recognising clients

nisaba

But you can't be sure she was your client - maybe she was just flirting })
<grin> I doubt it but thanks for the thought.

ETA: maybe the card found its way there via someone who picked it up in a different coffee shop and thought it was a nice thing to do anonymously. Or maybe it teleported. Or you've lost your memory and haven't realised yet. }) })

No, you must have misunderstood me, this happened in the same coffee shop where I'd been previously and left my card. She most likely cleared my table after I'd left the first time, and pocketed my card.

I just thought, how often we disconnect between our internet world and our physical world. It didn't occur to me that she may have been the client that picked up the card from that table until well after I'd left. :)

MandMaud

No, you must have misunderstood me, this happened in the same coffee shop where I'd been previously and left my card. She most likely cleared my table after I'd left the first time, and pocketed my card.
Clearly I've misunderstood something - what about:
asking me for a reading online, saying she'd got my email from a business card in this particular new shopping centre. I *know* that I haven't yet left a pile of them with any of the retailers for their customers, so it was a bit of a mystery how she'd got my card there.

I just thought, how often we disconnect between our internet world and our physical world.
Don't know about you but I have this huge disconnect between my physical world and my physical world. :laugh:

nisaba

Clearly I've misunderstood something - what about:
asking me for a reading online, saying she'd got my email from a business card in this particular new shopping centre. I *know* that I haven't yet left a pile of them with any of the retailers for their customers, so it was a bit of a mystery how she'd got my card there.

The cafe was one of three or four inside the shopping centre. I've been to the shopping centre twice. The first time I left a card at that particular cafe. The second time, I went to the same cafe and the girl smiled at me. Identical place (even the same table). Two visits, a fortnight apart.

MandMaud

Aha.
You're just doing this to confuse me, aren't you. ;)