceable. Too bad really, but I agree, we should keep costs down any way possible.

Would it be possible for everyone to write a short piece at the end of their time with the deck just giving an overview of their experience. Then scan it and post it to the journal thread as an attachment. Then at the end clever Gregory (or someone else) could amalgamate them all in a pdf file. So that way we would have something handwritten without it having to be posted with the deck.

Mimers

Netzach said:
Would it be possible for everyone to write a short piece at the end of their time with the deck just giving an overview of their experience. Then scan it and post it to the journal thread as an attachment. Then at the end clever Gregory (or someone else) could amalgamate them all in a pdf file. So that way we would have something handwritten without it having to be posted with the deck.

I don't know that everyone will have a scanner. It's no biggy. No worries.

raeanne

Mimers said:
Sorry raeanne, I guess we should take this conversation up elsewhere.

Thanks Mimers for posting the winners. I started looking for the info and just ended up finding talk about a new deck. One time participating was more than enough for me. Glad to hear who got the deck though.