Sheridan-Douglas Tarot: new printing

nisaba

We use Tarot - what other proof can he possibly need?

Forester70

I would just like to add to everybodys comments and and say how great it is to hear of Sheridan reprint,although i now finally own one of these decks after a long search,infact i have 2, one is well worn the other mint!.
Just like so many of you my first ever book was The Tarot by Alfred Douglas and it served me well in conjunction with 1jj swiss,back in 1972 as a beginner i would use the black and white images from the book as a memory tool so as to associate pictures to the 1jj swiss plain pip cards (im sure most of you know what i mean) and now at last these images in my mind are in full colour!.
I would be interested to hear if anybody else used this method ???
I will probably buy the reprint just to see how it compares to original as i also collect.
If you love the 70s era decks this is the one to buy!

Yep. That could be me you describe above.

Winterchild

This is awesome news.... I still have my first edition hardback of the book... Full of old clippings from magazines that mum used to buy !!! Will have to take a pic... I need this deck my original is long lost in the many moves of my youth...

gregory

Um - this is a very old thread. The reprint was in 2006,and the book in 2007. I'm not aware of another.... The book is easy enough to find.

There are copies of the deck on amazon for £999 :bugeyed: A signed 2006 is £44.95 on Solari. Or you can try Alfred's site:

http://www.sheridandouglas.co.uk/buy.htm

But as several of his site links are dead, I'm not sure if that still works.

Winterchild

I just ordered one from his site!!!! Woot!!

firecatpickles

Finally! This deck has been on my wishlist for, dare I say, years? ha

kalliope

Or you can try Alfred's site:

http://www.sheridandouglas.co.uk/buy.htm

But as several of his site links are dead, I'm not sure if that still works.

I purchased directly from the site just about a month ago, so it's still working. The deck arrived quite quickly from the UK to the US, too.

No need for anyone to pay astronomical prices on Amazon or Ebay!

gregory

That's great - since it is listed here as out of print and unobtainable, I wondered...

Forester70

I ordered a deck from the Sheridan-Douglas site on Sunday night and it was with me on Tuesday; so it is working and they are available, but I did notice today that it was out of stock on Amazon.co.uk!

I will post my thoughts on it compared to the original printing soon.

nisaba

<darkly> I still want the black-and-white version we were all dreaming about. The begging seems to have produced a zero result.