Tarot of the Saints - would anyone like to study it with me?

Master_Margarita

celticnoodle said:
an interest here Master_Margarita! I've forgotten that I purchased this deck a long time ago, and I've never opened it! (I found it while cleaning & it was in a 'hiding place' :rolleyes:) If you get enough interest to re-vive this, I'd love to be included. I am ready to begin discussing this deck, and using it. Let me know if you want to just go ahed with the two of us, in the hopes that others will join in, or if you want to wait for more people to join in the discussion.

Oh, as long as there's two people talking about a deck, that works pretty well. What I find tough are the study groups where I'm just talking to myself. :eyeroll:

:heart: M_M~

celticnoodle

Well, super then MM! The Crowned One also mentioned following along with our 'study', tho TCO may not be able to be an 'active' participant. So, do you want to carry on, and start now? I've never been an active participant in the study of a deck here on AT before myself, so I'm at a loss of how or where to begin and will leave that up to you.

As soon as you get it started, I guess I will go and unwrap my deck and bring it out. I've been on the fence about whether or not to keep this deck, but I must admit, it does seem to be calling to me, and this thread may be just what I need to finally bite the bullet and open the box! :D Can't wait!

Vesper

The deck has come up in other threads, and it got me thinking about it again.

I once liked TOS enough to buy a back-up copy, and I looked through it again last night. The calm simplicity of the art really works for me, though the saints themselves are hard to keep straight.

Part of me wants to memorize which saint did what, and the other part is trying to just get the meaning from the images. (For that reason, the minors are giving me less trouble than the courts and majors).

Study with others could really help me reconcile these approaches. Count me in, too, if I may?

celticnoodle

evelone said:
The deck has come up in other threads, and it got me thinking about it again.

I once liked TOS enough to buy a back-up copy, and I looked through it again last night. The calm simplicity of the art really works for me, though the saints themselves are hard to keep straight.

Part of me wants to memorize which saint did what, and the other part is trying to just get the meaning from the images. (For that reason, the minors are giving me less trouble than the courts and majors).

Study with others could really help me reconcile these approaches. Count me in, too, if I may?

Master_Margarita has started a new thread studying this deck. She started it off with the 4 of coins--go find it! the more the merrier to study this deck!

Queen of Disks

I had this one on my wish list for a while, untill evelone gave me her extra copy ((((evelone)))) :heart: after the death of my cat. I love it because it I can sit and meditate on it, and it reads well for me. I was raised Catholic, so most of the images and saints in the deck are familiar. This deck makes me feel at home, and looks awesome. So I did a search and found the study group. I will post on the other threads later. Thanks!

MsRubyRain

Hi all,

This was the first deck I purchased. I didn't know much about Tarot and was trying to pick a first deck. I was drawn to this deck. The imagery is familiar and soothing.

I am still at the very beginning in my learning about Tarot. I have since purchased RW to have and few other decks. I really would love to follow this study group.

~Blessings~

celticnoodle

darn! I came really close to bringing this deck with me when I came out here for a few weeks to my dau. home. but, i left it at home. I do hope this 'study group' picks back up, and I'm eager to get it going again, once I get home.

It is a lovely deck, and Queen of Disks, like you, I was raised Catholic and am still practicing so. I, too, can identify with the saints portrayed in this deck, and I absolutely love it! I had never heard of it till I happened across it and then decided finally to purchase it. I'm so glad I did! I want to start meditating with it as well, but have yet to do so.

MsRubyRain, I'm sure this is an excellent first deck. Had I thought about it, I'd have purchased this for my neice, who is just now beginning to learn tarot from me. Maybe I'll get it for her as a gift later though.

I do hope ya'll are still interested by the time I get back home, if it doesn't pick up sooner! I'll check in here as soon as I do get back home and PM you, if it's not going before.

***eagerly awaits this now!**** :)