Readings when not well

NikkiB

I have found that if there is anything wrong with me, anything, feel a bit sick, headachy, anything at all that means im not feeling that great I get very strange confused readings that are just gobbledegook.

I start off thinking they are ok but I am having to be a bit lateral in my thinking then they get increasingly silly! so it seems that I just cant read if i'm "off"

Anyone else find this?

amethyst57

yep...happens to me....
the cards will pick up on what's going on with you...if any physical, mental, emotion things that are off balance; your readings will be off balance...

Aulruna

Yes, happens to me, too.

Sometimes, an extra centering and grounding exercise helps, but if I feel I don't connect properly, I'll give it a break.

NikkiB

thanks for that, I was wondering if it was just me.

Once I saw the readings were getting silly I just abandoned them, I think I'll try to aviod doing anything on not well days in future!

love.actually

Aww feel better soon, Nikki! This happens to me too--and trying to make sense out of gibberish readings drains my energy even more, so I tend to reserve readings for days I'm emotionally/mentally/physically well.

nisaba

NikkiB said:
I have found that if there is anything wrong with me, anything, feel a bit sick, headachy, anything at all that means im not feeling that great I get very strange confused readings that are just gobbledegook.

I start off thinking they are ok but I am having to be a bit lateral in my thinking then they get increasingly silly! so it seems that I just cant read if i'm "off"

Anyone else find this?
I am rarely sick as such, but if I am uncomfortable (anything from headachy/nauseous/in pain right through to being on an uncomfortable chair or too cold), yeah, if I'm uncomfortable, I'll be aware of my discomfort, and I'll be spending some of my attention there instead of the reading.

When I read, certainly for other people, everything else goes away. If my body is ill enough to be unable to go away, I'm not giving the reading my best.

linnie

That can happen with all manner of divination... In fact, dowsers who work with pendulums are often taught as a basic principle that responses will be much less reliable when dowsing under the impact of illness, full moon, wearing metal jewellery, being in the presence of skeptics etc. :)

autumn star

I feel the same when under the weather. I have found also that if I am feeling any kind of stress I should not read until I am in a calmer state of mind and then the readings will make much more sense :)

amethyst57

linnie said:
being in the presence of skeptics etc. :)

that can be a big factor,lol...or when you're not home alone...
even if they respect your privacy, they're still there....

Wendywu

When I was very ill, for several months, I stopped reading tarot entirely. I also stopped reading about it, or even looking at the cards. I just didn't have the mental energy to spare. All my energy was going into getting from one day to the next.

I knew I was getting better when I picked up a deck. Didn't do anything with it but I picked it up :). Couple of weeks later I was reading one card a day. Not all that well, but I was having a go. And with time, as my body healed, tarot came back to me again, better and deeper than before.