Tarot combined with astrology

lilangel09

I think they are two very different animals. In my mind, horary and Tarot readings are alike. Astrology is more like a science or a map.

A natal chart reading is more suited for identifying planetary expressions, psychological patterns, identification of reasons for outside factors coming into one's life, and (transit) predictions. Solar return charts are "predictions" but you still do the above with them.

A Tarot reading is more suited for fortune-telling, although you could discover the above too, but in a different way.

Of course, there are overlapping areas where you can do the same things with both, but I still feel they are quite different approaches.

The only astrology I use in Tarot readings are what is on the card or what the card reminds me of. Sometimes what I know in astrology helps me more easily describe something because if I want to describe a "muddy feeling" the association "Pisces Moon" might pop into my head, which gives me something I understand to expand upon.

And using this as an example only, if 2 natal charts showed strong incompatability b/w 2 people, but horary and tarot told me otherwise, guess what I would be more inclined to believe? Would this be because I don't believe that some/all things can change (therefore that things are set in stone)?

I would believe neither, or both. ;)
If 2 natal charts showed strong incompatibility between 2 people, I would be more inclined to hear what the two people say. There are people out there with 'horrific' charts in synastry and composites, but they want the relationship with each other, get along, and work well together. The "ghost in the machine", so to speak.

Even if you are a very well-studied and experienced astrologer, it can take at least hour to digest a natal chart and answer a question in-depth. There is more information and a more complete picture to talk about.

a_gnostic

I think they are two very different animals. In my mind, horary and Tarot readings are alike. Astrology is more like a science or a map.

A natal chart reading is more suited for identifying planetary expressions, psychological patterns, identification of reasons for outside factors coming into one's life, and (transit) predictions...
I have an elementary and very limited understanding of astrology, so I hope this question doesn't come off as impertinent.

So far, I think about a natal chart as describing the "natural" trajectories of one's life. These trajectories are subject to the choices one makes along the way, however, the natal chart also describes the tendencies one will (or may be expected to) exhibit in making those choices. To some extent, then, whether one "follows the path" intimated by the natal chart depends on the depth with which one is aware of their path and whether one chooses to resist or alter it.

If that is more or less correct, then wouldn't external factors be independent of (and thus not predicted by) one's own natal chart? After all, those outside factors include the trajectories of other people as modified by the choices that they make for themselves. I don't understand how a static, natal chart can embrace that uncertainty, although I could appreciate how it might help characterize one's responses to whatever those outside factors turn out to be and, in that way, help anticipate if not predict their effects.

lilangel09

I have an elementary and very limited understanding of astrology, so I hope this question doesn't come off as impertinent.

So far, I think about a natal chart as describing the "natural" trajectories of one's life. These trajectories are subject to the choices one makes along the way, however, the natal chart also describes the tendencies one will (or may be expected to) exhibit in making those choices. To some extent, then, whether one "follows the path" intimated by the natal chart depends on the depth with which one is aware of their path and whether one chooses to resist or alter it.

If that is more or less correct, then wouldn't external factors be independent of (and thus not predicted by) one's own natal chart? After all, those outside factors include the trajectories of other people as modified by the choices that they make for themselves. I don't understand how a static, natal chart can embrace that uncertainty, although I could appreciate how it might help characterize one's responses to whatever those outside factors turn out to be and, in that way, help anticipate if not predict their effects.

I believe that a natal chart does not only describe one's energies. It also describes what energies or experiences a person can be subject to, from the external world. There are those who only believe in the former and concentrate solely on psychological astrology, so I am not speaking for all astrologers. I believe a person's energy can attract certain people or experiences, making them more likely to have certain things happen to them than others that do not have the same energy signature, so this is why you can predict potentials based on certain aspects and transits.

It was a good question, so thanks for asking. :)

Melia

I would believe neither, or both. ;)
If 2 natal charts showed strong incompatibility between 2 people, I would be more inclined to hear what the two people say. There are people out there with 'horrific' charts in synastry and composites, but they want the relationship with each other, get along, and work well together. The "ghost in the machine", so to speak.

Sure ... but it’s also easier to collaborate with fate than it is to work against it ... want, need and fate are not the same thing ... and for 'some' people the reality of the ‘horrific’ charts hits later.

lilangel09

Sure ... but it’s also easier to collaborate with fate than it is to work against it ... want, need and fate are not the same thing ... and for 'some' people the reality of the ‘horrific’ charts hits later.

Maybe some people are fated to have a 'horrific' chart together, and it works for each person's needs and nature? Not everyone is fated to have synastry and composites filled with trines and sextiles in their relationships and not everyone wants one.

daphne

I like learning astrology even though I'm a beginner, but I cannot correctly do my natal chart because I do not know my birth hour (I had to guess it with the best of my ability), which is why I lean towards using tarot more.

Same with me. I would like to go more into astrology, but I am every time put off by the fact that I do not know my birth hour. I heard, though, that an experienced astrologer can track back (very precisely even, in matter of minutes) the hour of birth using the major life events of the subject (education, parents, siblings, marriage, kids). Would be great to find someone like this one day...

Melia

Maybe some people are fated to have a 'horrific' chart together, and it works for each person's needs and nature? Not everyone is fated to have synastry and composites filled with trines and sextiles in their relationships and not everyone wants one.

I am of the belief that you do need 'some' hard (challenging) aspects synastry. But, certain planetary transits throughout a person's life will provide them with some difficult challenges along the way as well. Therefore, if mostly what you have in synastry to begin with is just a lot of very difficult aspects that scream incompatability, and so few good aspects, that relationship is more than likely going to be a difficult one.

There is fate but there is also choice .... the choice to collaborate with the gifts and attributes we have been given (or chosen in this lifetime) and to work with these would, seem to me to, be the better path for our soul.

Melia

Same with me. I would like to go more into astrology, but I am every time put off by the fact that I do not know my birth hour. I heard, though, that an experienced astrologer can track back (very precisely even, in matter of minutes) the hour of birth using the major life events of the subject (education, parents, siblings, marriage, kids). Would be great to find someone like this one day...

Sorry to hear that Daphne. Some people say that chart rectification, no matter how good it is or compelling the evidence, can only be speculation ... and I think this is true. But if you had a pendulum reading that confirmed the chart rectification time (or was very close to the time of the rectified chart) then one could be more confident. Have you considered a pendulum reading with an experienced reader?

daphne

Sorry to hear that Daphne. Some people say that chart rectification, no matter how good it is or compelling the evidence, can only be speculation ... and I think this is true. But if you had a pendulum reading that confirmed the chart rectification time (or was very close to the time of the rectified chart) then one could be more confident. Have you considered a pendulum reading with an experienced reader?

No, It never crossed my mind, the pendulum reading...

Still, must be rather challenging to find an good astrologist also using the pendulum...
Such a pity and frustrated for me that the time of birth was not recorded...

Melia

Well, you don't need an astrologer that uses the pendulum necessarily. You can find someone who is very good with a pendulum, and then separately an astrologer to rectify your chart.