Sleeping with my deck

hunter

I have slept with a deck many times. They comfort me.

I have night sweats every night, so...I wouldn't know the difference :-0

Have you tired doing a reading about your night sweats?

DownwardSpiral

OMG this is too funny : )

I think you need to tell Radiant RW your sleeping alone tonight LOL

I couldn't sleep with cards under my pillow. Like others I'd be too afraid of bending my cards and then I'd be tossing and turning all night.

astronautica

A very strange coincidence! I quite often sleep with decks under my pillow, and while I do have very wild and vivid dreams I've never had such a strong physical reaction to them. How has your deck been to read with? Maybe it has something important to tell you :)

nisaba

If it helps, I find *using* a deck and letting the images flash repeatedly IN FRONT OF your eyes, is the best way to bond with a deck. As another pointed out, sleeping with a deck risks damaging it (or your neck).

The sweats might be due to subconscious excitement "arousing" the body, especially the Sympathetic Nervous System, which controls excitement, sweating, heartrate, etc.

Melisandre

Well, I slept last night without the deck, and I slept fine. No sweating, no weird stuff. So either it is actually the energy of the deck, or it is my reaction to having the deck so close to me when I sleep.

This is my very first deck, so I don't have experience with others to know "how" it reads. What I can tell you is that I feel like I'm picking it up rather quickly. Oddly, I bought the RWS deck as an afterthought. I bought Tarot of the Sidhe (which is absolutely gorgeous), and intended on learning to read with that. I had gotten RWS just to get started with, to have as a resource to learn off of. But I've grown very attached to that deck over only the week that I've had it, I actually feel fond of it. So I'm surprised that the positive associations I have with the deck would stress me out to a point of sleeping badly knowing it's near - I would expect to feel comforted by it, as I do when I'm awake.

I don't know, this is all new to me, so I guess I'll just have to figure it out through trial and error =)

Trogon

Hunter mentioned doing a reading on your night-sweats, but I'd go a bit further. It seems to me that there may be some message that is trying to get through to you when you're sleeping with this particular deck. Whether it's actually connected to the individual deck, or if your mind is more open because you know that you are sleeping with a Tarot deck and maybe subconsciously expecting something, I don't know.

But, I would suggest a couple of things. First, try sleeping with a different deck under your pillow and see if you get a similar reaction. Also, try doing a reading on what the deck is trying to tell you. I believe you've said you're somewhat new to Tarot? In that case I would keep the reading fairly simple ... say 3 to 5 cards. Maybe something that will help you to learn where the message is coming from, what the message is and where to go from there?

And ... if you don't mind, maybe let us know what you find out. :D

Melisandre

You know what, I think I'm going to try that. I'll have to do the reading tomorrow night, though. It's getting late here and I'm not focused enough at this point. I'll update tomorrow =)

Thanks for the help!

Obsydian

With my deck in bed with me, I have the weirdest most vivid dreams. Yay but eek!

Cerulean

I know visually I remember more with bright images

and so the afterglow in memory will waken me to look or mark the visual memory.

A dream I will remember might be more striking for bright colors. Lots of warm colors in the Radiant...maybe your awareness is also heightened by a lump in your pillow and you awaken to adjust
your sleep posture or check the deck. Our heads are heavy in sleep.

If this Radiant is stimulating for imagery alone, sounds like a good day time and wake up call deck for you.

Best wishes ,

Cerulean

rota

Lately, I've been sleeping with books about Cubism. Should I worry?