Tarot Tattoos?

kalliope

I don't have any tarot tattoos, but for a few years I was really considering one. I wanted the Death card from the Art Nouveau tarot. I still think she's gorgeous, and looking at it now just makes me want to get it all over again! :( But I never could decide where I'd get it since I didn't want any sleeves, and I already have a tattoo on my back. If I'd had the perfect place figured out, I'd probably have that one right now!

I also thought about getting the Wheel of Fortune. I'd been going through lots of ups and downs, and the Wheel really resonated with me at the time. I didn't have a special image picked out, though. Thinking about it now, the Shadowscapes Wheel is pretty (wasn't published at the time), and a version of the Crystal Tarot's Wheel would be, too. The blind Fortune in the Art Nouveau wheel is pretty, of course, and I'm also partial to the whimsical Vacchetta/Tarot of the Master wheel, even though it's sort of gruesome!

One of my favorite cards, period, is the Thoth Star, and I think she'd made a super gorgeous tattoo as well!

This thread is giving me all sorts of ideas! :bugeyed:

MissJo, the phoenix death card you posted from the Shadowscapes would be beautiful! And emmsma, your Osho Zen wheel is fantastic!!

By the way, my current tattoo is somewhat related: I have the zodiac and the four elements between my shoulder blades. The image was adapted from an illustration in a friend's book about alchemy.

Minotauro

I have the zodiac and the four elements between my shoulder blades. The image was adapted from an illustration in a friend's book about alchemy.

I need to see a picture of that.

kalliope

I need to see a picture of that.

You know, I actually had my husband snap a picture this morning, but it's entirely out of focus! Not sure how he managed that. I'll try again in the next day or two. I'd wanted a picture for myself, in fact, since I forget what it really looks like as I never see it very well!

Darkness

If you're talking about the sun & moon in the center of that reading cloth, I think it would be really nice as a tattoo!

Yes that is exactly what i was talking about, it would look great i think!

MissJo

MissJo, the phoenix death card you posted from the Shadowscapes would be beautiful! And emmsma, your Osho Zen wheel is fantastic!!

You should look through the rest of the deck! All of the cards are beautiful!

Lokismile

The back of the Luciferian Tarot is inked on my chest.