Spooky tarot questions for taroteers

Brammetje

Spooky tarot questions

I just had a few thoughts tonight and am wondering how
you guys feel about the next couple of questions:

> Did you ever gave a tarotdeck away that you used to read with, and how did you feel about that?

> What do you do with decks that have a negative feeling about them?

> How did your deck get a negative vibe?

> What do you do to protect your deck from bad influences?

> Ever had someone shuffling your cards and felt that they were not treating them right? What did you do?

> Have you ever destroyed a tarot deck? How did you do it? How did it feel.

> Do you have any regrets relating to tarot decks that you destroyed or gave away? Or perhaps you one time read with them in a negative mood?
Or did you not treat it the way you would have liked to. How did you solve/repair the situation?

> What do you think happens with your favorite deck after you pass away.
Do you wish that the decks will be used again? or do you feel that it would be better if nobody touched them again.

> Do you own a used Tarot deck? If so, Did you notice a difference between new and used tarot decks? What do you think caused the difference?

ps: I hope you like the questions.

ps2: you dont have to answer all the questions, you can also just choose one! :)

Alta

> Did you ever gave a tarotdeck away that you used to read with, and how did you feel about that?

No, I only ever gave away or traded away decks that I did not read with.

I got rid of the Enochian via a trade here becaue it creeped me out. I did however say that when I traded it.

It was the images, very dark and wierd. I never see the deck mentioned here so it cannot be very popular.

Be a nice person. :D

> Ever had someone shuffling your cards and felt that they were not treating them right? What did you do?

No, but if I did I think I would gently reach over and take them back.

No. Nor ever wished to do so.

> What do you think happens with your favorite deck with your time and energy in it after you pass away. Do you wish that the decks will be used again? or do you feel that it would be better if nobody touched them again.

I hope my nieces sell them on eBay and get some money.

> Do you own a used Tarot deck? If so, Did you notice a difference between new and used tarot decks? What do you think caused the difference?

Yes, several. The only one I ever noticed anything with though was a very old Thoth deck. It always struck me as having very friendly vibes.
Strongly suspect someone's nieces sold it on ebay to get some money. :)

firecatpickles

Brammetje said:
Did you ever gave a tarotdeck away that you used to read with, and how did you feel about that?
Yes, I produced a tarot deck using automatic writing while in the Marines. I gave them away to a Greek witch --I wish I never had

Brammetje said:
What do you do with decks that have a negative feeling about them?
Nothing

Brammetje said:
What do you do to protect your deck from bad influences?
Store them separately

Brammetje said:
Ever had someone shuffling your cards and felt that they were not treating them right?
No, I think they should shuffle them however they feel, even dropping them on the floor if they have to

Brammetje said:
Have you ever destroyed a tarot deck?
No

Brammetje said:
Do you have any regrets relating to tarot decks that you destroyed or gave away?
Yes. But the reason I gave them away was because they were frighteningly accurate.

Brammetje said:
What do you think happens with your favorite deck after you pass away
Hopefully they will be heirlooms

Brammetje said:
Do you own a used Tarot deck?
Yes, my former spouse gave me a deck and they feel different. Perhaps because they were his sister's and we had a pretty good relationship. She has very positive energy, and had removed the Devil card and replaced it with the blank.

kamodo

Nope. I've only given away one deck and that was the Golden Tarot. I had only removed the plastic and looked to see if all the cards were there, and in good shape before giving the deck away.

I haven't experienced a deck that had a negative feeling yet. I've only used two decks so far and never had a negative vibe exactly, but I have felt when the cards didn't want to co-opperate.

From the last question, if my deck doesn't want to work with me, I simply put it away and give it some time before picking it up again.

I actually keep the deck(s) I use for reading in open air, on my desk, or bedside table. This way, the cards always start a reading free from any energy, and only the energy I put into the cards during the shuffling will be able influence a reading. The deck I am currently not using for reading, I keep stored in box inside my bedside table drawer.

I don't let others shuffle my cards. I do let them look at the cards, and hold the cards, but I do all of the shuffling. If they start to handle the cards in a way that may damage them, I immediately ask them to take care. If they do it again, I take the cards away.

I haven't destroyed a deck, but I did damage a card from my Oswald Wirth. Water had spilled on the card. I felt really horrible. I noticed that it didn't sit right in the deck (curved) and I felt it biased the shuffling, so I put the deck away and don't use it for readings anymore, but do shuffle them every now and then, and look at the images. But I have never intentionally, or unintentionally destroyed a deck.

> Do you have any regrets relating to tarot decks that you destroyed or gave away? Or perhaps you one time read with them in a negative mood?
Or did you not treat it the way you would have liked to. How did you solve/repair the situation?

I still handle the Oswald deck, but I don't do readings with it anymore. I treat the deck with utmost care though, actually I am overprotective of my decks now.

Do you wish that the decks will be used again? or do you feel that it would be better if nobody touched them again.

I plan start collecting decks soon. All the decks I don't use for readings will be left in my will to be divided amongst my children, or to the closest immediate family I have at the time. All the decks I DO use for reading, will all be passed down to whichever family member or friend I know uses tarot, and treats their decks with respect. Collected decks are find to part with, but I won't just give my most-used decks to anyone.

Yes, I own a used Oswald Wirth. This deck has a lot of value to me, and I can feel an energy from it every time I touch it. I don't really notice a difference other than that. The attatchment to the Oswald is more than just a relationship of whether it was used or new.

Brammetje

Marion said:

It was the images, very dark and wierd. I never see the deck mentioned here so it cannot be very popular.

------------ yes I can understand that. I just checked it out and it does look creepy! And that sorth of magick dealing with demons, could be dangerous.

Be a nice person. :D

------------ LOL I should remember that one!

Thanks for your answer! I enjoyed reading you! This topic is very interesting for me!
as are all the others answers so far! Thank you guys!
Keep them coming!!!

thanks,
Bram

Zargata

Yeah, I get bad feels alot when my friends mess around with my cards. Most of the time I let them do what they want, and I fix up my cards later after they are done. I like my in some kind of order when they are in their box...for some reason.

Dwaas

Yes and I hoped it would be at home with the friend I gave it to.

I gave them away. Not because they were specific negative but I got nothing out of the readings. More flat than negative.

See answer before.

I like what Marion said: be a nice person. :)

I told them that they did wonderful and said the deck is shuffled enough, and I took the cards back.

I will never do that, enough people here to trade or to give a deck away to.

I never regretted trading or giving away decks. It happened a few times in the past that I tried to read when I felt afterwards it wasn't a very good idea. The cards became "moody" as well and gave me nonsense answers. Not something to worry about for a long time, just a reminder to only read when I am ready for it.

Love the thought they would be warmheartedly adopted. And I would like to bring my trimmed Thoth with me for a game or so at the "fireplace" :laugh:

There is a difference, in favor of the used deck. Not so long ago I got a second hand tarot of Prague, and the former owner told me he got it second hand too. The deck is in a fine condition but has definitely marks of being used. And I love that! I don't have to worry about the first scratches because they are already there. The deck is comfy, beautiful whereas I also begot a brandnew copy of the tarot of Prague, and I hardly dare to touch that one. Just too precious. Most of my decks are/were new, but it is totally different from the brandnew Prague. Something about this deck that makes it easier to handle when others already have. I just love that second hand copy.

Blessings

Katrina`

yea..my first deck. I couldn' "feel" anything in it and it is put inside a bag and sitting on my table

I put it in a black bag understand my pillow...and it be called "protection"? ^^"

?

Cerulean

I've tossed a discounted Yeager Tarot of Meditation away without regret, it was really way too silly.

No regrets.

Some of mine are more used than others, some a bit on the old side. One was playing card deck dated 1947 and it's stained, warped and yet I love the images of this double-sided, Italian deck. The smoky and warped look is fine.

Best regards,

Cerulean

tarotbear

I sold a deck I didn't like to a student. Now, at times I do wish I still had it - even just to use as a bad example!

You mean - I just picked up deck 'A' at a shop and got bad vibes? Not buy it. If one of my decks suddenly got a bad vibe? Slap the long edge of the pack against the table three times and tell it to shape up!

It watched the 'Blair Witch Project.' {just kidding. I have never had this problem. My decks get scared when I slap them against the table}

I wrap my deck in tomatoe red silk and store it with a clear crystal point wrapped with it.

Yes! I shouted at them! They were bending my cards!

I have requested that my favorite deck be buried with me; it will serve no one else any earthly good.

I have two or three used decks, or at least ones that once belonged to someone else who didn't read with them. They don't cause me any noticable problems.