Sylvie Steinbach's Lenormand Oracle - 'no layout' method circle

Golden Moon

Finding out people

Hello Sylvie, I have a question. I don't know if it will fit in this section but it's something that has been bothering and I don't think it's discussed in your the Lenormand Oracle Book.

Ok, my question is (this is just an example)... Lets say someone broke into your house and stole $800 worth of jewels and you wanted to know if it was a male, female, or someone you knew, How do you go about that? do you remove the cards that represent the male, female, and dog and pick whichever calls to you? Do you fan out the cards and look for the first of the 3 cards to appear, then you do the no lay out spread?

Any advice would be greatfully accepted:).

Bernice

HI Golden Moon,

Until Sylvie responds, I think I would charge a keycard for the thief-person, then just proceed as per usual with the no-layout, keeping in mind that you want a description of this person.

In the Workshop threads there are examples of how to discover what people look like.

eta: Maybe use the Mice as the keycard ??

Bee :)

Golden Moon

Bernice said:
HI Golden Moon,

Until Sylvie responds, I think I would charge a keycard for the thief-person, then just proceed as per usual with the no-layout, keeping in mind that you want a description of this person.

In the Workshop threads there are examples of how to discover what people look like.

eta: Maybe use the Mice as the keycard ??

Bee :)

I know how to do a discription on a person. But what I want to know is, how to find out its gender.

Sylvie Steinbach

thief

This is actually a complex inquiry indeed. Between us, it is not my favorite inquiry because every single time I have had those, the client wanted to know more than the gender! Usually they want to know who did it!!!

This may require more than one question in order to ensure that you are on the right path as you proceed. The point of 'double checking' your answers is what I am referring to.

That being said, finding out the gender follows similar rules than divining the sex of a fetus so I will send you back to look at that chapter dealing with pregnancy/children.

You can do like Bee suggested which is assigning the man or woman cards as being the thief and see what comes up next to it about 'is the thief a man or woman?'.

Or you can charge the house for the location of the robbery and ask the same question to see what appears next...

This is not a standard type of inquiry. A lot of customization as you proceed with the questions and depending on the answers you get (clear or not so clear for example). Think of this: one may assume there is only one thief to find out the cards keep pointing to two (one who actually did it, and the other who knew about it). It can get quite complicated...This kind of reading is not for beginners or advanced students but seasoned Lenormand readers.

Finding out who did what is detective work and not everyone is good at that. It is a specialty. So if this is not your thing, it is ok. You are probably very good at some other application.
Hope that helps a bit.

halil

man-woman cards

Hi Sylvie,

I would really like to know your answer to lord_ewin's question about what it means when you charge both the man and the woman cards and they appear next to each other with nothing in between. I have your book and can't find the answer, and being unable to travel all the way to NZ to attend one of your workshops, I was hoping you could answer such a good question.

Thanks!

Sylvie Steinbach

man and woman cards

Dear halil,

I am sorry but I doubt my answer is going to satisfy you...

The man and woman keycards don't have any meaning of their own and they can only be defined by the cards around them...

If they are both charged, they are interpretated as being two keycards in the same layout answer (a bit like a multi-level). The 'no layout' break down applies as usual except one keycard is part of the other's story and vice versa. The fact that they don't have a card between them makes no difference -except if you are into the traditional system which is looking at how close or far a card is from the man or the woman card or how they look at each other or not and so forth but it is not part the 'no layout' system.

Of course it is easier when it is illustrated with examples within different types of inquiries. When I teach my workshops we do a lot of hands-on case studies and those specifics are approached. Unfortunately I no longer teach on this forum but the virtual workshop (in the AE archives) is available for you to use and develop your 'no layout' experience.

I hope that the e-book series will be making things more interesting for people who can't come to a live workshop. Thank you for asking...

If you wish to access to the virtual workshop and have the complete list of what it covers, go:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=87808

Blessings
Sylvie

Lela

Question about something in the book.

I've had Sylvie's book for a few weeks now and have been devouring the the archived threads from the study group... so far so good! :D I am really enjoying learning and using Sylvie's method and find that it comes easier to me than reading tarot.

With that said however, I do have one question about something in the book that has me a tad confused...

In the Love and Romance chapter on page 188, last paragraph, in the first example where the shuffling and flipping of the cards is described, it says "...draw the cards one by one... until I see the man card. Once found, I continue to pick another 4 cards," the cards were then laid out --> card + card + key card + card + card in the example. Why were 4 cards drawn after the key card was found and laid out that way in the example? This confused me a little when, everywhere else, it says to use the 2 cards flipped prior to the key card and the 2 cards flipped after. Is this a variation on flipping the cards or a slight editing oversight in the book? Just curious is all.

Miss Divine

Hi Lela,

I saw that in the book too, and it's a mistake in the book.
Just continue as you were doing...drawing until you get to your key card, and drawing 2/3 after the key card. So you use the 2/cards that you drew before the key card + key card and the 2/3 cards you drew after.

Hope I am making sense. I need sleep LOL!

Satori

I find that when I shuffle and then try to find the woman or man card to start the reading that I'm flipping enormous amounts of cards to find them. Is this typical?

lord_ewin

Sometimes you'll flip through at least 36... :D