Tarot dreams

Flames

Hi Nisaba,

Your tarot dreams are so detailed. Amazing. Thanks for sharing them.

Here's a dream I had a couple of years back. I posted it here on the forum, too.

I'm walking down a street and this guy I'm with (I don't know who he is) takes some dried leaves and shrubs off the ground, and rubs them into the upper center of my chest, like he's playing/flirting with me. I feel a prick, like a cut, a sting, a burn, tiny needles. He turns around to look at me and says, "Oh, I'm sorry. I think I hurt you." I say, "Well why, what does it look like? Is it red?" He doesn't say anything, just stares at the spot. I think to myself, "I'll have to wait and see for myself."

I put my fingers to my chest and feel that some of what he rubbed in, is still adhering to me, and so, I collect it, pull it off gently, and examine it in my palm. I see clusters of tiny thorns embedded in certain sections of the scrunched up leaves and shrubs. The detail is extraordinary. You have to look really closely to see them. I let the debris slide off my index and middle finger to the ground.

I go to a party, a gathering, and find myself looking for my computer because I need to get work done and I'm having to wait on this guy (who rubbed the stuff on me) to give it to me, but he's speaking with a woman (who begins to look more and more masculine from behind) and I don't want to interrupt him. As she becomes more masculine, he becomes more feminine.

A friend asks if I want to go home, which I do, because I feel disappointed and bored. I put on my shoes - a gorgeous pair of shoes, heel not too high and not too low, black, sturdy and elegant. I think, "I've got my shoes, what else do I need?"

I'm now in the bathroom of my parents home, my childhood home. There is a window to my left and a soft light coming through. I decide to look in the mirror to see if there was any damage done to my upper chest, right below my throat. I see that there's some redness, some colour, but, no mark, no scar and that's when I notice 5 small tarot cards tattooed right above my breasts, in a row. My first thought is, "Oh God, he must think I'm so strange.." I smile and then say, "Oh well. I am who I am," as I take a closer look at the cards. I realize after some time, the tattoos are not permanent...

The cards were:
Death - Temperance / Knight of Swords - Hierophant - High Priestess - Star

I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS DREAM. I've also come to understand what it means for me...well, sort of. :)

Flames

One more thing about the dream...

It was Rider-Waite's Hierophant &
High Priestess though her face wasn't visible, only her blue robe. I kept looking into the mirror to take a closer look but of course, it was my face staring back at me...

Death was an image I'd never seen before in any tarot deck - but, if I ever design my own deck, it's precisely this image I'd draw...

Temperance / Knight of Swords - the image looked like Rider Waite's Temperance on a horse! It gave me the feeling of the Knight of Swords...like they had merged to become something else...

and I knew Star was the last card even though I couldn't really 'see' it..but it was there

MissChiff

I'm not sure if you would call this a dream...when I was in the burn unit...I was on a lot of medication. The daytime nurse that took care of me said that I would sit in bed and do Tarot readings. I don't remember a thing about it. She said that I would do it a couple of times a day. She would check on me a lot because it sounded like I was talking to people. And of course there was no one in the room with me...

Zephyros

Moderator Note:

Three threads on the same subject have been merged, and a number of cross-posts have been removed since they were not needed.

Nemia

I think I've told the story already somewhere here on AT.

I had a short, intense dream on the morning of my 50th birthday. I heard the words: reflection - specific - virtue - practice! spoken like an urgent command, and I knew that this is a tarot spread I need for my birthday. I also knew immediately what each word meant.

reflection - looking back on what I did, why and how in the last year

specific - which specific problem is bothering me right now?

virtue - which virtue do I have to cultivate in the next year?

practice - what practical advice do I need now? which practice should I adopt?

I also noticed in my sleep that RSVP means "please answer", and this dream was a call I had to answer.

I did the spread on each birthday since then and will continue to do so. It's a weird little spread but insightful and it's my own ;-)

Laura Borealis

I love this topic. I love tarot and I love dreams, so both together is awesome!

This is one from a few years ago. In the dream I found out there were some cards in the Major Arcana that I did not know about before. Much like when you dream extra rooms in your house that you somehow had never noticed. I seem to remember there were three of these "new" cards (not really new - they had been there since the earliest decks) but when I woke I could only recall the name of one. It was called Principalities, and in some decks that is changed to the Kingdom. It was a rather scholarly dream.

Mulling over this, I thought, isn’t that one of the choirs of angels? I looked it up, and yes —

Nine Choirs of Angels
Seraphim
Cherubim
Thrones
Dominions
Virtues
Powers
Principalities
Archangels
Angels

According to Wiki, the Principalities are overseers, educators and guardians of the realm of earth, and they inspire work in science and art. Seems to me such a card could make a decent addition to tarot, though the choirs of angels would fit better in a modified Mantegna deck.

nisaba

Hi Nisaba,

Your tarot dreams are so detailed. Amazing. Thanks for sharing them.

Yours turned out to be detailed, too!

The cards were:
Death - Temperance / Knight of Swords - Hierophant - High Priestess - Star

I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS DREAM. I've also come to understand what it means for me...well, sort of. :)

Hey! What a GREAT dream-reading!