Strength reversed

misskatie

Hi, I am a complete novice...that's my disclaimer lol! I am starting some Tarot classes on Saturday so I've been playing with the cards for the past 2 weeks trying to get a feel for them.

The deck I am currently using is Fenestra Tarot. My question is about Strength reversed. This is embarrassing to admit but the question I asked was "Will he ever truly love me?"

Since the lion is more prominent to me in the image, I interpreted it as him as he is a controlling person. I got the feeling from this card that he may "love" me but it may not be exactly the healthiest kind of love? The other reason I tend to think this is because in describing him and his personality if you will I pulled both the King of Swords reversed and Death reversed. The King of Swords reversed to me is out of control with emotions, or emotionally unbalanced, possibly obsessive? Death reversed means to get out of my situation with him would be a constant battle because he would have a hard time letting go.

Could I have the right idea about the Strength card? Thanks!

Aladdin

It looks to me as though your ideas are quite right. In my estimation Death is the stronger force working in your favour to end a heavy going, possibly unhealthy relationship. Good luck.

starrystarrynight

Hi misskatie,

Welcome to AT!

I'm sorry, but I agree with Aladdin. Strength Rx, to me, would be a warning that this guy may have the tendency to be a bully, The King of Swords Rx is often an angry man who will do whatever it takes to get his way, and Death Rx says that he is unlikely to change. The fact that two out of the three of these cards are majors seems to be asking you to pay a lot of attention here because this is significant.

balenciaga

You are going to hate me, but Strength RX seems to me "weak" and King SW RX means witless. Sort of like would not know what to do without you; rendered helpless. Death RX - can't accept that it ends.

willowfox

Strength Rx says no, you just can't rely on him to produce the goods because he can't.

missy

What great interpretations here!

I was going to add something along the lines of your own feelings in the matter and how this plays out in the Strength Rx. The question itself "Will he ever truly love me?" is tinged with a hint of (well-deserved) impatience.

Strength normally includes the virtues of compassion and patience. Reversed, it could mean that the time for patience is up; he has had his opportunity, and you are right to feel impatient. I agree with the interpretations that others mentioned; it doesn't sound like a healthy relationship.

bec

Strenght RX in this situation could very well be a misuse of powers, manipulation and a weak self-rightous way of taming the other one. Since the strenght of inner balance obviously is lacking, the power "struggle" becomes more physical. A long with King of Swords RX and Death RX I would say "get the H away from him" no matter how he loves ... he is no fun playmate. Mentally and psycological abuse, making you small will in the long run be the only thing that can make him look like the "king of the jungle"

misskatie

balenciaga said:
You are going to hate me, but Strength RX seems to me "weak" and King SW RX means witless. Sort of like would not know what to do without you; rendered helpless. Death RX - can't accept that it ends.

I don't hate you lol, in fact I appreciate your feedback so much. This has been quite the struggle for me with this person. Believe it or not I have gotten good cards when it comes to him also...he is a rollercoaster ride altogether. The good is there but comes with so much emotional unbalance that the bad outweighs the good. I am starting to realize that he is more than I can handle as time goes on.

misskatie

bec said:
Strenght RX in this situation could very well be a misuse of powers, manipulation and a weak self-rightous way of taming the other one. Since the strenght of inner balance obviously is lacking, the power "struggle" becomes more physical. A long with King of Swords RX and Death RX I would say "get the H away from him" no matter how he loves ... he is no fun playmate. Mentally and psycological abuse, making you small will in the long run be the only thing that can make him look like the "king of the jungle"

YES. He does feel the need to make others feel small in order to make himself feel better. He is a very controlling person in everything he does in life. If he's not in control his emotions are out of control. Thanks for your insight! :)

misskatie

Ok I probably should have combined all of my posts into one but too late for that! :)

Thanks so much to everyone for the feedback. It's good to know I am on the right track with my interpretations and thinking in regards to this situation!