study group application ~ Sagittarius

Moongold

Saturn, Uranus and Pluto retrograde

Hi Minderwiz,

I'm nearing the end of my Saggitarian spot in the sun, so to speak, and would like to thank you, Isthmus and others for a wonderful learning experience. It will continue as we move through the other signs. Capricorn is my ascendant so I look forward to this period on Aeclectic.

At the moment all of the above planets in my chart are retrograde and Saturn opposes my Sun. www.astro.com explain that I have just commenced a period where things might be at their lowest ebb for 29 years and make some interesting projections.

Interestingly enough, whilst I feel physically quiet tired I'm feeling better spiritually than I have for nearly three years. Astrology tells us where the energies are and we can make of those what we will. I certainly have the capacity to do that now and feel confident of being content in the next few months.

The 29 year low........does this mean that 29 years ago Saturn was again in opposition and the terrible three were retrograde at then? At this time (1971), I became quite sick physically with the illness I've referred to earlier in these pages and life was pretty hard for a while. It would be interesting to see this experience as something which could be partially understood in this context.

I feel capable of looking after my health now and certainly much more philosophical about most things but could I read into this combination of retrogrades that I'm vulnerable again? I guess that's possible.

Would appreciate your comment about whether 29 years ago would have been another real low and maybe some comments on these three planets. From what I understand they take a long time to make their orbits. I'm unlikely to be around for the next visit LOL

Many thanks,

Moongold

Moongold

Saturn

Hi Minderwiz,

I did some research and found that the cycles do not coincide although something else happened around that time. If one looks at seven year cycles, some interesting themes emerge. Seeing one's life through the lens of astrology is a helpful way of understanding.

Saturn appears to be a very significant planet and has tended to be seen as the "Great Malefic " but that depends on your point of view. Much of the available literature tends to point out what can be achieved in times when Saturn potentially has a negative effect.

Liz Green has apparently written a book on Saturn which I might check out.

Moongold

isthmus nekoi

Hi Moongold,

Yes, I find Saturn cycles are given the most weight perhaps b/c they pertain to the lessons we must learn in life. The inner circle of planets move faster, and therefore give shorter transits and so don't get as much attn. The outer planets are regarded as 'impersonal' (um.... gee I don't know, I'm finding Pluto transits very personal ha ha) and again aren't as weighty. And as for Jupiter, I find Jupiter transits are written off as lucky times, and the general advice is: don't overdo it. I find what I've read on Jupiter transits to be superficial and in a way, it's almost like some modern astrologers want to bring the great benific down! (J makes you lazy, overconfident etc)

Liz Greene has done a lot of work in psychology, myth and what not... I keep coming across her work in my research and it seems repairing Saturn's reputation is important to her. I've read some stuff by her on the net, I find her grasp on psychology pretty solid.

While I agree that there's no point in getting all superstitious or viewing Saturn as all gloom and doom, I am a little wary of modern interpretations of skewing Saturn over to the 'good' side of things esp when shifting Jupiter over to 'bad'. Planets aren't good or bad!!! It's what you do with them that determines how they're going to work out... w/Saturn transits you reap what you sow. This is neither good or bad, it all depends on how you've been living your life. Thus, the point is not to fear the challenges life gives you but to face them head on, do the best you can do. If you try to run away from these challenges... well Saturn will give you a good kick in the pants!

I find a similar 'softening' of the Death and Tower card in tarot. Reciting how we need to clear things out in order to reach a new level is very common, but easier said than done! Likewise, it seems ppl have a tendancy to gloss over the 'Death' part of transformation (Hm. Death is also ruled by Saturn :)). I don't think that is very helpful. I don't see what can be gained by 'sanitizing' Death, Tower etc. If ppl are really afraid of these concepts (death, suffering, pain etc) they really should ask themselves why they have such fear, instead of downplaying the importance of such things.

OK, I've finished ranting :p

Moongold

isthmus nekoi said:
Planets aren't good or bad!!! It's what you do with them that determines how they're going to work out... w/Saturn transits you reap what you sow. This is neither good or bad, it all depends on how you've been living your life. Thus, the point is not to fear the challenges life gives you but to face them head on, do the best you can do. If you try to run away from these challenges... well Saturn will give you a good kick in the pants!

I find a similar 'softening' of the Death and Tower card in tarot. Reciting how we need to clear things out in order to reach a new level is very common, but easier said than done! Likewise, it seems ppl have a tendancy to gloss over the 'Death' part of transformation (Hm. Death is also ruled by Saturn :)). I don't think that is very helpful. I don't see what can be gained by 'sanitizing' Death, Tower etc. If ppl are really afraid of these concepts (death, suffering, pain etc) they really should ask themselves why they have such fear, instead of downplaying the importance of such things.

Learning a little about astrology here has helped me understand a bit more about my life and that's why I'm interested in the various cycles/transits and their affects.

A friend has a fascination with myth, legends, dreams and astrology and she also inpired my interest. The turning point for me in terms of credibility was when I learned that a car accident I had earlier this year was actually foreseen in my chart. Had I known, I would not have gotten in to that taxi....LOL.

Knowing the potential downside to particular events can help you develop a more thoughtful approach to these.

I'm very new to all of this but I'm now fascinated by the framework and mythology of astrology. Saturn does seem to be a little dark but that makes it quite interesting.

It seems that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing though. I need to understand a whole lot more before I can really make the most of the framework. The superstition comes from not having the full picture. I'm not superstitious but I do have a keen desire to know more. In some ways this journey makes one a little self-absorbed but this too will pass!

I quite like the versions of the Tower and Devil cards that put a positive twist on things. It helps people get on with their lives. I have a quite irreverent interpretation of the meanings of various tarot cards which I might e-mail you.

Good luck with Pluto, and blessings..

Moongold

isthmus nekoi

Glad you're feeding your interest in astrology! Xmas shopping today, saw a Liz Green book on Neptune... :) [I should add a bit of a caveat w/the psychology part of her books. It's definetely not the behavioural-cognitive kind of psychology, which is the most popular nowadays. If you are hoping for that kind of thing, I'd look elsewhere...]

As for my POV regarding superstition... As relavant as astrology is, or tarot, or whatever belief system you ascribe to.... I think it's always important to remember that these systems are satellites orbiting the Truth, *reflecting* Truth back to you, and *they are not the Truth itself*. The second you confuse the light from your satellite w/the light from its true source, you will be prone to superstition, dogmatism etc. Tarot is 78 pieces of paper w/pictures printed on them. Astrology is charting the movement of big chunks of rock in the sky. The second you change your focus from the Truth to the *object* reflecting the Truth, you've lost sight of everything...

RE: Saturn/Tower/Death... I don't have my e-mail listed, but you can PM me if you'd like! :) I do think it's important to know there's light at the end of the tunnel. To exclude that isn't realistic. But you have to walk through that dark tunnel first to reach the light. I wouldn't interpret Tower/Death as needless worry, feeling self pity, not being able to move on etc. unless there were other cards that indicated otherwise. There's neurotic suffering which doesn't do anyone any good, and then there's true suffering from which great truths can be learned if you're willing to go there. It's the latter I find Tower/Death tap into.

rcb30872

Hi

A bit late, again, by about 2 years, but my interest in astrology has intensified.

On my own chart, I have Sagittarius in Jupiter and Neptune.

The below mentioned is a report that I had done through The FutureMinders, but this is a site where you need to pay to have extras in your membership.
Here is the link if anyone is interested
http://www.thefutureminders.com/default.cfm

Neptune in Sagittarius:

Your generation will need new religious and philosophical
values. They are very profound and inquisitive about the meaning
of life. It is also probable that during this period many
educational laws and programs will be reformed. Rebecca, as a
part of this generation, you will be very interested in being in
those reform groups; you are inclined towards disseminating new
ideas, seeking a universal religion, and getting to know
different cultures. At some time it is possible that you will
meet false prophets but your own intuition will allow you to