Sequential Spreads

tarotreader2007

I've just recently discovered the OOTK spread and am wondering if anyone knows of any other spreads read in sequences but perhaps a different system other than that outlined by the GD and Crowley.

Peace and Love,

tarotreader2007

mentalista

tarotreader2007 said:
I've just recently discovered the OOTK spread and am wondering if anyone knows of any other spreads read in sequences but perhaps a different system other than that outlined by the GD and Crowley.

Peace and Love,

tarotreader2007

There's a nice one called the Churchyard Spread that's similar in some ways to OOTK, except it uses a fixed number of cards and moves sequentially.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=7869&page=1

Actually, there's no reason you couldn't do the card-counting and pairing of OOTK with this spread too.

tarotreader2007

I remember looking at this a LONG time ago, thank you for your suggestion! Perhaps I'll tweak it a bit like you said :)

mentalista

tarotreader2007 said:
I remember looking at this a LONG time ago, thank you for your suggestion! Perhaps I'll tweak it a bit like you said :)

This is what bugs me about OOTK. Half or more of the instructions are just elaborate ways to cut the deck. The really interesting thing about the method is the counting and pairing. And you start by cutting the deck in 4, which means your first encounter with counting and pairing is with ~20 cards. Eek!

Just as well to start by counting out the number of cards you actually feel comfortable working with, or cutting a stack that feels about the right number. I guess you could call it OOTKWOT...opening the key without tears. ;)

tarotreader2007

hahaha without tears lol

It's not that I find it difficult (albeit VERY TIME CONSUMING) pairing and counting as such, but the churchyard spread is similar if treated in a tweaked way :) I was just wondering if anyone else had found/created a spread that is read more sequentially than by position, so thank you very much for this suggestion! It completely skipped my mind!

Hopefully others will be able to contribute, or else, dare I say, I might make my own spread?

Peace and Love,

tarotreader2007

AprilFool

tarotreader2007 said:
I've just recently discovered the OOTK spread
May I please have an acronym translation for OOTK or a link?

mentalista

AprilFool said:
May I please have an acronym translation for OOTK or a link?

Opening of the Key.

http://supertarot.co.uk/ootk/index.htm

It combines a cool method of reading by counting and pairing cards, with several entirely unneccessary and over-elaborate ways of cutting the deck based on elements, the tree of life, the zodiac, etc.

It is very much worth learning, but if you are intimidated by the instructions, the counting and pairing method can be used without all the other foofaraw.

mentalista

tarotreader2007 said:
hahaha without tears lol

It's not that I find it difficult (albeit VERY TIME CONSUMING) pairing and counting as such, but the churchyard spread is similar if treated in a tweaked way :) I was just wondering if anyone else had found/created a spread that is read more sequentially than by position, so thank you very much for this suggestion! It completely skipped my mind!

Hopefully others will be able to contribute, or else, dare I say, I might make my own spread?

Peace and Love,

tarotreader2007

What about the old Gypsy spread? Three rows of 7, with no fixed positional meanings.

rwcarter

If I'm correctly understanding what you mean by sequential, then the 8 Weeks Spread should work for you. You lay out 9 cards in a 3x3 grid and then interpret each horizontal, vertical and diagonal line as a different week.

Many of the spreads I created for the Transparent Tarot (see Post 2 of the Tarot Spreads Forum Index) have cards being laid out in some kind of grid and then interpreted in various combinations. In the Index there's also a link to other spreads at AT that I think are well-suited for use with the Transparent. I think many of those might work for you (again assuming I'm understanding what you mean by sequential).

HTH,
Rodney

AprilFool

mentalista said:
Opening of the Key.

http://supertarot.co.uk/ootk/index.htm

...It is very much worth learning,...the counting and pairing method can be used without all the other foofaraw.
Thank you very much, Mentalista! I'll check it out and see if I like or dislike foofaraw! :D