Tarot lessons...

magpie9

mixed level class

I did a mixed class like that once, and it didn't work for anyone, including me. The beginners were shy about trying to read around the more advanced students, the advanced students were bored with the beginner foundation stuff, but the beginners couldn't understand the more advanced material. It totally didn't work.
I'd suggest a simpler beginning class based on what you consider to be the absolute foundations and what they are most interested in. Separately you could have intermediate level workshops in various specific topics, like astrology and how it is used with tarot. Once a month or 6 weeks or so you could have a 1 day reading workshop for all levels.

No, I haven't tried Jette's outline myself, but a lot of it looks very useable.

Anam Cara

I was going to suggest Scion too,
but you might also try PM'ing Teheuti
(Mary Greer). She's taught/is teaching
Tarot Classes (I attended one of her classes
at a local metaphysical store last year...it was very
enlightening!!)
Perhaps Mary has an old
course outline you might borrow...

Good luck!!
:heart:cara

Demon Goddess

I've sent a message to Mary.

If all else fails, Magpie, I'll pick up the book you suggested. :)

Thanks everyone for the input.

This may work out better than I originally planned.

Gosh, I'm excited about it.

Aura Wolf

I appreciate the thread, you guys--it's sort of kismet, I was just thinking last night that I would like to teach tarot for extra money, in addition to giving professional readings. I happen to have Professional Tarot already, and am now diving into the teaching section. This really is a very useful book. I look forward to more suggestions. Personally, I've never taught before--but I feel I know my stuff. I was thinking about the way I learned tarot, personally...and the way I know many others have learned. And from that, I'm asking myself, what do I think works best? That's where I'm starting.

I think a little history and contemporary usage info wouldn't hurt...it's good to know. And I think intuiting meanings and then looking them up is an excellent way to learn (and gain confidence!).

Demon Goddess

Well, Scion wrote that he'd listed his Syllabus here in the pro section, so when I find it, I'll post the link here.

Mary sent me some fantastic tips and suggestions too!

I don't think she'd mind if I share them, but I'll wait for her permission to do so.