recognising clients

nisaba

I've just moved into a new area, and none of the faces in shopping centres are familiar. (On a subliminal level you get used to seeing familiar faces around you, I feel as if I'm on Mars).

I have a habit, if I go places for coffee, of leaving my business card near my used crockery - it has "thank you" printed on the reverse, and I turn it up to show that. Good manners AND free publicity.

I got an email from a female asking me for a reading online, saying she'd got my email from a business card in this particular new shopping centre. I *know* that I haven't yet left a pile of them with any of the retailers for their customers, so it was a bit of a mystery how she'd got my card there. So I did the Paypal thing, and the reading thing.

I went back to the shopping centre to buy food today, my second-ever visit. Sat down at the same place for coffee, since the last coffee was delicious. I got served by a middle-aged man. A younger woman working there, blonde, bouncy, kept looking over and meeting my eyes and smiling. She was pretty and I'm single so I smiled back, without any intention of speaking to her let alone dragging her off into my lair.

As I left, I dropped a business card on my saucer, thankyou-side-up, and also said "thank you" to the two of them as I walked out. And an hour later, it hit me. She kept smiling as if we had a secret together, BECAUSE SHE WAS MY CLIENT!

<laughter>

Grizabella

What an awesome story. I'm so glad you shared it. And I'm glad you're sharing about your new home and the new town and surroundings. I've been so happy to see that this has happened for you. :)

ivanna

What a nice story, and great idea about the cards... maybe I will do the same... ahahaha.

nisaba

<smile> Thank you both.

danieljuk

I am shocked she didn't come and ask for your autograph! how did she not know the great nisaba from tarot? :thumbsup: ;) sweet story! I am glad you are getting your name out there in the new place, great promotion idea :)

also I also realise things a long time after the fact! lol

Flames

That's a very sweet story. Thank you for sharing it, nisaba. :)

moon_light

The card thing is a super good idea! That's really, really smart. Thank you so much for sharing that idea! If you keep smiling at her, maybe she'll buy another reading.

donnalee

I'm glad you are getting to know the people in your new area, plus get some clients--enjoy! Interesting idea about the cards--

MandMaud

Great thing to do with your cards, and great to have "Thank you" on the backs anyway.
But you can't be sure she was your client - maybe she was just flirting })

ETA: maybe the card found its way there via someone who picked it up in a different coffee shop and thought it was a nice thing to do anonymously. Or maybe it teleported. Or you've lost your memory and haven't realised yet. }) })