searching for a crystal ball?

Lillie

Have you looked at all the little crystal skulls yet?

Some are funny looking, some are cute, some are spooky.

Nice though.

I'm scared to buy one because I'll want more. :)

wizzle

Lilli....

That is not a good price, that is an unbelievable price for natural quartz. I'd expect to pay several hundred dollars for a sphere of that size. My biggest one is 3.75 inches or 90mm and it was quite expensive at a gem show.

Lillie

Yes, I thought so too.

Shame I havn't got £26! (it's £6 postage, but it's probably heavy!)

I was surprised when I looked at the text and saw how big it was.
A really substanstial size, not like the tiny ones.

Anyhow, yes, a good deal.
Hopefully someone from AT will pick it up!

sagewriter

Lillie said:
Have you looked at all the little crystal skulls yet?

Some are funny looking, some are cute, some are spooky.

Nice though.

I'm scared to buy one because I'll want more. :)

i'm unsure about the skulls. i don't feel very comfortable looking at them. too afraid of death still i suppose!

Lillie

I like skulls. I always have.

But I read a book about crystal skulls years ago, which made me doubt that any of them were genuinely ancient.

I do like them though.
Especially that big one that is so realistic.

I reckon they should give it (or a cast of it) to one of the face rebuilding people, and see what kind of face it would have.

You know the ones?
They do it for police investigations, or archaeological stuff.

'Meet the ancestors', a UK archaeology program does it all the time.

Anyhow, that would be interesting.

tarotbear

You may stumble across a crystal ball in unlikely places such as tag sales, flea markets, and at fairs. Nothing against gem sellers, but going to a gem show is not the best idea because gem dealers know the value of such things and don't give 'hot' items away cheaply. A place that sells gemstones by the carat is not going to give away a palm-sized clear rock crystal ball for pocket change.

It has been said that you don't find your tools - your tools find you instead. Perhaps doing some strong 'wishful thinking' (call it spellwork if you must) where you ask the universe to help you find the right crystal ball for you will bring you to one.

sagewriter

Lillie said:
I like skulls. I always have.

But I read a book about crystal skulls years ago, which made me doubt that any of them were genuinely ancient.

I do like them though.
Especially that big one that is so realistic.

I reckon they should give it (or a cast of it) to one of the face rebuilding people, and see what kind of face it would have.

You know the ones?
They do it for police investigations, or archaeological stuff.

'Meet the ancestors', a UK archaeology program does it all the time.

Anyhow, that would be interesting.

gosh that would be interesting! i've always loved watching those programs and seeing what the person looked like. it's such an amazing thing to be able to do!

Lillie

After I wrote that the other day I went to try and find out a little more.
Tried to find out what the truth was about the so called 'ancient skulls'.
And, unless i want to believ in an Atlantean civilisation 30,000 years ago, I still don't know if they are really ancient or not.

However, the nice one, the realistic one, has been 'reconstructed', like on meet the ancestors.

And this is the face!

Attachments

• faceofcs.jpg
    faceofcs.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 78

sagewriter

woah!!! that is pretty cool!

i went to an amazing crystal place today (i may have to make a post of it). and saw some crystal skulls. still not too keen on them though!

Valerieb66

questions...questions..

Hi Guys :)

I was looking at this crystal ball:
http://www.gebode.com/proddetail.php?prod=AZFC60RO

60mm seems very small, though! Do you guys think this is too small (this will be my first crystal ball).

And what about color.. is crystal clear easiest for a beginner? or does it not really matter (light colors such as Rosaline).

Anndd..what book is highly recommended for a beginner? Thanks in advance for the info.. sagewriter, did you get a book w. your ordered ball? if so, which?