Readings when not well

NikkiB

Hi thanks everyone glad it's not just because im rubbish lol

I have also had this with pendulums linny ...

I have been ill for a long time wendy but seem ok on my good days its thats whats become normal for me so perhaps I seem normal those days....i guess but will leave it along on not so good days in future!

Interesting how it affects people isnt it!

amethyst57

the various divination tools we use pick up our particular energy...
know us, know we're not ready or ready to work...
kinda akin to old pair of shoes, they conform to ya....

MagsStardustBlack

Yeh totally NikkiB,

I can't read when stessed, or sad, had a really difficult year, especially last winter due to outside influences, i couldn't even pick up my tarot deck, couldn't connect to it atall, now i have an oracle deck so i'm hoping that i can still use this deck if i feel bad as i have read that using oracle decks can bring comfort and healing. xxMag.

Morwenna

True. Not only physical illness, but undue stress. Last winter when our home was in such an uproar I didn't pick up a deck for months. I didn't start again till late spring.

Alta

Yes, I don't read well when I feel sick. Hard to concentrate if nothing else.

Nevada

I haven't noticed this with physical problems, unless I'm actually feverish, and then my dreams get bizarre too. But emotional upsets do interfere with reading.

SunChariot

NikkiB said:
I have found that if there is anything wrong with me, anything, feel a bit sick, headachy, anything at all that means im not feeling that great I get very strange confused readings that are just gobbledegook.

I start off thinking they are ok but I am having to be a bit lateral in my thinking then they get increasingly silly! so it seems that I just cant read if i'm "off"

Anyone else find this?

Absolutely. Reading takes a lot of concentration and focus. You can't do that as well when you are really tired or don't feel well.

Babs

Evermore

Same Here!

Nevada said:
I haven't noticed this with physical problems, unless I'm actually feverish, and then my dreams get bizarre too. But emotional upsets do interfere with reading.

I am the exact same way. Normally if I have some type of cold, sinus infection, or pretty much anything that makes my head feel pressure, I tend to have "off" Readings. The Cards are perfectly fine; it's my intuition and thinking that gets muddled. I can have physical pain all over my body but my Readings are fine as long as my head is left alone. But I believe each person is different and is affectedly differently!

Haha, my dreams get bizarre, too. I tend to only be half-asleep when I have them. Freaky stuff. When my dreams get that way, I know I'm getting sick and I know not to pick up a deck or it'll just come out all muddled.

Natasha

NikkiB

Evermore said:
I am the exact same way. Normally if I have some type of cold, sinus infection, or pretty much anything that makes my head feel pressure, I tend to have "off" Readings. The Cards are perfectly fine; it's my intuition and thinking that gets muddled. I can have physical pain all over my body but my Readings are fine as long as my head is left alone. But I believe each person is different and is affectedly differently!

Haha, my dreams get bizarre, too. I tend to only be half-asleep when I have them. Freaky stuff. When my dreams get that way, I know I'm getting sick and I know not to pick up a deck or it'll just come out all muddled.

Natasha

Hi thanks everyone! It's nice to know im (farily) normal...

I've had strange dreams to :0

Rasa

Sometimes I actually find that if I'm a little 'out of it', I read better, because my analytical brain is more relaxed, so that I can tune into my intuition a little more easily.

Usually I forget about what's going on in my body when I'm reading for someone else, unless there's something -really- wrong, like some kind of intense pain or nausea or something.
If I'm feelilng physically crappy, I probably won't want to read for myself in the first place.. so I don't know if illness makes a difference to those readings.

When I first started reading cards when I was a teenager, I felt I had to be in the right mood, right mindset, right everything if I was going to do a reading...

Later on, when I started to readings for money, by appointment, I couldn't just say, "sorry, I don't feel up to it," anymore. I got much better at turning my attention away from myself and towards the querent. Now I can read if I'm tired, not feeling great, having a shitty day, whatever.