study group application ~ Sagittarius

lunalafey

Moongold said:

I still think it would be great if there was some place on Aeclectic or somewhere else where people's charts could be displayed and we could look at them while reading the posts. What happened to your suggestion, Minderwiz? It seemed like a nice one.

What idea? I missed it...couldn't we use one of the sites that do charts and just all share it? meaning create an 'account' and we use the same user name and password. Is that possible in cyberworld? If so we each just put our data in and BINGO....

Moongold

Hi Lunalafey,

Love your name.

Using a site like www.astro.com is a great idea.

They only allow three charts for free but we could manage that.

Moongold

Moongold

Hi all,

There is a great list of good astrology web sites at the link below through Mountain Astrologer. Some of them have some good stuff about the links between tarot and astrology, and some great stuff generally.

I found an article about Sagittarius, Jupiter and Tarot but lost it when I tried to check the link whilst writing a message here.

The link to the lsit of good web sites is:

http://www.mountainastrologer.com/plumb600.html

You can spend hours on this site.

Here is the link to a simple but quite interesting article on Jupiter and Sagittarius and the link to tarot.

http://www.stariq.com/

Moongold

Minderwiz

I do have some web space and now I've got some charts of Aeclectic members I'll see if I can get them up - however don't hold your breath - Web designer I'm not!

I think its a good idea to look at some of the sites you have mentioned as well - because I'm not sure how many charts I can accomodate.

Moongold, I think I've resolved my problem with introversion/extroversion - I did not take into consideration the fact that you were born in Australia when I did the hemisphere analysis - whilst you should be extrovert if born in the Northern hemisphere, thinking about it - born in Australia would reverse this and the indicators are that you would be more introvert.

I'm not really used to Southern hemisphere births, so sorry for the error. However it's good that this site has many Aussies on it - it will give me a chance to try and understand the differences that may occur

lunalafey

Moongold said:

Using a site like www.astro.com is a great idea.

They only allow three charts for free but we could manage that.

Moongold

only 3? how is that? I have almost 20 people on my list. Is that for new members?

isthmus nekoi

Yes, that's a good pnt to raise, Minderwiz. Introverts work from the inside to out, extroverts from the outside to in. Introverted ppl aren't necessarily unsociable, but b/c we value extroversion in Western (or at least Canadian) society, we often view the expression of an introverted approach to be the stereotype of someone who is shy and socially inept. I'd say it's more difficult for introverts to learn to express their mode than extroverts b/c we tend to value the extrovert approach so much more but this is getting OT.

I find it difficult to relate areas of the natal chart to extroversion/introversion. I'm heavy in air and fire which would suggest extroversion. I have 2 water houses though... and only 1 earth and 2 fire (8,10,11,12,1) . But then again, I've got the bulk of planets above the horizon. That indicates introversion? Southern hemisphere is the latter 6 houses - that's extroverted right? Nnnnnnn confusion reigns...

Moongold, just reread my post and hope I didn't come off like: oh astrology is so easy. I don't think it is.
If this helps, I tend to anthropomorphize things and I find conceptualizing the planets as the *gods* helps w/the whole narrative deal. I like to give planets personality not just key words. Then it's like they're alive and autonomous.

lunalafey, I think when you don't register w/astro and just go as a guest user, you can only have like 3 charts. If this is what happened, you don't need to log in b/c you have a cookie from the site. But this means everyone else can't access the data...

Minderwiz, maybe I can help out w/some html stuff (might be getting Dreamweaver for xmas ^_~) later on. Plus, I'd love a good excuse to warm up my Photoshop as it's been very neglected these days....

lunalafey

A Sagittarian 4th house.

Finally I got through this....working takes so much time away from studies....LOL.

4th house
Family, Father, home and domestic affairs, environment. Conditions at the beginning and the end of life. The undertakings of property, lands, and mines.
Sag. is extension and expansion, freedom, foresight and prophecy, anticipation and apprehensiveness. Idealism, pride and reaching out. Land, hills and ground that are higher than surrounding country (HA! I live in the mountains!!!)
Stables and horses, arrows and spears, and swords.
I also found an association to the early part of life in one of my astro. Books
Horses have always been a great love for me. I am a natural equestrian with awards and ribbons to show for my talent. I also worked at a stable when I was in high school. (early part of life stuff) And that higher ground thing….living in the mountains was a childhood dream that I fulfilled about 14 years ago.
Sun; ego/self, Father.
Father, seems to keep popping up, so I look at aspects; AH…a square (uh-oh) to Saturn! Another father connection. (note: Saturn rules Cap. which is where my Sun sits) The relationship between my father and I was not an easy one to say the least. We had quite the struggle during my years as a child. Most of my time was spent in his care. He was quite controlling and degrading. Saturn is in Aries, the sign of identity. (which is where I think Saturn was in my father's chart, if that makes any difference)
I'm also dealing with both Sag. and Aries as fire signs.
I seem to be getting a little on the predictive (past) side of my chart. Yet at the same time, the experience I had growing up with my father (&etc) adds to who I am.

INNIE or OUTTIE?
6 Earth planets and 8 below the horizon.
Introvert here.....People sometimes find me anti-social to a small extent. That is because I don't speak alot, I prefer to listen and watch. Large crowds in a social setting, like a wedding where I know no-one makes me uncomfortable. I'm better off in a small group of those I am familiar with. I can be friendly, no problem....geez, I have to be, I bartend. I usually don't start conversations with strangers. An odd thing about me though, I like solitude and don't get cabin fever.

Moongold

Isthmus

No, you didn't sound as if you thought reading a chart or understanding astrology was easy.

It becomes easier the more one becomes familiar with the concepts and the language and the more work one puts in, but here is a lot of work. It is worth it though.

I do want to ask you one thing, quoting from a comment you made in the thread Reading your chart :

T-Square cont: I've read that if you find the degree that opposes the apex planet you'll find the area of your chart that you need to work on, or where you will find resolution to the T-Square. w/my limited experience, I find ppl instinctively work on those areas anyways... ie. I have a friend who is aware of major issues w/body image and self worth and her 'empty' opposition is in the 2nd house (forget which sign

Could you explain what the apex planet is? Does it mean the planet at the very top of the chart? How do you determine the apex? I found your observations on this quite interesting as it highlights something one needs to work on. In hindsight, I've got plenty to work on LOL. Just want to see if this confirms what I know.

Isthmus, are you a Sagittarian? I'm sure you've told us but I can't remember which post. And also Minderwiz, what sign are you, can I ask?

Thanks in advance,

Moongold

Minderwiz

Well, I'm Sun sign Libra (just) Moon sign Aquarius, and Leo Ascendant.

A T square forms a right angle triangle, the apex is the planet that is square to the two planets in opposition. The T square triangle can be any orientation so the 'apex' can be in the upper, lower, left or right parts of your horoscope.

The issue of the point opposite the apex is one that is debated quite a bit. A T square is a Grand Cross (see my post on aspect patterns in the Interpreting your chart thread) with a 'missing' planet. The position which this planet would fill is opposite the apex of the T Square.

There is some debate as to its importance. Some argue that it is always sensitive, others argue that it only becomes sensitive if transited by a planet, others argue that it is never sensitive.

I don't have enough experience to say what the answer is - You need to meet a lot of people with such an aspect pattern and see how they respond.

isthmus nekoi

lunalafey, I've got sun square Saturn too! Not the most favourable aspect, that's for sure. I'll get into this when the sun goes into Cap which is where my sun is... It's also interesting that horses should come up. My artsy planets (Venus, Neptune) are in Sag and when I was young, the 2 dominant subjects in my drawings were horses and humans. Still are, I think, although after life drawing for 4 years, it's mostly naked bodies now ^_~
Hm... Mines... I'm not sure about mines. I was under the impression that Pluto/8th deals w/mines.

Moongold,
I read about the 'missing' planet (which opposes the apex) off Bob Marks' site. He calls it the empty leg... Check it out here: http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com

I'd say, if it's relevant to the interpretation, include it. If you can't find something clicking then just focus on the existing planets...

OK, as for my *l i m i t e d* experience, I can remember 3 (!!) T-Square charts where I used the empty leg. The one I found really significant.... was someone whose empty leg extended to the 9th house in the sign of cancer. He is extremely against dogmatic persons, esp those affiliated w/the Christian church since I gathered that members of his family were pretty hardcore. (9th-church, Cancer-instinctual behaviours, home) He always is pretty level headed and reasonable (Libra ASC) except when it comes to the issue of dogma. "Bible thumpers" have *no* redeeming qualities in his mind. My impression was that it was a sensitive and emotionally loaded issue which still comes up for him.

And no, I'm not a Sag, but I thought I'd don the avatar for whatever sign the sun happens to be in ^_^ Nope, I'm a Capricorn sun sign... I've got a moon in Sag though!